ROM Hack Discussion [ACNH] BCAT forging ?

arabtm

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hi @Alree . if I install the latest update, will the previous BCAT content update be available right away, or we always need to install BCAT update on top of software update? for example, if I install the latest 1.9.0 only, will 1.7.0a be included or not?
thanks.

Alree

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi @Alree . if I install the latest update, will the previous BCAT content update be available right away, or we always need to install BCAT update on top of software update? for example, if I install the latest 1.9.0 only, will 1.7.0a be included or not?
thanks.

Update does not contain BCAT. Those are "certificate" received by the switch if your account is linked to Nintendo.
So if your Switch is not banned and your game is legit, you'll receive every previous BCAT automatically. But have to wait for the 1.9.0A and B (not officially released yet)

If your switch is banned or if your game is a dump, you have to manually install BCAT. (every new BCAT released come with all previous existing BCAT)

Ok thanks .
And 1.9.0b BCAT enable Eggs on tree ?

if so, then only the 1.9.0b BCAT is enough?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G985F mit Tapatalk
If you want to "travel directly"/"wait" to 4Th april yes
Iif you want to play the game, like Nintendo attended. Install A on 1st April, B on 4th April

arabtm

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Update does not contain BCAT. Those are "certificate" received by the switch if your account is linked to Nintendo.
So if your Switch is not banned and your game is legit, you'll receive every previous BCAT automatically. But have to wait for the 1.9.0A and B (not officially released yet)

If your switch is banned or if your game is a dump, you have to manually install BCAT. (every new BCAT released come with all previous existing BCAT)

If you want to "travel directly"/"wait" to 4Th april yes
Iif you want to play the game, like Nintendo attended. Install A on 1st April, B on 4th April

ok. I understand. thanks for the explanation! :)

shutupsitdown

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
<Sigh> I've installed the other BCAT events successfully, but have failed after restoring the 1.9.0a and 1.9.0b BCATs (I went straight to b). I wonder if Nintendo has figure out how to detect and defeat SwitchTime. My Switch has never been connected to WIFI. I tried time traveling to see if 1.9.0a working on April 1st thinking that maybe there was just an issue with 1.9.0b, but no luck (aside from the two users above me have an issue with 1.9.0b, there are more on agronomru's github). I tried the zip on agronomru's github, and the attachments on post #1 (they have the same CRCs, but I tried them anyways as a last resort.). Is there a way with the file system or something I CAN verify the BCATs are present on the Switch SD? I believe everything is correct from an Animal Crossing perspective. I'm just stuck at 1.9.0. SwitchTime is the only other variable I can think of. My NetworkSystemClock flag is set. But nothing...

efgamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I just installed everything in another switch. 1.9.0b is triggered without any issue.

What time zone did you use?

Also for me 1.9.0b is not being triggered on april 4, 2021 at all. I've boot the game today in april 5, 2021, monday and I'm still stuck on 1.9.0a now until next update I think.

What I am doing wrong?

Last edited by efgamer,

efgamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I only use Switch Time. try to travel (with Switch Time) to April 1st, save & exit. Go to April 4th

Thanks for reply but still no luck. I traveled back to april 1st, Isabelle mentioned about the approaching of the bunny day but when I traveled forward to april 4th she said nothing but her regular daily quotes also the title version stuck on 1.9.0a . I have no clue what is going on. Tested with both saves from northern and southern hemispheres.

Last edited by efgamer,

Alree

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Are you able to "dump" your installed BCAT and send it to me ? we are on April 7th and all switch I own are always in 1.9.0b

Alree

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
files are same. only difference was the annoying Apple .DS_Store files everywhere.
you dump contains those files (.DS_Store) ?

Alree

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Bro I dunno.
Try to install the 1.9.0a BCAT ONLY, travel back to April 1st. open save and exit ACNH. (be sure 1.9.0a is enabled)
Install 1.9.0b BCAT, and travel to April 4th

efgamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Finally solved the issue and got the game running on 1.9.0b. Here what I did:
  • Used JKSV and dumped every save;
  • Used the pc (mac os) and executed the following commands on terminal in the root of the micro sd:
    • find . -name .DS_Store -type f -delete ; find . -type d -print0 | xargs -0 dot_clean
  • Just to be sure, set the archive bit again on every folder except the Nintendo folder:
    • sudo chflags -R arch /Volumes/Untitled/<all folders except Nintendo>;
  • Used JKSV and restored the save data;
  • Used JKSV and restored again the BCAT of 1.9.0b;
  • Boot the game and successfully activated the 1.9.0b.
I think there were a lot of mac os system junk files like you mentioned in the save data. Also I unlinked the Nintendo Account using Goldleaf and fake linked again using Tinfoil before taking the steps above and before trying to boot the game again.

Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Nvm i didnt "hear", it's a truth +1