AceKard2 Not Detected???

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Cracked egg, Feb 3, 2010.

Feb 3, 2010

AceKard2 Not Detected??? by Cracked egg at 1:05 PM (3,339 Views / 0 Likes) 20 replies

1. Cracked egg
    OP

Newcomer Cracked egg Member

United Kingdom
    Hey guys.

had a good search around and also tried 3 diff firmwares.

Just purchased 3 Acekard2 products from verified acekard supplier, have checked that they are all legit AK2 products.

Tried.......

Official Version 4.21
    Version 4.07a15
    AKAIO 1.5

Have DSlite, whith any those firmwares it just takes me to the menu screen of the DS where the slot box says 'no DS card inserted'

Any deas guys?

have previous knowledge of old R4 on the ds so have an idea of what im doing but guess i just need the correct firmware.

___aio & akmenu4 plus i added a folder called games in which i have added 1 rom (fifa 08)

any pointers would be appreciated.

cheers

2. Leonidas

Member Leonidas GBAtemp Fan

Slovenia
    This is a common problem with new Acerkards. I recommend you clean up the contacts with a soft cloth, then reinsert them into your DS lite a couple of times. It should start to work properly. If it still doesn't work. stick a piece of thin cardboard along with the Acekard into the slot, to give it a firmer grip.

3. EyeZ

Member EyeZ GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    It may be a bad contact issue, try the paper trick to make the flashcart a tighter fit into the DS

4. Xoo00o0o0o

Member Xoo00o0o0o Xoo00o0o0o is in the house

United States
    The carts could be.....
    1. Dead
    2. Need to use paper trick (anyone who reads my post will most likely explain it, if you ask, as I don't know what it is)

5. Dark^'^Knigh

Member Dark^'^Knigh GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    Gold!! [​IMG]

6. Cracked egg
    OP

United Kingdom

Just tried all 3 Acekards in 2 different DSlites.

same result [​IMG]

tried the cardboard trick previously witht he R4, no luck with the Acekards though.

must be something else as i cant be that unlucky to get 3 Acekards all dead?!?!?

any other pointers folks?

7. Cracked egg
    OP

United Kingdom
    p.s. for reference i am using 1gb sandisk (although i have a 2gb running on the R4 card)

the micro SD is 'sandisk'
    Acekard 2.1
    purchased from dealextreme.
    cheers

8. EyeZ

United Kingdom
    I can't say for sure that you have "dead acekards", because the DS will still recognise them (don't quote me on this, as i have never had a clone/fake card)

To get the message "no DS card inserted" means your DS is not recognising you have a cart inserted into your DS.

9. Cracked egg
    OP

United Kingdom

im on the same wave length with that, thats why im thinking the correct firmware.

i.e. fake R4 only work with the ???.15 release

but knowing i dont have a fake Acekard im baffled to say the least.

both sides of acekard are as described in the fake thread for an original cart.

under the sticker is flat, no alcatel chip indent etc

gutted, bought them for someone else too [​IMG]

am gonna try another SDcard n see if it the SD causing an issue but pc reads n formats the SD with a problem.

10. Cracked egg
    OP

United Kingdom
    Just tried another brand of SD and same result. basic DS menu, no card inserted into slot1.

11. EyeZ

United Kingdom
    It is not a firmware issue, because if you put the acekard into your DS without a micro SD card then you should get a continual loading screen,

but your issue is your DS is not recognising the cart is in your DS, that's why i originally thought it was a bad contact issue.

12. Leonidas

Slovenia
    There is only 2 possibilities that I see:

1~ Dead Acekard.
    2~ It doesn't make contact. Clean up the gold contacts, use paper trick, etc. Does an original cart work?

My Acekard had the same problem until I cleaned up the contacts. There was quite a lot of micro dust on them.

13. tk_saturn

Member tk_saturn GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    One person had success by opening up the Acekard case and putting a strip of insulation tape behind the contacts at the bottom. This pushes the contacts out rather than the cart.

You could also try putting 1-3 strips of sellotape on the back of the cart opposite the card slot. You could also try putting a strip at the top, on the same sides as the contacts. That will change the angle which the card is there.

Be warned, many people are having savegame issues with the current batch of AK2.1's. So even if you get them working, this could just be the start of your troubles.

14. Cracked egg
    OP

United Kingdom
    is there any known files that could harm DSlite in the past possibly?

the reason i ask is because the 2 DSlites i have are form the same people, they both originally had M3 cards in them.

i dont know what they did but i got call some time back saying the it wasnt working. if i remember correctly i couldnt format the SD card in my pc and they was reading in 'Asian/ASCII' style characters.

since then the m3 cards have not worked so this is why i bought them the acekards, i have the their 2 DSlites with me here.

another DSlite my daughter has runs on an R4 and never had had an issue with it.

my kids DS will be here on friday so will check the Acekards in that too as i know that 100% working machine.

So any light on any bad files that could of either corrupted an SD or even the DS itself?

have tried a brand new SD so it kind of counts that 1 out to an extent but it isnt a known brand so once again maybe an issue with it not being a quality one possibly.

if no known files that can corrupt the DS then at least i can then discount that the 2 lads of these DSlites havnt screwed them up themselves.

will mail dealextreme and see if they maybe have a solution. 1st experience with them though so not sure on the quality of their customer service with after sales.

15. Leonidas

Slovenia
    You always talk R4, M3 and Acekard, but did you also try an ORIGINAL game on your DS Lite?

16. EyeZ

United Kingdom
    You say all 3 acekards are doing this, so my next thought was, possibly it is your DS

17. Cracked egg
    OP

United Kingdom
    just tried an Acekard in the DS with out an SDcard intserted and it still went staight tot he DS menu screen where you can select pictochat as it did before.

gonna give these contacts good clean, but all 3 the same?!!!??!?!

/beer n reefer time me thinks

18. Cracked egg
    OP

United Kingdom
    incredible!!!

i just wiped the Acekard qute hard with a cotton bud.

problem solved haha.

really sorry to have botherd you guys, feel a little sheepish now haha.

even wiped it earlier with fingers (Standard No0b error)

god old cotton buds save the day and me an even bigger headache.

10gbaTemp bonus points to whoever 1st mentioned the 'wipe the contacts' idea.

[​IMG]

19. Leonidas

Slovenia
    That would be me. [​IMG]

I'd just like to say that most people ignore my cleaning advice completely... I just wonder how many acekards would have been saved if people actually tried it.

20. Cracked egg
    OP

United Kingdom
    ^^^^

that said though at the same time i also cleaned the inside of the DS card slot, and on the cotton is what can only be explained as a combination of 3 rounds of toast and half the engine of a 1980's Skoda Favorite so maybe a combination of the 2 as i got only 1 DS out of the 2 working but now knowing all 3 cards are fine i can now deduce from that, that the 2nd DS has 5 rounds of toast, a roof rack and possibly half the contents of a piggy bank to still remove [​IMG]