Acekard2i AUS DSI

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like it's a hardware update. It's possible that in order to meet demand, some of the DSi coming out in certain places are utilizing the old hardware with a different firmware for specific regions. As the stock runs out of the older hardware, the newer revisions with the protection built in will take their place.

This happens on the PSP scene a lot with different batch of motherboards being produced to try to curve piracy.

wchill

Resident chillxpert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
With this in mind, we can only hope.

Retail availability
JP November 1, 2008
AUS April 2, 2009
EU April 3, 2009
NA April 5, 2009

Apparently North America won't have as much of a chance at getting these.

SonicRax

Egg-Mayo: The Movie
Trophies
XP
Country
"Following the recent news that the AK2i will not boot on the European DSI..."

*Prepares to sell AK2i* I am officially heartbroken. ._.

A-Z

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
just wondering gbtemp did u test on a europe dsi after uploading akaio before the message cus that would render urs useless against dsi ask you do tests again with a NEW acekard 2i

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
A-Z said:
just wondering gbtemp did u test on a europe dsi after uploading akaio before the message cus that would render urs useless against dsi ask you do tests again with a NEW acekard 2i

the AK2i problems that were around in the past were eliminated in 1.3x akaio and current version is 1.4.1

QUOTEBecause hardware revisions of the acekard wont matter, they all run off the same code

if that's the case why did they release a WHOLE NEW CARD that's DSi Specific!?

as per previous posts THINGS CHANGE in card REVISIONS! even a change in production run could introduce a new chipset due to running out of stock etc!

additional also if this was the case WHY did TTDS clones DIE with NEW firmware updates?

they found a way of not only detecting a different chipset but also how to nuke it!

adzix

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Australia
damn. already sold my ds lite a few days ago and now i am stuck here with a pile of new, awesome games and my hope of playing them on a new dsi has just been... well maybe not completely shattered, but something like that...

so i guess i'll get one anyways, not let it connect online/update and wait and see what ppl find out before i order my new flashcard (since i wont be able to use my compact flash anymore thanks to the non-existand gba slot)

_Burai_

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
If it doesn't work on US DSi (Which is highly possible)

then
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
I'll get AU DSi

Agent007

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
*cough* dbswnd97 ..... if it wont work then itll be region locked which means you cant use DSi ware ... no point in getting a $170 DSi than get a $120 DSL

_Burai_

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Agent007 said:
*cough* dbswnd97 ..... if it wont work then itll be region locked which means you cant use DSi ware ... no point in getting a $170 DSi than get a $120 DSL

LOL I forgot >_<

Meh i'll get the US DSi then, whether AK2i is blocked or not.

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Good news for Australians. I hope the DSi in NorthAmerica isn't going to be blocked.

I don't know when to get one though. With all this hacking happening, and hearing about the DSi getting updates, I am not sure when to get one. If the DSi released new versions (like colors or limited editions) then it is most likely to have a newer firmware (correct me if I am wrong since I have been reading that it updates firmware). If the newer firmware blocks these flashcarts, then I will only be using it for original DS games. Anyway, it doesn't matter.

All I care about is it being able to play games. So I will just wait until they release better colors or even limited editions~!

B

ball2012003

i hope this happens with the US dsi
if it doesn't i hope thats when team cyclops releases the cyclo dsi that will work on the US dsi

B

ball2012003

kesadisan said:
ok call me noob if you want, just asking this
how can you guys test AU DSi with Ak2i?
i mean... uh... it's not yet out right?
beta test?
someone got the dsi and got a acekard 2i because they know someone or there a video game company of some sort and got it early and one of the people tested it

B

ball2012003

QUOTE said:
So please Do not connect your DSi to the Dsi Store (becasuse it will automatically update your firmware)
how could it update your firmware if there's no firmware to update to
just like the people in the thread about the Europe dsi said the acekard 2i didn't work because he/she updated his/her firmware by going on the dsiware channel how could they update the firmware if there is no other firmware to update to

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @The Real Jdbye, :creep: