Hacking Acekard2i DSi "an error has occured..."

ineedaspeed

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just received two acekard 2i from consolesource. My NDSi has firmware version 1.3u and the cart has HW 8181. The Acekard icon DOES show up on the DSi menu. When I click on the icon, I get "an error has occurred. Press and hold the power button... etc". I've loaded the memory card with 4.21 from acecard website and also tried akaio 1.5/1.5.1. Both firmwares give me the same error. Both carts work fine in my NDSLite. My 2gb mSD card is from a retail store and properly formatted in fat32. TIA.

Fixed: Just use Dark Knight's link and use that FW to update your card.

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well, that's the problem you get when trying to run the AK2i on a DSi already running 1.4. This is probably going to sound stupid and, given there's no other advice at this stage, I'm going to suggest to d/l the AK2i 1.4 FW Update Fix and run it on your DSL, then plug AK2i in your DSi and see if that does the trick.
Link - http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=206...15&start=15

You'll see the Mediafire link in my post (4 from the top).
wink2.gif

ineedaspeed

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NDSi has firmware version 1.3u. I tried the r4i update on the AK2i using my DSLite but it still giving me the error on the DSi.

Edit: Thanks that FW worked. The other one that I tried before that was ak2ifw_update_14 and that one would just get stuck at 0%. The r4i update didnt work i guess. Thanks again DK.

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ineedaspeed said:
Edit: Thanks that FW worked. The other one that I tried before that was ak2ifw_update_14 and that one would just get stuck at 0%. The r4i update didnt work i guess. Thanks again DK.
No probs. Strange your AK2i wouldn't work on DSi 1.3u, but anyhow, you're good to update to 1.4u now.

I needed to use R4i fix to update my AK2i (creating concerns that I had received a clone/fake), but this was before the 'new' AK2i fix surfaced. I'm now convinced I have an authentic AK2i from DX after reading threads about AK Team's notice of clones & realhotstuff's thread
yay.gif

luissal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Please, someone help me too!

I have a DSi, firmware 1.3U, and a Acekard 2i with the same error.
I just received my card, and when i insert in the DSi, i get the same error... "an error has ocurred..."

Problem is, when I put the SAME card in my friends DSi, it works!!!!

She has a DSi 1.3E...

So, please, someone help me! I don't know what to do...

luissal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
And my friends card works in her DSi as well, and doens't work in mine, although my DS works with original cards. I really don't know whats going on, please somebody help me!

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Firstly, have you updated your AK2i with the fix? If not, why not?

If your DSi is definitely running 1.3U, it should see the AK2i and allow you to run the DSi fix file on your DSi. If you have already succeeded in updating your AK, then it sounds like you may need to place paper/cardboard inside the Slot-1 with your AK2i (sticker side).

luissal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Is there a way to update my card using my DSi?
Because it gives me the "an error has ocurred..." thing just when I try to load the Acekard 2i....

Also tried to put a piece of paper with the card inside the slot, and nothing...

The strange thing is that, it actually works in my friends DSi, on 1.3E but doensnt work with my 1.3U....

The language is set to ENGLISH, country to US.... really... dont know what to do.... do you think its a problem with my DSi? But thing is, original games works....

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If it runs on your friends DSi, Why don't you just use her DSi to update your card? You should also update hers while you are at it.

You don't need to use the paper trick, you only need to use that if the DSi doesn't reconize the cart is inserted which normally means there's bad contact.

luissal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yes, im already talking to her! planning to meet her and her DS tomorrow haha

but do you guys think it will work? because it doesnt make much sense....

and did it work with the guy above? was he with the same problem as me, or am i not understanding very well?

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It should be fine, just use ak2ifw_update_14_DSi_new.nds which you can find in this archive http://www.mediafire.com/?n4nm0i5dmtm Posted by normatt in the official upgrade thread which really should be a sticky in the Acekard forum.

There's no reason it won't work when done. As the DSi is concerned it will be the Danny Phantom cartridge which will be inserted.

If anything goes wrong ak2ifw_update_14_DSL_new.nds (also in the archive) can be used to unbrick the card provided you have another working card to load it from.

Yes the OP had the same issue as you and yes it worked for him.

luissal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thank you guys for the support. I'm gonna test it tomorrow, and then I come back here to post the results. TIA

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Struth, its been a day already....time really flys where you live
tongue.gif
Like I did say, always run the update fix first to rule out that possibility of it affecting the running of the AK2i.
Something just didn't sound right how you were explaining your issue(s).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: