Hacking Acekard + Games + Question = HELP NEEDED

rody2k6

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First, I want to apologize for my noobish actions of not searching first lol.

All i want to know is that if the Acekard 2i (the one compatible with DSi and DSlite) is good enough, as all I want to do is play games.

I know that updates are frequent, which means lots of support.

Basically here are the games I want to play (and multiplayer also)

MArio Kart DS
Mario 64 DS
All Zelda DS games
Pokemon Diamond / Pearl

Do those work on Acekard 2i?

I also would like to buy from the USA--I know expensive..but I need it fast.

So should I buy the Acekard, or is there a better card out there.

* I liked the Acekard mainly because of the simple instructions at http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=154624 * It seems VERY easy to get it going, and DRAG and DROP of NDS files are super easy and good.

So am I making the right decision in buying it, and should I stick with buying from USA stores, or wait 1-2 week and come from China?

THank you

L_o_N_e_R

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
yes acekard is good enough for games like those

well it depends on you where you buy it
i would personally buy it cheaper somewhere and wait up to 3 weeks to get mine
but since you want it fast get it from a us store

macgeek417

妁眼のシャナ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The AceKard 2i is one of the best cards on the market right now. You shouldn't have any problems with game compatibility, except Zelda Spirit Tracks, which might need to be patched on AKAIO, not sure about the official firmware - but pretty much everything would need Spirit Tracks to be patched as it's brand new, after a while the patch will be intigrated into the loaders. I would recommend the AceKard 2i. I would also reccomend NOT buying from china. ConsoleSource ( http://www.consolesource.com/ecomm/catalog...nit-p-2864.html ) is a good, reliable, place. I got mine from there.

smile.gif

Sharpz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The AK2 can play everything, and as you already know if you order from the US it's more expensive and if you order from China it's a lot cheaper but there's 2-3 week shipping time.

L_o_N_e_R

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
macgeek417 said:
The AceKard 2i is one of the best cards on the market right now. You shouldn't have any problems with game compatibility, except Zelda Spirit Tracks, which might need to be patched on AKAIO, not sure about the official firmware - but pretty much everything would need Spirit Tracks to be patched as it's brand new, after a while the patch will be intigrated into the loaders. I would recommend the AceKard 2i. I would also reccomend NOT buying from china. ConsoleSource ( http://www.consolesource.com/ecomm/catalog...nit-p-2864.html ) is a good, reliable, place. I got mine from there.

smile.gif

actually no

the latest AKAIO loaders doesnt need it to be patched

macgeek417

妁眼のシャナ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Aah. As I pretty much play Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time (ROM) and Castle of Magic (DSiWare) anymore, I haven't updated my loaders. Ever.

fairlyevenparents

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rody2k6 said:
First, I want to apologize for my noobish actions of not searching first lol.

All i want to know is that if the Acekard 2i (the one compatible with DSi and DSlite) is good enough, as all I want to do is play games.

I know that updates are frequent, which means lots of support.

Basically here are the games I want to play (and multiplayer also)

MArio Kart DS
Mario 64 DS
All Zelda DS games
Pokemon Diamond / Pearl

Do those work on Acekard 2i?

I also would like to buy from the USA--I know expensive..but I need it fast.

So should I buy the Acekard, or is there a better card out there.

* I liked the Acekard mainly because of the simple instructions at http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=154624 * It seems VERY easy to get it going, and DRAG and DROP of NDS files are super easy and good.

So am I making the right decision in buying it, and should I stick with buying from USA stores, or wait 1-2 week and come from China?

THank you

Yes, those games work on the acekard2i
Buy the acekard2i definitely
You are making a good decision in buying an acekard2i
If you need it in like 1-3 days and in the u.s go with:
http://www.realhotstuff.com/-c-125_102.html
one of the best u.s based sites to buy from

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
I've actually gone BACk to the AK2i - mainly because of the game compatibility (of Z:ST) so yes I agree

One thing to point out - if you didn't know already - you mention 'all Zelda DS games'.
since there's only been 2 - I'm guessing you may've meant All Zelda games (I'm a Zelda addict as well)

If you're using a DSi you won't be able to play GBA Zelda games as you need a 'slot-2' device,
& to play Gameboy/Gameboy Color Zelda games you'll need a emulator (Lameboy is the one I use)

rody2k6

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CannonFoddr said:
I've actually gone BACk to the AK2i - mainly because of the game compatibility (of Z:ST) so yes I agree

One thing to point out - if you didn't know already - you mention 'all Zelda DS games'.
since there's only been 2 - I'm guessing you may've meant All Zelda games (I'm a Zelda addict as well)

If you're using a DSi you won't be able to play GBA Zelda games as you need a 'slot-2' device,
& to play Gameboy/Gameboy Color Zelda games you'll need a emulator (Lameboy is the one I use)

I mean all Zelda games for DS -- I can't stand my GBA anymore lol

StellaCaelum5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just bought the acekard 2.1 (not for DSi) through www.realhotstuff.com. It's $20 flat-- free shipping and no state tax outside of New Jersey. Gets to you within a week (not permitting holidays). Otherwise if you want you can go to www.focalprice.com and pay only $10 and wait about 2-3wks.

