Hacking Acekard not showing name or icon on ds menu

totally frustrat

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
HELP!!!

Trying to load my Acekard 2i with the 1.8.7 firmware. It loaded on fine. When I put it in my dsi the card shows up on the main ds menu as a blank card. It has no name or picture icon. Whn I first got the card it did have a name and icon. It was a funny word that started with a D. I load the 1.8.7 firmware on and it worked. I then loaded the lastest 1.4.2 update on the card and it still worked and showed a picture icon on the ds menu. The name changed with the update to something chessmaster. I then started to load games. After i loaded many games (because it's an 8G card) I took it out and reinserted it in the dsi. That's when it showed no name and no icon and will not load. What happened??? Did I screw the card totally? My daughter's 10th birthday and would like to get the card fixed for her. Please help!!!!

Evo.lve

All that you could be.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
totally frustrated said:
HELP!!!

Trying to load my Acekard 2i with the 1.8.7 firmware. It loaded on fine. When I put it in my dsi the card shows up on the main ds menu as a blank card. It has no name or picture icon. Whn I first got the card it did have a name and icon. It was a funny word that started with a D. I load the 1.8.7 firmware on and it worked. I then loaded the lastest 1.4.2 update on the card and it still worked and showed a picture icon on the ds menu. The name changed with the update to something chessmaster. I then started to load games. After i loaded many games (because it's an 8G card) I took it out and reinserted it in the dsi. That's when it showed no name and no icon and will not load. What happened??? Did I screw the card totally? My daughter's 10th birthday and would like to get the card fixed for her. Please help!!!!
99.99% of the time it's a contact issue.

If you have no idea what I'm talking about read...

this (that's a solution to your problem too)

[edit]
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKK
KKKKKKKKK
YOU'RE USING 1.8.7.
That's a fake AKAIO.
Get 1.8.6 from akaio.net
[/edit]

Evo.lve

All that you could be.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
moozer said:
Evo.lve said:
YOU'RE USING 1.8.7.
That's a fake AKAIO.
Get 1.8.6 from akaio.net

Huh? There's me thinking it was okay to use, considering Acekard approve and recommend the 1.8.7 version. Or did I miss something?
That's you getting it from acekard.cc, the fake Acekard site.

acekard.com is the real one.

moozer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Evo.lve said:
moozer said:
Evo.lve said:
YOU'RE USING 1.8.7.
That's a fake AKAIO.
Get 1.8.6 from akaio.net

Huh? There's me thinking it was okay to use, considering Acekard approve and recommend the 1.8.7 version. Or did I miss something?

That's you getting it from acekard.cc, the fake Acekard site.

acekard.com is the real one.

That's NOT me getting it from acekard.cc because it's here: Acekard downloads

So, to reiterate...

Acekard approve and recommend the 1.8.7 version. Or did I miss something?

Cuphat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Evo.lve, while there was a fake AKAIO 1.8.7, the latest (real) version also uses that version number.

http://www.akaio.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=964&f=8

e: And yeah, I had a similar problem right after updating my firmware on my DS Lite. I removed and reinserted it a few times and it started working again. I freaked out at first, but your card should be fine.

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I suspect a brick... but I don't know because bricked ak 2i's are still readable by the dsi, but it won't load, iirc.

why don't you try reflashing your acekard 2i with the updater from www.acekard.com?

EDIT:
squall14716 said:
Evo.lve, while there was a fake AKAIO 1.8.7, the latest (real) version also uses that version number.

http://www.akaio.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=964&f=8

e: And yeah, I had a similar problem right after updating my firmware on my DS Lite. I removed and reinserted it a few times and it started working again. I freaked out at first, but your card should be fine.
My acekard 2i never did that after the update. Maybe it's due to HWID difference? Mine is 81.

roastable

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I had this problem a long time ago.

Looks like this doesn't it?
DSi
24gvqeq.jpg

DS Lite
30xeez8.jpg

No matter how hard I asked around, nobody knew how to fix it. I apparently had a fake cart and just got a new one instead.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Why am I always late to the party?