Ackard2i questions

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by damon66, Apr 18, 2009.

Apr 18, 2009

Ackard2i questions by damon66 at 6:54 PM (1,073 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. damon66
    OP

Newcomer damon66 Member

United States
    Ok thinking about getting a dsi today, and i have a SCDS1, which i know will NOT work for it, so i was thinking of maybe buying an acekard2i. just had some questions, like are there any games that dont work on it? are there any functions of the dsi that dont work with acekard, and does anyone know if nintendo will release some sort of future patch for dsi that will stop flashcarts forever? thanks

2. dart06

Newcomer dart06 Member

United States
    If you have a DSlite I suggest just waiting until a better flashcart comes out. I only bought a AK2i because I had an old DS Phat and upraded to a DSi. As far as I know everything that works on a lite flash-cart-wise works on the DSi except playing GBA games. It is unknown whether or not Nintendo can block it from firmware updates.

3. damon66
    OP

Newcomer damon66 Member

United States
    what will future flashcarts be capable of that the acekard isnt? the acekard is only 20 dollars at least.

4. jarocho4l1f3

Newcomer jarocho4l1f3 Member

United States
    not if u bought it as a bundle for $50...
    :\ [​IMG]

5. spinal_cord

Member spinal_cord Knows his stuff

United Kingdom
    As long as you remember than all of these 'i' cards are really just DS cards that are more compatible than the older ones. Absolutely none if the DSi's features can be used by coders/hackers yet.

6. Drewbear

Newcomer Drewbear Advanced Member

United States
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=149100
    Check first before you ask...
    People supposedly have had problems with the AKi bricking after using Prof. Layton and Pokemon Platinum but that could be an issue with non-US region users. Others have gotten all games to work on US DSi.
    You should be fine otherwise