Acekard not working?

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So, I received my Acekard 2i. It works flawlessly. And my friend ordered his from Shoptemp as well. I followed this guide:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=154624

And it works perfectly for me. I set up his card for him, and it doesn't work. No games are working. He's getting the same roms as me from the same places. And they work fine on my card. Even ones with no anti-piracy.

Followed that guide to the bone. No go. Reformatted his card, still a no go. We both updated using DSL.

Is it possible he got a faulty card, or that "slim chance of it breaking during update" caused it to malfunction?

What do we do?

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No. I didn't think that would make a difference seeing as me and him got a DSi XL at the same time. And mine works on my DS....

I guess it's worth a shot.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ah, DSi XL is a factor.

It seems that the Acekard 2i may have some contact issues when in a DSiXL.

Slip a bit of card inbetween the AK2i and the Slot, and see if that helps.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm going to try it tomorrow.

I can't see the card not fitting being a factor, because his acekard loads up. Like he gets to the menu's and shit. But when a game is being loaded, it stops.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ShadowSoldier said:

I can't see the card not fitting being a factor, because his acekard loads up. Like he gets to the menu's and shit. But when a game is being loaded, it stops.
Yeah that sounds like what happens to my old AK2i in a DSi XL.
After slipping a piece of card in, no problem.

You can also slide the card underneath the actual contacts like so.

4U0yA.jpg

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
RupeeClock said:
ShadowSoldier said:

Yeah that sounds like what happens to my old AK2i in a DSi XL.
After slipping a piece of card in, no problem.

You can also slide the card underneath the actual contacts like so.

4U0yA.jpg
You like ripping people's images don't you? Just like you ripped my images from my icon thread on here for your Wiki page on vsrecommendedgames.

You're a [removed, OTT]

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
tk_saturn said:
You like ripping people's images don't you? Just like you ripped my images from my icon thread on here for your Wiki page on vsrecommendedgames.

You're a Prick.

Dude, DUDE.
If you had a problem with that, you could've just contacted me.
I thought you made those for sharing.

I credited you in the discussion for that wiki article but must've forgotten to credit you in the article itself, I'm sorry.

And fuck me for saving a helpful image to try and help someone else, geez.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I simply don't see why someone would download an image from thread, upload them to another server then post a link to that in another thread.

What's wrong with the original hosted image? or a link to thread itself? http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=218103#contacts

As for the Icons, there's around 50 of them and together they took a fair bit of time to do. If you upload an image to wiki, you are meant to credit the author on the upload page.

It's what I always do. http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Image:Piratshot.png.

If you want to use the icons then use them, but you should give the credit to the author which is what it actually says on the wiki site you uploaded them.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
tk_saturn said:
I simply don't see why someone would download an image from thread, upload them to another server then post a link to that in another read.

It's easy and better to either link to the original damm image, or to the thread itself http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=218103#contacts

As for the Icons, there's around 50 of them and together they took a fair bit of time to do. If you upload an image to wiki, you are meant to credit the author on the upload page.

It's what I always do.

If you want to use the icons then use them, but you should give the credit to the author which is what it actually says on the wiki site you uploaded them.
My mistake, I'm not familiar with how Wiki's work.
But you really flew off the handle there...

Edit: To be honest I really don't want to use them now, because you just rub off as really ungrateful.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This argument doesn't seem to be helping...
And I'm pretty sure that RupeeClock posted a good solution.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Is it just me or is this thread not updating on the thread list? Nevermind.

Yeah, no ill will intended at all, but tk_saturn has got me feeling really rotten now over a mistake...

I didn't even realise that paper contact trick was in his guide, I saw it posted in another thread entirely, and decided to save it.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
RupeeClock said:
Edit: To be honest I really don't want to use them now, because you just rub off as really ungrateful.
ungrateful for what? lol.

If I use someone else's images on here, I always say who's those images are. Most people do, it's forum etiquette.

