Acekard 2i with akaio has been deleting my save files since I bought i

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by ccockerill, Aug 21, 2009.

1. ccockerill
    OP

Newcomer ccockerill Member

United States
    Occasionally I will go to play a game and then my save file is gone, on the card the file appears to be there but nothing comes up in game. This has happened twice with Starfy and twice with Fossil Fighters and once on two other first party games, is this something common because I've looked around and I couldn't find anyone with this specific issue. Please, any light that could be shed on this would be appreciated.

2. fedgerama

Newcomer fedgerama Advanced Member

United States
    I have an AK2.1, not AK2i, but this has been happening to me as well. Not quite sure what happened or what caused it. One time, though, after creating multiple new saves on a game, I loaded it up to find that my original save was back, but then was gone again the next time I played. Any help on this topic would be greatly appreciated.

3. Tokiopop

Member Tokiopop Caffeine fiend

United Kingdom
    You've probably messed with the settings, changed the save slot to load from, or wiped over your save.

AKAIO doesn't just go around randomly wiping save files.

4. ccockerill
    OP

United States
    I don't mean to be rude but I'm not some idiot, I haven't touched with any settings or files and I certainly couldn't have written over it. And even still what kind of setting is there that makes you lose all of you first party titles saves constantly.

5. ccockerill
    OP

United States
    Double Post

6. Tokiopop

Member Tokiopop Caffeine fiend

United Kingdom
    You're using the same hardware and software as everyone else. The only difference is you, so therefor the problem is the user.

If you've not done anything by mistake, try format your SD and download a fresh copy of AKAIO just to be sure.

7. anaxs

Member anaxs got milk, got candy

Canada
    u probebly downloaded a bad file download the firmware again and if akaio doesnt work then try the official firmware
    ive had akaio with ak2i and it has never done this

8. blakejohnson86

Newcomer blakejohnson86 Newbie

United States
    I've noticed this in particular when the name of a ROM has an apostrophe ( ' ) in it. Probably a programming error forgetting to escape an apostrophe.

9. ts.salvador

Newcomer ts.salvador Member

Brazil
    Actually I've had that problem as well. Only solution I found is to format the card with the panasonic tool and constantly backup the saves. Sometimes it appears as the microsd file system "corrupts" itself.

10. lucifon

Newcomer lucifon Member

United Kingdom
    I've also encountered this where I lost the save for just 1 game, my others were fine but a game I had been playing for quite a good few hours had its save wiped. I also did not mess with any settings.

Just because you personally havn't had a bug doesn't mean that it doesn't exist or that the user is to blame, said bug could also be a rare one too.

11. dib

Member dib GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Could be related to the save type. It works like this:

Press Y to check the details on a highlighted rom. If it says the save type is unknown, then it has to detect this next time you run the game. Whatever save file you have won't be loaded, and when you exit/restart the DS it's going to dump the new data over your old, in effect deleting it.

Save file data is stored in those savelist files. If these get deleted or overwritten perhaps when changing versions, then you'll need to backup your saves before launching the game again. That's one possible scenario. Those of you experiencing it need to be the ones experimenting and report something more specific like reproducible circumstances.

12. Pfft

Newcomer Pfft Newbie

Australia
    ...mine were just wiped 20 minutes ago, weird how GTA, pokemon SS/HG, mini ninjas, FFCC echoes of time and prof layton 2 are wiped but scribble naughts, drawn to life 2 and kingdom hearts 2 werent wiped...ive also had the same thing happen on the R4...and the same game (GTA) was wiped (different micro sd cards)...maybe its a backup backup anti piracy thing...

13. RhiGhost

Member RhiGhost GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    This has happened to me also, I've been using the latest AKAIO since it was released and I've noticed my games saves aren't coming up in game, but are on my SD card.
    Scribblenauts, Peggle, New Super Mario Bros., all do it and there are a few more games.
    Is there anyway to deter this?
    And yes I have reformatted my card with panasonic.

14. jak larnak

Member jak larnak GBAtemp Regular

France
    Found that in the AKAIO Wiki

15. Frogman

Member Frogman This could be you!

Australia

also make sure that the sav slot is the same one that corrospnds to ur sav file because sometimes it can randomly change

16. jmckutchin

Member jmckutchin GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I just started a new post about this because I thought I was the only one experiencing it. What SD card are you guys using?

17. bach3609

Member bach3609 GBAtemp Fan

Vietnam
    And are you guys actually sure if the SAV files are still in the micro sd? Otherwise the title is a bit misleading. o.o

18. jmckutchin

Member jmckutchin GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Yes. We are sure.