AceKard or Cyclo? :)

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Meta-kirby, Sep 17, 2009.

?

Cyclo or AceKard xD

1. CycloDS

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. AceKard

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Sep 17, 2009

AceKard or Cyclo? :) by Meta-kirby at 5:24 PM (3,694 Views / 0 Likes) 45 replies

1. Meta-kirby
    OP

Newcomer Meta-kirby Member

United Kingdom
    oki, i've had my DSTT for over a year and a half, and still works perfectly.. BUT i need a new flashcard.
    The reason is the DSTT isnt being updated (apart from that unofficial firmware and YSMen) and looks like M&L3 wont ever work on it.
    Looking around I've seen 2 cards i like ;p
    - AceKard 2 - cheap and affective
    - CycloDS - expensive but better (?)

Which should i get, AceKard 2 or CycloDS? [​IMG]

EDIT: I also use CLIRC alot and have a 4GB microSD incase that helps [​IMG]

2. luke_c

Member luke_c Big Boss

United Kingdom
    CycloDS, AKAIO is dead for starters, and Cyclo's just better.

3. jabmaster2

Member jabmaster2 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    You will never regret cyclo ds ever. Always makeing firmware updates and fixes. Get the cyclo it's worth it

4. Meta-kirby
    OP

United Kingdom
    WOW, thanks for the fast reply [​IMG]
    I'll get a cyclo then, Thanks for the help guys [​IMG]

5. Frederica Bernkastel

Member Frederica Bernkastel WebPerf and PWA advocate; @antoligy on Twitter

United Kingdom
    excuse me? all the CycloDS has is real time cheat menu and save. thats for fuckers who can't play without it.
    also, please do tell when the last actual Cyclo update was.
    Now tell me when AKAIO was last updated (I don't mean the GUI, I mean the actual loaders)

finally, I'm also correct in saying that the Acekard is the only card that pretty much all piracy protection games work with, cause Normmatt thinks ahead.

6. omgpwn666

Member omgpwn666 Guy gamer and proud!

United States
    Acekard 2i is for me,and all my friends. (Because I recommended to them) But its up to you,there both great.

7. eighty4

Banned eighty4 Banned

United States
    CycloDS is for people who honestly can't control a game or think RTS and in-game walkthroughs are just there to be there. AKAIO has tons of features and runs smoother than anything I've ever had.

I've had a Cyclo, R4, DSTT, and an EZFlash. I've sold the Cyclo for an AK2i.

8. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    i know someone who codes for the nds with a VERY popular bit of homebrew who had the cyclo kill a MSD card completly. also the cyclo gui sucks, yea its my opinion and i'm not afraid to express it. real time same, in game guide, and homebrew softreset are very nice features... but not at the $60 price, thats just insane.

i second akaio is not dead. i'm looking at the BETA 1.5 RC7.5 - Scribble Edition right now. you people need to shut up about akaio. until i see someone actually contribute a bit of money to the project no one has a right to bitch when or if it will come out. norm works on it in his free time and gets nothing in return. and yet it is the best firmware in the scene, has the most updates, constantly gets rewritten to better itself, etc. everyone else just releases game fixes and carries on with their clunky 2yr old firmware.

so back on topic:
    i own more than a few acekard products. all are solid, all have been great, none have given me issues. i write compatibility lists (many i've never published) for myself so I can keep emulation straight. i pop in/out/in/out my msd cards from my ak2/2.1 all the time. when i wrote the NesDS compatibility list i was ejecting the card more than 50x a night to start and in total probably some where around 3,000+ times. that card still works great. the acekard does have, to the touch, a weak bulid. it is plastic after all and has no screws to hold it shut. but if you are an adult who takes care of your toys it will last you for a long time. the only way i can see it breaking is if you throw it about or forget it was somewhere and the dog eats it. also acekard offers a 1yr warranty on all of their products. they will exchange it with no questions asked, also your retailer should do the same. akaio has the best support of all the firmwares. you can come to #acekard on the gbatemp irc network and speak to norm and smiths. there is also a forum and an official wiki. no one flash linker gui has that much support from its "fans."

about the only thing akaio really needs is homebrew softreset. which, someday, norm might work out the specifics. check the akaio wiki for more on what the firmware can do. in the end don't make a decision based on the opinions of others, make an informed decision based on your own research.

