wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
ds.gif
Acekard2i AUS DSI
Confirmed Working!
ak2ismall.jpg

Following the recent news that the AK2i will not boot on the European DSI, the Flash Linker has been confirmed to boot and run on the Australian DSI. This is good news for those of you who have access to this hardware combination. It still remains to be seen if Nintendo will patch these holes with future updates. For now, go get your homebrew fix!

QUOTE said:
We are glad to announce first that we have tested the DSi out with an AceKard 2i and it definitely works!

Thanks to OzModChips for the news!

icon11.gif
Source
discuss.png
Discuss

ryohki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
OH THANK GOD FOR THAT!

I ordered and paid for my AK2i, and it was shipped the day before the news about the euro dsi not working broke.
I've been a nervous wreck since.
I'm so relieved!

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
I wonder if the ones who tested it on the European DSi made a mistake or something... It seems strange that it works on an Australian one and doesn't work on a European one.

I guess we'll find out soon enough...

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This is very strange. Why would it work on Australian DSi's and not European? Unless the Aussie's are getting an earlier batch of English DSi's that don't include the lockout update?

My guess is that the lock out is part of the firmware. Has anyone compared the firmware revisions of both the Australian and European DSi's? I'll be careful before updating my Japanese DSi.
tongue.gif

Either that or someone made a mistake when reporting that the 'i' range of carts don't work on the Europeans DSi's, which would be GREAT news.

ilovengage

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I ordered a M3 Real last week - getting a DSi now would be a pretty bad idea I guess?
Can the M3 be made compatible with a firmware update (on the M3) or is it necessary to get a hacked DSi firmware?

D

Deleted User

Was it tested before or after you had connected to the shopping channel? Or got an update?

gramin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't get your hopes up just yet.

I'll clarify more once I hear from the Ozmods guy. But I have strong reason to believe he didn't test it on a launch AU DSi.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Maby .... it wasnt tested properly or the AceKard 2i was an EARLY FIRST RUN and the hardware in the AceKards were revision updates in later cards or even different chipsets aka AK2 and AK2.1 ...that could be feesable !?

unless it was the same person that confirmed the USA one not working that tested the AUS one too!?

I would like to see a lot MORE TESTS by MORE PEOPLE before confirming 100% that the AK2i DOES or DOES NOT work for definite on USA/AUS and EUR DSi consoles
smile.gif

was the original confirmation of failure from just 1 person or loads?!

a PROPER TEST would involve several AK2i cards and several DSi consoles to eliminate bad cards or card slots etc!

OzModChips

Trophies
XP
Country
kobykaan said:
MORE TESTS by MORE PEOPLE before confirming 100% that the AK2i DOES or DOES NOT work for definite on USA/AUS and EUR DSi consoles
smile.gif

well, thats not going to coming until April the 2nd...7 more days
The whole point of this is to figure it out before it comes out
smile.gif

If someone wants me to test anything else, let me know i might be able to try more tomorrow

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
OzModChips said:
kobykaan said:
MORE TESTS by MORE PEOPLE before confirming 100% that the AK2i DOES or DOES NOT work for definite on USA/AUS and EUR DSi consoles
smile.gif

well, thats not going to coming until April the 2nd...7 more days
The whole point of this is to figure it out before it comes out
smile.gif

If someone wants me to test anything else, let me know i might be able to try more tomorrow

more AK2i card tests (several cards old and new stock if possible) on MORE consoles as per post ..

to eliminate ....

a) faulty cards/bad batch (crap happens and dead cards appear/or faulty ones)

b) if there was any AK2i chipset updates that could make it work or not work (as per TTDS revisions and AK2 to AK2i remember technology changes so fast whats out today is out of date next week!) maby need to split a couple of cards open and check the chipsets and look for any physical changes even a different color pcb could signal somethings changed hardware wise during production

c) test with AKAIO and AK original loader (to make sure they both work on working cards+consoles)

lastly its quite POSSIBLE to update the AceKards firmware anyhow aka TTDS bricker fix nds file and firmware .bin file

edit: also test on a DSi that has not been on the NET so it has NOT been firmware updated to prove that yes or no the update kills the cards use or not .. ie TEST it vanilla out of the box if it works update the DSi then test again if it fails then we know that NINTY is sending out bricker code or fixes!

Anyhow to sum up please test for ALL EVENTUALITY'S /scenarios etc or ..... please send me a load of DSi consoles and cards and I will/would be happy to test them all to destruction point
nyanya.gif
smile.gif

OzModChips

Trophies
XP
Country
a. i dont need to test multiple Acekard 2i....the card i used cant be faulty and be working
b. the acekard i tested was from one of the first batchs...all the rest at the same anyway, so no need to test this
c. i used the latest original firmware. I doubt AKAIO will have issues

gramin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because it's most likely the AU DSi that was tested with had a stock Firmware.

I know for a fact that the DSi in question prompts for a firmware update the second you try to access the DSiWare store.

It's going to be a case of working straight out of the box, with no DSiWare support (assuming that if you did update the FW you'd kill the AK2i.)

Or straight out of the box it's installed with a newer firmware already, one which kills AK2i support.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
OzModChips said:
a. i dont need to test multiple Acekard 2i....the card i used cant be faulty and be working
b. the acekard i tested was from one of the first batchs...all the rest at the same anyway, so no need to test this

QUOTE said:

and your sure of that because ......

look at AK2.1 they have had a couple of variations of these already! TTDS has had several revisions R4 although dead now had at least 2 revisions .... M3 REAL is on its second incarnation .. SCONE is on its 2nd or 3rd now and no doubt CYCLO cards too!

components get changed for cheaper production runs and to save money in the long run ..

QUOTE said:

If you have not tested AKAIO then how can you be so sure? at least test it...

gramin said:
Because it's most likely the AU DSi that was tested with had a stock Firmware.

I know for a fact that the DSi in question prompts for a firmware update the second you try to access the DSiWare store.

It's going to be a case of working straight out of the box, with no DSiWare support (assuming that if you did update the FW you'd kill the AK2i.)

Or straight out of the box it's installed with a newer firmware already, one which kills AK2i support.

THIS IS EXACTLY what i was talking about try it VANILLA and then UPDATED! ....

QUOTE(OzModChips @ Mar 26 2009, 11:09 AM)

I asked you to test everything I posted re your statement quoted above
smile.gif

If your not actually willing to test ... then why ask/offer?!

I for one would be Pi$$ed if i bought a new DSi and an AK2i on the strength that YES IT WORKS FINE only to find out that the card didnt work anymore after a DSi firmware update!

OzModChips

Trophies
XP
Country
Because hardware revisions of the acekard wont matter, they all run off the same code

If the European version had been updated, wouldnt that update be available on Japanese consoles as well?
wouldn't all regions be updated at the same time, like Wii?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.