Acekard Plastic Bars Broken

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by luigirez1, Apr 20, 2010.

Apr 20, 2010

Acekard Plastic Bars Broken by luigirez1 at 7:39 PM (1,110 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. luigirez1
    OP

Newcomer luigirez1 Member

United States
    I don't know what to call those bars on the contact part, but i heard a click and those were broken off of my Acekard 2i. When I put it in the dsi it says no game card inserted. Other game cards work fine, but now the acekard will not work. Any ideas?

2. tk_saturn

Member tk_saturn GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Likely to be contact issue. I have one of my carts which has fallen apart from where I opened it, If I remove it from the DS Lite the PCB will fall out of the cart case. It still works aslong as something is under the contacts as in my guide.

The real question is, what the heck did you do to break the plastic bars?

3. luigirez1
    OP

United States
    It broke when I put it in one day. It got worn out, I guess. I did not have it for very long and it's not like I was jamming it in there.

4. DeMoN

Member DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    The Acekard isn't made out of really high-quality material. If you want, you can try getting a different flash cart. The CycloDS is the only one I know of that's very sturdy.

5. luigirez1
    OP

United States
    OK, I sent my DSi to nintendo and said games were not working (Even though every thing but my acekard works) and they replaced it and it works again!!!

6. gary2010

Member gary2010 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    you would of needed to do the paper trick to the acekard, every acekard i own iv had to do the paper trick to make them work. they worked with out the trick for about 2 weeks so 1 day you will probly need to do it to ur acekard

7. seahorsepip

Member seahorsepip GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    has to do with firware protection bypass, so papertrick doesn't work at all......>_<
    Best thing to do is flash your ds with flashme but with dsi(XL) is that not possible so there you are out of luck [​IMG]