-another world

9. jabmaster2

United States
    What the hell is ur problem dude. Cyclos latest firmware is 1.56 beta 2 released like a day ago. Yes and it runs everything I don't think you know what ur talking bout. Just some Jack ass that's like to run there mouth. Anyways to each there own.

10. Frederica Bernkastel

United Kingdom
    Fanboying eh?
    haha
    shut the fuck up, don't tell me I don't know what I'm talking about.
    The cycloDS is for total retards, the kind who cheat on WiFi.

listen kiddo, go back to primary school, you aren't wanted here.

11. nadoon

Banned nadoon Banned

United Arab Emirates
    Well, when I first received my Acekard2i. I didn't give anything to turn it on. I didn't even try it out. The first thing I did is put AKAIO and It's really easy to use. I enjoyed it alot and I don't think it's possible that an other flash card is better. I vote acekard

12. Meta-kirby
    OP

United Kingdom
    uhh... so Acekard is better? :S

13. Midna

Banned Midna Banned

Albania
    FANBOY ALERT! FANBOY ALERT! (Bad grammar alert as well)

Yeah, there are a lot of biased opinions in this thread. I have a CycloDS and my friend has an AceKard. I like them both, but I do value my Cyclo more. The GUI is smooth enough. It's fast and works well, even if it is a bit short on eye candy. The Cyclo has a very solid build quality, whereas the AceKard does not. But unless you're playing with it and pulling things off it, the AceKard's not going to come apart. They are both not short on FW updates either.

I could go on, but in my personal opinion, if you have cash to spare, get the CycloDS. If you want to save, go for an AceKard.

Also, Antoligy, you're a moron and a fanboy who can't use proper grammar. Jabmaster, your retorts would be more credible if you said "your" instead of "ur"

14. jabmaster2

United States
    Ok whatever u say. U make ur self look smarter by the minute. Anyways I do have both and am no "fanboy" I just think the cyclo is better. Never used wifi or rts or whatevr else the supossed "retards" use btw. just the games and I'm my experinces the cyclo was better. Again to each his own.

15. Frederica Bernkastel

United Kingdom
    sure sure, just please don't give the impression that the Cyclo is actually any good.

16. omgpwn666

Member omgpwn666 Guy gamer and proud!

United States

I suggest you get which one u like. And leave because there gonna argue which is better till the forums close.

17. [Truth]

Member [Truth] GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Germany
    acekard = 12$
    cyclo = 60$
    do i need to say more?

18. Pendor

Member Pendor GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Your allmighty 1.56 beta 2 breaks a few games.

Looks like you don't know shit about it either.

19. Golfman560

Member Golfman560 TheRapist.com

Antarctica
    Why did you buy a Cyclo if you don't use the rts? Thats basically the only reason I would ever see someone buying a Cyclo. Sure the ingame text viewer is a plus, but is it really worth another $48? Jesus fucking christ some people like to piss money away. Also you are retarded just because you can't seem to spell or even bother to check your spelling.

I would buy a Cyclo, if I had an extra $48 to piss away on the card to get ingame text viewer for walkthroughs and such, but it definitely isn't worth it. I have an Acekard and I feel its fine, sure Norm hasn't really updated the firmware in awhile but at least he's been working on 1.50 for 4 months if my memory is correct (Probably more, I forget when I heard he'd been working on i) The Acekard doesn't have great build quality, but it isn't going to fall apart or break unless you try to open it up or break the plastic hinges off.

20. Midna

Banned Midna Banned

Albania
    Thread officially derailed into a flame fest.

Not put away those Flame Throwers and perhaps let the OP read these posts.

(Why do I get the feeling I'm one of the only sensible people here?)