Hacking Acekard 2i working with action replay on 3ds xl 4.5.0 10 anyone want to test this?

Drgaara

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Does anyone have a 3ds action replay and an acekard 2i that can test if this actually works? I am a bit of a skeptic but I can't test it because I don't have a 3ds AR.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's been noted in other topics (cba to find links) that yes, it does indeed work, also with flash cards that did not EVER have any 3DS support (R4 Revolution for DS, for example, all the old crap).

But then you have the cart sticking way out like a PassMe. No bueno.

Edit - you'd be better suited spending your money, however, on something that DOES natively work on the 3DS, like the R4i Gold from r4ids.cn or the Supercard DSTWO.

Drgaara

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's been noted in other topics (cba to find links) that yes, it does indeed work, also with flash cards that did not EVER have any 3DS support (R4 Revolution for DS, for example, all the old crap).

But then you have the cart sticking way out like a PassMe. No bueno.

Edit - you'd be better suited spending your money, however, on something that DOES natively work on the 3DS, like the R4i Gold from r4ids.cn or the Supercard DSTWO.

Thanks and Yeah I recently upgraded to a 3ds xl from a launch ds and it came with 4.5.0 10U meaning i had to buy a new r4 and seeing as i had been looking at the dstwo for a while for snes emulation purposes well its nbd to me. As for the topic I figured the post was in the wrong forums or something wasn't really sure but I didn't see anything about this around and I know some people have the acekard and an AR so i figured I'd post it.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I'm not much one to cheat in games, but from what I have heard (Rydian mentioned it at one point, THAT much I do know, but I can't find the post/topic), as long as you have the AR you could use that to launch the flashcart. I could theoretically use one, should I get one, to boot my old iTouchDS RTS, my original R4, or my brother's now-blocked Acekard 2i.

The only downside with it is that it's plain bulky :/

Edit - yes, exactly what the video shows, which I didn't watch until now. It's a process, and as you can see it does stick out quite a bit. If you already have an older flashcart and you already have an AR 3DS, it's a cheap solution if you don't want to drop a few bones on a new card just yet, but in the long run it's still a pain in the ass. XD

Drgaara

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Sicklyboy Yeah to buy an AR solely for this its kinda pointless but if you already have one sitting around then it can hold you over until you manage to get the money for a new r4. The AR is kinda bulky but that's not all it feels like it will snap from nearly anything I don't suggest you buy one unless you plan to use it to backup game saves via sd card. @Rydian what kind of r4's are you talking about most of the r4's i see are 12-13 dollars for a single unit and a AR is about 15-20 bucks.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
@Sicklyboy Yeah to buy an AR solely for this its kinda pointless but if you already have one sitting around then it can hold you over until you manage to get the money for a new r4. The AR is kinda bulky but that's not all it feels like it will snap from nearly anything I don't suggest you buy one unless you plan to use it to backup game saves via sd card. @Rydian what kind of r4's are you talking about most of the r4's i see are 12-13 dollars for a single unit and a AR is about 15-20 bucks.
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Nintendo-3DS-Action-Replay-3DS-DSi-DS-Lite-DS-Nintendo-3DS/22254553
$25

http://www.zhuzhuchina.com/store/ds...ds_cn__3ds_4_5_compatible_wood_rev_c_rts.html
$12

As usual, I'm talking new retail units, because used prices can be all over the place.

Drgaara

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rather buy new from amazon than buy that horrendously overpriced AR from walmart. I can see why you say you can get multiple now heh.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-