Acekard not showing name or icon on ds menu

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by totally frustrat, Jun 8, 2011.

1. totally frustrat
    OP

totally frustrat Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 8, 2011
    Canada
    HELP!!!

Trying to load my Acekard 2i with the 1.8.7 firmware. It loaded on fine. When I put it in my dsi the card shows up on the main ds menu as a blank card. It has no name or picture icon. Whn I first got the card it did have a name and icon. It was a funny word that started with a D. I load the 1.8.7 firmware on and it worked. I then loaded the lastest 1.4.2 update on the card and it still worked and showed a picture icon on the ds menu. The name changed with the update to something chessmaster. I then started to load games. After i loaded many games (because it's an 8G card) I took it out and reinserted it in the dsi. That's when it showed no name and no icon and will not load. What happened??? Did I screw the card totally? My daughter's 10th birthday and would like to get the card fixed for her. Please help!!!!

2. Evo.lve

Evo.lve All that you could be.

Oct 11, 2010
    Away from you.
    99.99% of the time it's a contact issue.

If you have no idea what I'm talking about read...

this (that's a solution to your problem too)

[edit]
    FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKK
    KKKKKKKKK
    YOU'RE USING 1.8.7.
    That's a fake AKAIO.
    Get 1.8.6 from akaio.net
    [/edit]

3. moozer

moozer Member

Newcomer
    Sep 2, 2010
    Here..underneath the big arrow
    Huh? There's me thinking it was okay to use, considering Acekard approve and recommend the 1.8.7 version. Or did I miss something?

4. Evo.lve

Oct 11, 2010
    Away from you.
    That's you getting it from acekard.cc, the fake Acekard site.

acekard.com is the real one.

5. moozer

moozer Member

Newcomer
    Sep 2, 2010
    Here..underneath the big arrow

6. Schnida

Schnida Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 12, 2010
    Swaziland
    No, Evo.Ive just fails. You're right with the 1.8.7 update.
    Try to formate your mSD with the Panasonic Formatter tool and download the 1.8.7-Version from here:
    http://www.akaio.net

7. squall14716

squall14716 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 16, 2011
    United States
    Evo.lve, while there was a fake AKAIO 1.8.7, the latest (real) version also uses that version number.

http://www.akaio.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=964&f=8

e: And yeah, I had a similar problem right after updating my firmware on my DS Lite. I removed and reinserted it a few times and it started working again. I freaked out at first, but your card should be fine.

8. s4mid4re

s4mid4re  

Apr 2, 2011
    United States
    I suspect a brick... but I don't know because bricked ak 2i's are still readable by the dsi, but it won't load, iirc.

why don't you try reflashing your acekard 2i with the updater from www.acekard.com?

EDIT:
    My acekard 2i never did that after the update. Maybe it's due to HWID difference? Mine is 81.

9. roastable

roastable GBAtemp Regular

Apr 11, 2011
    Canada
    I had this problem a long time ago.

Looks like this doesn't it?
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

No matter how hard I asked around, nobody knew how to fix it. I apparently had a fake cart and just got a new one instead.

10. EliminatingAngel

EliminatingAngel Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 8, 2011
    Canada
    Just remove and re-insert the card over and over again, try taking out the micro sd too, that sometimes helps.

11. Evo.lve

Oct 11, 2010
    Away from you.
    I absolutely love it when people just ignore all advice in favour of going "NO BITCH YOU'RE WRONG".

Did you try the paper trick like I mentioned in my post?