Acekard2i vs. M3DS Real

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Dangy, Dec 19, 2009.

Dec 19, 2009

Acekard2i vs. M3DS Real by Dangy at 6:33 PM (1,246 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. Dangy
    OP

Member Dangy Twisting Your Mind & Smashing Your Dreams

United States
    I've had my TTDS for about a year now, and I'm ready for a change. I've had no problems with the TTDS whatsoever, so the main thing I'm looking for is better GUI, but I can't decide between the M3 or AK2i. (I don't have a DSi but I'm getting a AK2i anyway, just in case.)

I'm also thinking about getting a Slot 2 card. (Probably an E-Z Flash.)

So, which of the two is better? Which has a better compatibility with the E-Z Flash? Which has better homebrew/NDS compatibility?

Also, where could I buy these cards for the lowest possible price? I was thinking DX.

2. Dangy
    OP

United States
    Okay, I'm really leaning towards the AK2i, where should I get it from? 0shippingzone, Dealextreme, or Dealperfect?

3. Dangy
    OP

United States
    Alright thanks. I'm getting AK2i, an E-Z Flash, and 8GB Class 6 card. This is going to be gaming heaven. :3

4. anaxs

Member anaxs got milk, got candy

Canada
    i would go with ak2i hands down
    its just m3's gba expantion packs
    also m3 is a bit better in playing media but ak2i isn't bad either

5. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    the m3 real perfect bundle is pretty much unmatched as far as slot-2 carts go

6. Densetsu

Former Staff Densetsu Pubic Ninja

United States
    I just did a search for them and found them on DX.

M3 Real ($16.60 USD)
    GBA Expansion Pack ($17.50 USD)
    I can only speak for the M3 Real because it's the only flashcart I have, but the GUI is one of the best out there. It has pretty much all the features you would expect from a flashcart, and the loader is updated regularly. With the GBA Expansion Pack, it's the best choice hands-down if you plan on playing GBA ROMs.

Acekard 2 ($11.08)
    EZFlash 3-in-1 ($18.40)
    I have no personal experience with this flashcart but there's a general consensus that AKAIO is superior to the official loader. It lacks certain bells and whistles like Real-Time Save, but if you don't use it much then it shouldn't matter. With AKAIO, ROM compatibility is better than any other firmware. Case in point: Normatt released an update to AKAIO that was compatible with Zelda: Spirit Tracks mere hours after the ROM was available, and days before the xenophobia patch was released. Even now, most other flashcarts still won't run LoZST without the patch.

It looks like you already made your decision, but I thought I'd point out those DX links to you and also point out that the price difference between them is only about $4 (if you get the Slot-1/Slot-2 combo). I'm sure that you'll be happy with either choice.

*EDIT*
    The M3 Real just got an update yesterday that allows it to run LoZST without the patch, so it does have pretty good support.

7. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
  8. Jakob95

Suspended Jakob95 I am the Avatar

United States
    I recommend to wait and get the Supercard DStwo.