Hacking Acekard RPG saving problem

ShadowtheKitty

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, this is really annoying me and I've tried everything i can think of. no matter what i do, i can't get any games on the microSD card to read the saves properly. but everything on the internal NAND memory works perfectly.

I've reformatted it several times, using different options. I've removed all spaces in the nds file name (although i've never had a problem with that before). The sav files get created, but whenever i load a game, it either says the data is corrupt in some way (if the game checks for that) or it just acts as if there wasn't anything saved in the first place. even though the game has absolutely no problem with making the save, i just can't load it after reloading the game. I've even copied one of the games (that i've been using to test the saving after i change something) over to the NAND and it saves and loads just perfectly, without any problems.

any ideas?

edit: sorry, forgot to mention that i'm using AKAIO 1.7.1

kineticUk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
http://gbatemp.net/t241521-previous-sav-fi...d-rpg-and-1-7-1
Does it sound similar to this problem?
If it is then I think you should report it directly, I tried reporting this right after release and posted the above info but was shot down by AW and told I didn't know what I was talking about. I admit I lost my temper (I apologize for some of that post).
Anyway this release didn't work on my RPG because it would not recognise/load my savegames. I would have liked to have reported this earlier (eg beta testing) but am not a beta tester. However AW (beta tester) said there was no such problem their end. I no longer use akaio, so cannot be more help, sorry.

ShadowtheKitty

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I have new information regarding my problem. Thanks kinetic, that thread gave me something more to go off of.

I was just messing around with the savelistex.bin file and found something interesting. I deleted it entirely, and rebuilt it one game at a time (backup the save, play a game that I know works on the NAND, then restore the save). Every couple games, I opened savelistex.bin in notepad, and could see the game names showing up as they should. After I finished the games that worked (everything on the NAND), I tried one on the microSD. After doing exactly what I did with the other games, I was not able to load up a save game (and the game not even recognizing that a save was made at all), I checked the savelistex.bin. The game I tried didn't show up at all.

So, what I think is happening is that games on the microSD are not being added to the savelistex.bin file, but everything on the NAND flash memory are being added perfectly. I have no idea how to fix it though, anybody know how?

kineticUk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thats excellent info you have posted there ShadowtheKitty. I'm sure that once someone involved with akaio development reads it they will be able to find out whats going wrong and get it sorted for you. Hope they reply and let you know.
Well done though for figuring all this out by yourself... thats quality debugging no doubt about it.

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm experiencing the same problem with 1.7. I haven't played my DS in a long time, but updated to 1.7 at some point anyway. Went to play something the other day and got an in-game message that the save was corrupt. Then I noticed that about half the games were showing undetected save sizes. I found one that looked fine, but it also had a corrupted message and erased my save. I played it for a bit, created a new save, then hard reset the DS and another corrupt message on the file I just created.

I updated to 1.7.1 but it shares the same problems, and reverting isn't an option because it breaks compatibility so either way we seem stuck.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over