Homebrew ACNL Save questions

drenal

that guy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Before i start my post, just know that I'm fairly new to gbatemp. I'm sorry if this isn't in the right forum section. :(

Recently, I found out about RyDog's AC:NL NTR plugin, but I couldn't use it because my copy of AC:NL came with the Welcome Amiibo update pre-installed. Before I try anything, I wanted to know one thing: If I installed the older version of AC:NL (the one without the pre-installed update) then updated it, would I be able to transfer my saves between the two versions? If so, how?

EDIT: Thanks to KunoichiZ for solving my problem :)

Last edited by drenal,

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know about JKSM, but I heard that the old version of AC:NL uses garden.dat instead of gardenplus.dat. I was wondering if I was able to use a gardenplus.dat on an old copy of AC:NL.
garden.dat is for the old versions of ACNL.
garden_plus.dat is for ACNL+Welcome amiibo. They are not compatible with the old versions of ACNL.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dang, looks like i wont be able to use that plugin :(
Oh well, thanks for telling me before I screwed things up :)
If you manually download the update from the eShop (or install it as a CIA) and you have a normal copy of ACNL, you can use JKSM to move the saves between the games. You just need to move the save folder that JKSM makes from the JKSV/Saves/ACNL_-_Welcome_amiibo folder to the JKSV/Saves/Animal_Crossing_New_Leaf folder. You can even use FBI to copy the folder so you don't have to rely on a computer.

Last edited by KunoichiZ,
Reactions: Toady231

drenal

that guy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you manually download the update from the eShop (or install it as a CIA) and you have a normal copy of ACNL, you can use JKSM to move the saves between the games. You just need to move the save folder that JKSM makes from the JKSV/Saves/ACNL_-_Welcome_amiibo folder to the JKSV/Saves/Animal_Crossing_New_Leaf folder. You can even use FBI to copy the folder so you don't have to rely on a computer.
Will this work with the FreeShop version of the game?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: That boi burning up, gonna melt those snowflakes.