Finally solved the issue and got the game running on 1.9.0b. Here what I did:
I think there were a lot of mac os system junk files like you mentioned in the save data. Also I unlinked the Nintendo Account using Goldleaf and fake linked again using Tinfoil before taking the steps above and before trying to boot the game again.
- Used JKSV and dumped every save;
- Used the pc (mac os) and executed the following commands on terminal in the root of the micro sd:
- find . -name .DS_Store -type f -delete ; find . -type d -print0 | xargs -0 dot_clean
- Just to be sure, set the archive bit again on every folder except the Nintendo folder:
- sudo chflags -R arch /Volumes/Untitled/<all folders except Nintendo>;
- Used JKSV and restored the save data;
- Used JKSV and restored again the BCAT of 1.9.0b;
- Boot the game and successfully activated the 1.9.0b.
Hello! I've been having the exact same incredibly frustrating problem! Unfortunately, I am not the most tech savvy and I am very afraid of doing things I'm unfamiliar with on my own. Do you think you give me a hand with this?