Acekard2 - short battery life?!

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by to3cutter, Aug 24, 2008.

Aug 24, 2008
  1. to3cutter
    OP

Newcomer to3cutter Member

Croatia
    Hi! This is my first post, because i got my first problem. I got AK2 from DX, and i notice that my battery goes off after just 2 hrs of play when i use AK2! I got brand new NDSL bought in store in my city. Is it battery malfunction and should I replaced it, or is't normal that AK2 burns more power from battery?!?

Thanx.

2. Sephi

Member Sephi fool

United States
    What brightness level are you using? Cause max should drain it pretty quick.

Flashcards normally take off 30 minutes from battery life

3. to3cutter
    OP

Croatia
    Brightnes lvl 3 or 4 usually, but Nintedno says that battery last 5-8 hrs on brightnes 4. And i use a wifi frequenty.

4. ROM Troll

Member ROM Troll GBAtemp Regular

United States
    YOUR PROBLEM IS WITH THE DSL AS IS EVERY DSL OWNER. The DSL drains power at a fast rate.

I get 4 - 6 hours of play and I play with brightness at 2, volume low - off. Nintendo should have increased battery capacity as well as increase the voltage threshold that signals the red warning light to come on. The threshold was perfect with the GBASP as I would always have enough warning time to plug in my charger while playing. Now with the DSL, 95% of the time it shuts off before I'm ever aware of the red warning light. Big snafu on Nintendos part as well as going with cheaper casing and cheaper charger.

5. coolbho3000

Member coolbho3000 GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic

Then use it with low backlight unless it's plugged in.

6. to3cutter
    OP

Croatia
  7. ROM Troll

Member ROM Troll GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I've got sku 3840 on order and waiting for it to ship. It's the same as the one you pointed out only with a black lid and an extra 11 pennies. Previous owners say it's not 2000mAh and more likely only has 10-20% more capacity than the OEM one. I ordered it more as a spare than trying to get 2000mAh and I have sku 6803 ordered for charging whichever battery is not in use.