As far as between the Acekard 2 (AK2) versus AK2i (DSi compatible) I would say you have to weigh your own options. If you think you might ever get a DSi then the AK2i is your only choice. If you have a DS Lite and plan on upgrading then the AK2i is also probably a good bet. The 2i isn't much more expensive than the 2, but I'm a DS Lite user and don't ever plan on upgrading because all I want to play is the roms. I don't care about the camera or online store and the screens aren't much bigger to make a difference to me. So the DS Lite is everything I need it to be. :-)

Good luck with your purchases! I've bought from both those sites and they're both completely safe and secure. They both also have pretty good customer service, as in if you email them they'll respond within a timely manner.

rody2k6

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone help me by answering this :

Which HACK of Pokemon Platinum is best?

Pokemon Perfect Platinum?
Pokemon Bloody Platinum?
Pokemon Platinum: Enhanced Edition?

Any opinion and info would be appreciated

XWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
rody2k6 said:

Pokemon Bloody Platinum?

Opinion - you are a thread hijacker!

Info - You should create your own thread for your question, it should be in the correct place and only created AFTER a search to ensure there are no others like it.

Opinion 2 - no help deserved as interrupting another poster's thread with something completely unrelated.

rody2k6

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XWolf said:
rody2k6 said:

Pokemon Bloody Platinum?

Opinion - you are a thread hijacker!

Info - You should create your own thread for your question, it should be in the correct place and only created AFTER a search to ensure there are no others like it.

Opinion 2 - no help deserved as interrupting another poster's thread with something completely unrelated.

My friend, the thread was made by me lol, I just made the post so I WOULD NOT MAKE A NEW THREAD.

XWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
I still consider it a self-hijack
tongue.gif

But making a new thread would help your cause anyway as more people will see the new query.

rody2k6

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XWolf said:
I still consider it a self-hijack
tongue.gif

But making a new thread would help your cause anyway as more people will see the new query.

Where in the forum would be the appropriate section mate

THank you

rody2k6

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I am in the process of buying my Acekard 2.1i and I would like to know, if Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story works just by "backing it up" and putting into the card and then loading or is there patching to do?

Thank you

and btw I hope this is not HIJACKING my own thread again as I am asking a question about a product on the thread title lol

rody2k6

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BoxShot said:
It should work since it was fixed by Norm a while ago. BTW its Acekard 2i not 2.1i.
tongue.gif

'backing it up' = pirate/download
biggrin.gif

FYI we don't give a damn if you do

HAHHA..lol I was afraid of saying DOWNLOAD hahhaa...well ok..then...I can't wait for it to arrive and play Pokemon Platinum and its hacks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    I stopped believing or caring about that dude when I found out about some of the more questionable nonsense he did in his life.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Like what? I didn't know or hear.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You mean like every famous person that ever existed
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I get so tired of hearing oh I liked him until...
    I just know dude was a chronic alcoholic and such.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been to his chicken restaurant he started in his 2nd movie, Holy Chicken, was pretty good. It is only 15-20 miles from me in Ohio. It only lasted 1 yr or so then closed tho.
    There are very few people I just have just an immense dislike of and he's one of those very few people, the only other example is Gene Simmons. My musician uncle on my mother's side of the family actually met Gene once during some event and said he was the most unpleasant person to be around.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I met myself once turns out that guy is a giant piece of shit that doesn't deserve any of my respect
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn alcoholics! (Sshhh- Opens another beer)
    Agreed, Ken
    I can't say I've ever tried even a sip of beer tbh-
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You met yourself also and is a giant piece of shit?
    +1
    Then again, I don't think I'd really enjoy it //shrug
    I'm sure it's an acquired taste :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Poor lad can never enjoy the amazing taste of four loko
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Root beer is a gateway drink, don't ever try it either.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, don't you love how smooth MD20 is
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Mad dog 20 20? Oh yea fixed the typo. I haven't seen that or had forever. Do they still make it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I think it's why I'm alive
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What happens if when playing Paper Mario, you start a fire in-game?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Paper Mario is a drug dealer and he is all about the paper yo lol
    +1
    Ffft
    On another note, I love how folks are drawing Callie in that suit that Splatoon NA dropped on Twitter
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: On another note, I love how folks are drawing Callie in that suit that Splatoon NA dropped on...