acrion replay to inject save files??

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by kirox777, Nov 19, 2010.

Nov 19, 2010
  1. kirox777
    OP

Newcomer kirox777 Member

United States
    Hi, i have a dsi with acekard2i and i just installed dslink. so i also have cooking coach and the save file but no slot 2 device... Now i also have an action replay and a ds. how the hell do i inject/write the hacked exploit save file (VCKE.SAV) into my retail cooking coach dsi? any ways at all??? any help is appreciated, i read that there is a way to put the hacked save into the game via action replay, how do i do that? thanks again [​IMG]

2. Pliskron

Banned Pliskron Banned

United States
    what's dslink? As far as I know you need a slot two device to load a sav I picked up a max media dock on ebay for $1 so you should be able to get something cheap.

3. iYoshi-

Member iYoshi- GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    What is this "Acrion Replay" you speak of?

4. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    Can't modify save files on a DSi as it doesn't allow cart swapping (it won't initialize the second cart when you swap so it can't actually read or write he save) and has no slot-2.

You'd need to use a DS/Lite to write the modified save file and then run it on a DSi.

5. twiztidsinz

Member twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

United States
    You can use anything that allows you to write to the save file on a retail cart.

On the PC side there is the NDS Adaptor/Plus.
    On the DS side you can use NDS Backup Tool FTPd. This requires a DS 'phat'/lite.

6. DeMoN

Member DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    The Action Replay DS does not manage save files. You need the Action Reply Max Duo to do that, and it only works on the DS and DS Lite. I would not recommend you buy one though, because it will not work with many newer games that use a larger save file, such as Pokemon.

My suggestion is to buy the NDS Adapter Plus tool, since it works directly with the DS game and a computer, you don't even need a DS for it.

7. kirox777
    OP

Newcomer kirox777 Member

United States
    lol well i tried to change it as soon as i posted it, but i guess not...

8. kirox777
    OP

Newcomer kirox777 Member

United States
    i was thinking maybe i can, idk... convert the save file to a .duc (action replay format) then add that using action replay code manager, then load it up using my ds lite and once its on i switch the game card to my dsi and load up the exploit... but thats just a theory. i want to know if thats even possible, and if it is how to add it exactly. if not ill consider these other suggestions. thx again for the help [​IMG]

9. SifJar

Member SifJar Not a pirate

United Kingdom
    If you have a DS Lite, use your AceKard 2i with the DS Lite to load NDS Backup Manager FTPd (linked above) and put the save on with it, then put the game into your DSi.

10. kirox777
    OP

Newcomer kirox777 Member

United States
    yea i do have a ds lite, and i downloaded NDS backup manager FTPd. but which one do i click on (on the ds, or pc) to make it upload the save from my pc to the ds?

edit: nvm i downloaded smart ftp but it wont copy and replace the save file on-to the game... any suggestions?

edit: ok well i have gotten mostly everything thnx to twiztidsinz. [​IMG] for those of you who was stuck like me, i created a little tutorial on how to get this to work http://gbatemp.net/t266661-quick-tutorial-...or-dsi-homebrew