Are you seriously saying if you took some photos it wouldn't bother you if someone downloaded them and reuploaded to another server then started posting that image in threads? to most people it would appear that were the other persons photos.

I've wasted a lot of time on that guide, and not for my benefit.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
tk_saturn said:
RupeeClock said:

You called me a prick who likes to steal peoples images.
Obviously I liked your images enough to use them elsewhere to try and make a helpful guide for people, but rather than try and resolve the matter of credit civilly, you immediately flame me.
You didn't seem happy at all that people liked your icons.

I would've been happy to oblige, it was an error to not credit you.

tk_saturn said:
QUOTE(RupeeClock @ Apr 25 2010, 11:05 PM)

If I use someone else's images on here, I always say who's those images are. Most people do, it's forum etiquette.

Are you seriously saying if you took some photos it wouldn't bother you if someone downloaded them and reuploaded to another server then started posting that image in threads? to most people it would appear that were the other persons photos.

I've wasted a lot of time on that guide, and not for my benefit.

I usually credit people too, but I'm not familiar with using Wikis and the etiquette escaped me.
I didn't even realise that image was in your guide (I've no reason to read it), I saw it posted elsewhere in the Acekard forum.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
RupeeClock said:
You never said you liked them, before this you've never posted any post towards me. If you had, then it wouldn't have bothered me. That thread will slip down the pages to obilivion soon enough.

but this is off topic, so should end, and yes i'm an arse but that's who I am.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
tk_saturn said:
RupeeClock said:
You never said you liked them, before this you've never posted any post towards me. If you had, then it wouldn't have bothered me. That thread will slip down the pages to obilivion soon enough.

but this is off topic, so should end.
It must've outright slipped my mind to say thanks, I'm sorry.

Seriously though, don't you think it's obvious that I must've liked them if I chose to use them? Come on...

But yeah, this is really off topic, I'm done. I won't bother using your icons for that wiki article any more.

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys? Stop being tools? Mmmkay pumpkins? Thanks.

Now, back to the THREAD DISCUSSION.

Just tried that card trick. It works better, but not the greatest yet. It still goofs up.

He just told me, that under his sticker, there are bumps. And there noticeable by eye. And I look at mine, and you can't see anything. Could he have gotten a messed up card or something?

EDIT: We think it's the card. Whenever he puts the card in his XL, it will last for like a minute, then stop working.
I will edit again when he tries it in his lite.... it might very well be his XL...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    That Dell data breach is worse than people probably realize....
    When I worked for Dell we had access to data about military contracts and addresses for high ranking people.
    I personally handled a call from the second highest person at Raytheon. That call bothered me a lot... The guy was nice and smart what bothered me was the way management basically just blew him off instead of going the extra mile to help him.
    In the end that call ended up costing Dell millions in lost contracts with Raytheon, and really the issue could have been solved for like 450 bucks lol
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    sometimes I wonder why anyone would ever buy mega man x legacy collection 2
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I always thought that capcom shuffled the games in these collection, but apparently they are all in chronological order, which makes legacy collection 2 worthless
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i want to start singing pirate metal songs and sea shanties if i play sea of thieves
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    find a pirate metal playlist
    +2
    and sing along
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    nevermind i just learned swearing is against the rules in sea of thieves

i was about to start singing the song i last put in "what song are you currently listening to" yesterday
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but yeah ig so
    swearing not allowed in a pirate game? what has the world come to
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (here's the song for context)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just add -izle to the end of every curse word, you will be fine.
    +2
    i like alestorm
    +1
    @BigOnYa too many syllables
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    same lmao
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    hi, welcome to the Temp!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Welcome to the Underground!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    the booty boogie from (once again) the donkey kong country cartoon could also be a good song to sing while playing sea of thieves
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Please insert 25 cents for an additional 30 minutes of talk time.
    +2
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tG7fk_DUz5g +1