Hacking Acekard2i Fix is released today !

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
tk_saturn said:
Kallona said:
One lastquestiin, i can procure a dslite, i own a dsixl that i want to use the fix on, so do i use the dsl.nds or dsi.nds fix update on the dslite? Rhen i can put it on my dsixl to work, right?

From your posts, I think you need to follow a guide. http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=231410

Use the DSi file regardless of which console you use it on. While both files will work, there's much less chance of you bricking your Acekard if you use the DSi file.

Wish I woulda known that before I used the DSL file on my DSL :/

Kikkerdril

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Does anybody know a way to check if the AK2i is patched for 1.4.1E on a DS Lite? Because on a DS Lite it doesn't show the Alex Stormrider icon, just the Acekard 2i icon.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Kikkerdril said:
Does anybody know a way to check if the AK2i is patched for 1.4.1E on a DS Lite? Because on a DS Lite it doesn't show the Alex Stormrider icon, just the Acekard 2i icon.
Well... test it on a DSi.
If you're not using a DSi then you don't need the 1.4/1.4.1 updates.

If you want to make sure it's updated but don't have a DSi, run the updater.
It will update again if you already have it.

Kikkerdril

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
twiztidsinz said:
Kikkerdril said:
Well... test it on a DSi.
If you're not using a DSi then you don't need the 1.4/1.4.1 updates.

If you want to make sure it's updated but don't have a DSi, run the updater.
It will update again if you already have it.

Yeah, 3 obvious points, was hoping for an easier way. But thanks for the reply anyways.

ibis_87

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Seen with my own eyes - an 1.4.1-updated Acekard 2i doesn't show up as a copy of Alex Rider Stormbreaker when used with DS Lites. Strangely, it only applies to DSi(XL)s.

EcoSport

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ibis_87 said:
Seen with my own eyes - an 1.4.1-updated Acekard 2i doesn't show up as a copy of Alex Rider Stormbreaker when used with DS Lites. Strangely, it only applies to DSi(XL)s.

That's not strange at all. That is normal. Just like how DS Lites never showed Danny Phantom either. Only the DSi and DSi XL show it, and only they require the update.

johnybjb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
tried updating acekard2i with 1.4.1 fix but just stays at 0% - I was able to update another card the same way, does the update not work on clones maybe?

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
johnybjb said:
tried updating acekard2i with 1.4.1 fix but just stays at 0% - I was able to update another card the same way, does the update not work on clones maybe?
I think it depends on what kind of clone.
The patch linked in tk_saturn's n00b guide is for the R4i Ultra I believe (it says R4i during the update) and it works on AK2i's just fine.

If I recall, there were some clone AceKard 2.1 that had the 1.4 (Danny Phantom) fix on the chip so they'd work with the DSi. I would imagine that would cause issues if you try to update since the 2.1 cannot be updated (or it was a 2i that couldn't be updated, I don't really follow what goes on with AK2i/.1 clones).

skratchie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, im really new at this, i updated my dsi to 1.4.1 and now my acekard 2i will not work, i have tried everything, using the updates and everything, the card still will not read, is there anything i can do?

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That's your AKAIO firmware. And no. Just do what I said. Stick it on the root. Boot it up in your other DSi. Follow the instructions. It will update. Then finish. Then you can delete the file. Then you can play on 1.4.1 DSi's.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6aie4t8lZ7k&pp=ygUuaSBhbSBub3QgZ2F5IGJ1dCAyMCBkb2xsYXJzIGlzIDIwIGRv... +1