DaMummy

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
im having problems connecting to wifi with all of my homebrew apps on my acekard, all the games work perfectly with wifi, its all been set up, but none of the homebrew apps want to connect....(well other than OperaDS, that one works for some reason) do i have to patch them or something?

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
im having problems connecting to wifi with all of my homebrew apps on my acekard, all the games work perfectly with wifi, its all been set up, but none of the homebrew apps want to connect....(well other than OperaDS, that one works for some reason) do i have to patch them or something?
Congrats on finally getting your RPG. You shouldn't need to patch anything. Let me try with mine. What firmware are you using?

EDIT: Wifi voice chat works fine for me. >.>
Do you have another flash cart? Try it on that. If it works on that then it is the acekard. If it doesn't work then try different settings on your router. And make sure what you are using is an UNPATCHED DLDI compatible brew. I accidentally put a GBAMP patched DLDI DSOrganise on my acekard and couldn't figure out why everything was all messed up. lol. Good luck.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
sounds like your router isn't properly configured for homebrew to work, or it may not be compatable (like the nintendo dongle)

official games connect differently, and Opera DS is an official game (well not a game, but it's a commercial rom)

check out the NDS WiFi forum section to find some more help and info.

superrab

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I had to change the channel that my wireless router broadcasted on to make it work with homebrew wifi. Try changing the broadcast channel to 10 or other channels and see if it works.

DaMummy

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ya it appears that all games work, so does opera, and dsorganise works as well, but none of the other homebrew apps will work for me, and i have to change router config from WEP Open to WEP Shared for anything to work, ill try changing the channels on it and see how that works, and im using a 2Wire router if that helps anyone give me some kind of sure answer...

superrab

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
My situation is kind of weird like that as well. All my homebrew apps work with wifi like DSAim, DSOrganize, etc. and the Opera browser but I can't get any ROMs to work with it... (tried Animal Crossing, Tetris, and some others and get 51300 and 51301 errors).

I also have a 2wire router. I would try to change it from WEP Open to WEP Shared but whenever I switch it my laptop can't connect to the router anymore...

Edit: whoops, it's probably because I forgot to change my network settings on my laptop from Open to Shared... I am awesome

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I keep my router secure by MAC filtering, and it works just as it did on my R4.
I have assigned my DS a static IP, but that was to get homebrew working.
How do you assign your DS a static IP. My brew works but I think it will be handy if I can put a static IP on it.
wink.gif

DaMummy

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
wow thanks superrap, the channel changing did the trick, most of my homebrews work now, except for the ds phone which seems to be cause the homebrew just isnt working right i get some guru error, but i only tried downloading from one location and one version, 7 and from gbatemp download section so ill try other things, but dsaim doesnt seem to be able to connect to wifi still

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
wow thanks superrap, the channel changing did the trick, most of my homebrews work now, except for the ds phone which seems to be cause the homebrew just isnt working right i get some guru error, but i only tried downloading from one location and one version, 7 and from gbatemp download section so ill try other things, but dsaim doesnt seem to be able to connect to wifi still
DSAIM is shit IMO. I have tried it over 100 times in different DSs with different flash carts and nothing. Fuck it I say.

superrab

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

DSAIM is shit IMO. I have tried it over 100 times in different DSs with different flash carts and nothing. Fuck it I say.

DaMummy: NP, it's superraB btw
smile.gif

golden: DSAIM seems to have problems with certain AIM accounts. On my accounts that have lots of buddies it doesn't load, but if I create a new AIM account with only like 5 buddies it seems to work fine. Try making a new AIM account and putting less buddies in there and see if that works.

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

DaMummy: NP, it's superraB btw
smile.gif

golden: DSAIM seems to have problems with certain AIM accounts. On my accounts that have lots of buddies it doesn't load, but if I create a new AIM account with only like 5 buddies it seems to work fine. Try making a new AIM account and putting less buddies in there and see if that works.
i only have 1 buddy on my aim account. don't know what the heck is the problem. all my wifi brew runs fine but this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo