Hacking ACTION REPLAY WORKS ON 3.0U

knivez

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Action Replay confirmed WORKING with 3.0U (latest ver with internet fix).

So i read some pages and i found that the general consensus is that action replay no longer works. I'm not sure if its been discussed as of yet, but i found a way to make the AR 1.14b (version i have) work, along with another action replay MAX my friend had.

What you need to do is load gcos multigame and wait till it asks u to insert a dvd to load. Eject the gcos multigame disk and insert the the AR disk.
The AR splash screen shows and then you can enable some codes.

I recently got Naruto 4, so i went online and searched for some codes to manually type in. I went to the japanese section and type them in.

Then i saved them and it told me to eject the disk.

Now this is the important part. When you eject the disk, the wii will automatically reset itself. If you had action replay inside a GCOS multigame image, the wii will reset to the GCOS menu asking you to select a game. This will keep happening over and over, so maybe that is why people said that AR no longer works even with gcos.

However, if you only used a GCOS multigame disk as a loader for an AR disk, then when the wii resets itself, it will reset back to the original AR menu and this time, it will work when you eject the disk. Everything will be normal and you can switch the AR disk to the game disk (i.e. naruto 4).

I have unlocked all the chars in naruto 4 and all the stuff in gnc warioware using this method on my wii, so i know it works.

The setup i have now for AR is the following- A gcos multigame burned image with AR 1.14b inside. I labeled it AR loader.

I use this image to get to the AR menu, and RIGHT AFTER i exchange that disk with another one i called AR (real disk) - which is simply the AR burned on a disk without GCOS . THen when action replay asks to switch disks, the wii will reset, and this time will load the AR from the new disk, and that will work.

so gcos multigame AR does not work by itself.
And regular AR disk is blocked from being read by the 3.0 firmware.

However, combining the gcos multigame disk as a loader for the regular AR disk will work. You just gotta swap the disks when you get to the AR menu and then activate some codes and press start until it says "eject disk". WHen you press eject disk, the wii will reset itself and load the regular AR disk without problems. THen you will be able to enable codes and eject that disk without it resetting again, and now you can swap that disk with a game disk.

Hope this helps anyone, and i havent tried any of the freeloader features built into AR since my wii is partially region free.
this method might work with some other stuff as well.

laurenz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Great discovery, but I'm sorry to say that this trick was already found out on the day the update was released.
But still, not many people knew about it so it's good that you clear things up for people who didn't know about it yet.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
hmm interesting, so what you are trying to say is to make a iso with the action reply version 1.14b built into it and a original action replay 1.14b, boot the gcos with the built in action replay eject disc and insert the original action replay? i was lost after that....

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
i don't have firmware 3.0 i'm just curious about this, i doubt i will ever upgrade to 3.0 anytime soon lol currently on 2.2e firmware
tongue.gif

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
have fun with old games after a while
tongue.gif
no reason to stay at 2.2

there is in my case, have "fun" not being able to use a action replay ever again. and it's very easy to remove any update from isos
dry.gif
By the way if you read the first post properly, he means that if you put the gamecube games you want to cheat on a multiboot gcos iso, AR will work properly (the original AR disc). So you can't use AR on original GC or single-game backups, but you can on multiboot, as the reset will not completely reset the wii.
He has this GCOS disc with AR on it as he finds that easier but you don't have to do it that way.
Just removing the update from games will not always be enough, as games will start to require higher firmware later on.

TaMs

Randomizer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Good find though i'm not using action replay.

IF they'll ever made update what will block modchips etc. They can easily just make games to require higher firmwares like manias said.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: https://youtu.be/heNQ-22Mqnk?si=B4bTa9MKZkRNCkxU +1