Hacking Acekard Advanced Internet

mnbv

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, i was just wondering if Acekard 2i users ever get to access WiFi by the advanced internet option on the dsi. If somebody answers this i will be grateful...

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The Acekard/ AKAIO support WiFi on the DSi, but in exactly the same manner as the DS Lite. If you can't do it on the DS Lite, then you can't do it on the DSi.

The only difference between the DS Lite and DSi is on the DS Lite to setup up WiFi you have to run WFC setup on a WiFi enabled game such as MarioKart, on the DSi you can do it through the menu instead.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You will have to use WEP. No flashcart can use the DSi's additional features, and this includes WPA/WPA2. It's just how it is.

Either drop back to WEP, or update manually.

Your only other option is to use a neighbours WEP connection.

Princess Rozalin

†GBAtemp Official Princess Of Roses†
Trophies
Website
z10.invisionfree.com
XP
Country
United States
tk_saturn said:
You will have to use WEP. No flashcart can use the DSi's additional features, and this includes WPA/WPA2. It's just how it is.

Either drop back to WEP, or update manually.

Your only other option is to use a neighbours WEP connection.
Thats Suckish geez anyway Thanks for answering my Question!

obito

I can have a title?! :O
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Princess Rozalin said:
Actually i was Wondering this as well i set up my connection on Advance cause i use WPA2 and i can conmnect on the Internet Browser but i cant connect to Wifi Update on AKAIO.

Wait! the DSi has WPA wifi?!

Holy shiznits!

fearofshorts

Trophies
XP
Country
obito said:
Princess Rozalin said:
Actually i was Wondering this as well i set up my connection on Advance cause i use WPA2 and i can conmnect on the Internet Browser but i cant connect to Wifi Update on AKAIO.

Wait! the DSi has WPA wifi?!

Holy shiznits!

Yeah, but it's useless outside of the browser.
It's not just flashcarts that can't access the WPA1/2 support. It's anything that runs in DS-mode.
And that means that real DS games will not work with WPA-wifi.

Kinda useless, really.

kleptodathief

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so with real games, wpa 2 works with wifi, or wifi is only WEP when your playing online genunine DS games? i hate wep, its so ancient

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
kleptodathief said:
so with real games, wpa 2 works with wifi, or wifi is only WEP when your playing online genunine DS games? i hate wep, its so ancient

You can only use WPA/ WPA2 with DSi Ware, DSi Browser, DSi Shop, DSi Enhanced games or DSi Exclusive games.

All normal retail DS carts will only be able to use WEP.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
kleptodathief said:
You're just lying to yourself if you think WPA is significantly better than WEP.
Even WPA2 isn't that much better since you can use the GPU to crack passwords considerably faster than just the CPU.
http://blogs.zdnet.com/security/?p=2419

I'm not saying "There's no point in securing your WiFi", but if someone wants in... they're getting in.
Your best bet is to obscure your internet as best as you can by turning off SSID broadcast and use MAC filtering.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
WPA/ WPA2 with a decent password which isn't in a dictionary is more secure than WEP. Why? because there is always someone else nearby with a router which is either completely open or using WEP lol.

Unless someone is specifically targetting you, they'll normally go for the weakest target.

spark1223

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tk_saturn's right. I've done extensive research in wireless security. Unless the WPA/WPA2 key is in the attacker's dictionary file, they won't be able to get it. There are other ways of cracking WPA, but they totally rely on how stupid the user is. Even with GPU helping, it took me two days to get through a wordlist that was 700 some megabytes and still didn't have my key. You're not fooling yourself if you think WPA is better. The only advancements in WPA security weakness discovered in the past years involved TKIP cracking which does not get you the PSK, just the MIC.

But back to topic. What people have said is correct, unfortunately Acekard can't run in DSi mode, so it can't help you if you have a WPA key or are doing anything that involves 802.11g (DSi has 802.11g).

I've also noticed if you're operating in place with lots of networks on the same channel, it won't see or be able to connect to any of them unless you use an advanced connection (happens with my repeater). I can't use a repeater near the damned thing.

mnbv

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
well that became a long list of questions of answers by one question, and it seemed i got what i wanted, thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: but well atleast my game tv stick can, @Psionic Roshambo