Acekard Plastic Bars Broken

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by luigirez1, Apr 20, 2010.

1. luigirez1
    OP

luigirez1 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 19, 2009
    United States
    Tigard
    I don't know what to call those bars on the contact part, but i heard a click and those were broken off of my Acekard 2i. When I put it in the dsi it says no game card inserted. Other game cards work fine, but now the acekard will not work. Any ideas?

2. tk_saturn

tk_saturn GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 26, 2010
    Likely to be contact issue. I have one of my carts which has fallen apart from where I opened it, If I remove it from the DS Lite the PCB will fall out of the cart case. It still works aslong as something is under the contacts as in my guide.

The real question is, what the heck did you do to break the plastic bars?

3. luigirez1
    OP

luigirez1 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 19, 2009
    United States
    Tigard
    It broke when I put it in one day. It got worn out, I guess. I did not have it for very long and it's not like I was jamming it in there.

4. DeMoN

DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

May 12, 2004
    United States
    The Acekard isn't made out of really high-quality material. If you want, you can try getting a different flash cart. The CycloDS is the only one I know of that's very sturdy.

5. luigirez1
    OP

luigirez1 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 19, 2009
    United States
    Tigard
    OK, I sent my DSi to nintendo and said games were not working (Even though every thing but my acekard works) and they replaced it and it works again!!!

6. gary2010

gary2010 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 18, 2010
    United States
    england
    you would of needed to do the paper trick to the acekard, every acekard i own iv had to do the paper trick to make them work. they worked with out the trick for about 2 weeks so 1 day you will probly need to do it to ur acekard

7. seahorsepip

seahorsepip GBAtemp Regular

Feb 18, 2009
    Netherlands
    Netherlands
    has to do with firware protection bypass, so papertrick doesn't work at all......>_<
    Best thing to do is flash your ds with flashme but with dsi(XL) is that not possible so there you are out of luck [​IMG]