Hacking Acekard2i/DSiXL Problem

Shadowity

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I've been looking around the forum and google for a while and I'm totally out of ideas.

I recently bought an Acekard2i and it seems to be running just fine until I attempt to load a game. The game itself starts up but when I select "New Game" it suddenly decides to stop running and just lock up.

The odd thing is it works perfectly fine on my DSLite, but I really don't want to be limited to using my Lite and not my XL.

Okay so... My XL is on 1.4.1U, but I have the Stormrider fix. Running AKAIO 1.8.1, and I'm using the "paper fix" just to make sure.

I've looked through every sticky I could find and I still don't understand why it won't run, there has to be something I'm missing but I just don't know what it is.
Does anyone have any idea what the problem is? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Shadowity

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already formatted with it beforehand, but hey I'm totally out of ideas of what else to try so I'll give it another shot and edit this post with the results. Here's to hoping it works, and either way thanks for trying to help even if it doesn't. Wish me luck.

Edit: I was so excited at first it seemed to be working, but then after I reset and reloaded the game it goes back to freezing. Even just one game with a .SAV file keeps the rest from loading up at all. Is there someway to fix that or am I going to have to send it back and get a new one?

Shadowity

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yu-Gi-Oh Reverse of Arcadia and a patched Pokemon White. Both games alone work just fine, and they work on the DSLite too so I know they're not bad or anything.

Same thing goes for the MicroSD card, it works fine on the DSLite; but I don't have a second or else I would give it a try.

Shadowity

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No such luck, I formatted the SD card the right way, and tried a few different ways but the games still lock up on trying to read/write the .SAV files or shortly after. Thanks for trying though.

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can swap my acekards from my sons DSL to my DSi XL without issue so there must be something wrong with your setup.

Have tried the card back in the DSL since?
Is the acekard 1.4.1 updated?
Do you have paper under the PCB? I have found the DSL works better with the paper under the PCB and the DSi XL prefers it with nothing.

Shadowity

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I can still use it on my DSL without problems, which is why it's especially confusing.
Like I said in my first post, I've updated the Acekard itself, and no, I haven't had a need to put paper/etc under the PCB for either. I only need the paper trick for the XL since the cart wiggles around a little too much.

The cart seems to not like reading/writing .SAV files on the XL for some reason, and I'm not sure what to do for it because I've done/tried almost everything.

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I'm confused as well. All i can say is it should work which isn't very helpfull.
sad.gif

edit: I'm gussing it's an SD card issue. It's strange though, I would have thought an SD issue would have effected both consoles.

Shadowity

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My friend let me use his MicroSD card just now, I formatted it and put my stuff on it, tried to load it again and it still locks up shortly after starting the games.

Thanks everyone for all your help but I'm pretty sure something is wrong with the Acekard itself, I'm going to have to return it by the looks of it. Thanks again for trying to help.

Shadowity

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I tried. No such luck. I've already sent in a problem ticket thing to the site I bought it from, I've tried everything suggested/necessary at least twice, I'm almost positive that the Acekard is just faulty or something. Thanks for all your help though guys, I appreciate it.

Shadowity

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I mentioned in my first post I was using the paper trick. It can't possibly be the problem since it actually DOES read the game just fine, I can stay on my menu for as long as I'd want, and I can even run homebrew like the Colors program, it's only when it needs to read/write a savefile that it likes to lock up.

I've tried everything relevant that's in the forums, the first thing I checked out was all the stickies--and no one seems to know what's going on, so I've pretty much come to the conclusion that it has to be something with the Acekard itself, or even worse something with my XL--then I'd REALLY be screwed.

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shadowity said:
Yes, I mentioned in my first post I was using the paper trick. It can't possibly be the problem since it actually DOES read the game just fine, I can stay on my menu for as long as I'd want, and I can even run homebrew like the Colors program, it's only when it needs to read/write a savefile that it likes to lock up.

I've tried everything relevant that's in the forums, the first thing I checked out was all the stickies--and no one seems to know what's going on, so I've pretty much come to the conclusion that it has to be something with the Acekard itself, or even worse something with my XL--then I'd REALLY be screwed.

Its almost as if, when your AK is in the XL, it's read-only. Can you create a file on the SD besides a .sav using a homebrew program? A drawing program or something?

Shadowity

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, just tried it out. I used Colors to doodle a picture, saved it, shut off the XL and turned it back on and reloaded it just fine.

Does that give you a theory to what may be going on?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse