AceKard 2i White screens on boot!

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by kaosnw, Apr 16, 2011.

Apr 16, 2011
  1. kaosnw
    OP

Newcomer kaosnw Newbie

United Kingdom
    Hi, I have just received my acekard2i and followed the guide to set it up with the 1.8.6 (Formatting my 4gb SDHC micro SD with the Phillips tool first)

it boots fine, but when I turn the DS Liteon it says some "Chinese writing" followed by "DORASU" where the name of a DS game should be. When I click it the akAIO loader loads up, but if I click any game (tried many such as prof. layton, sonic colours, yoshis island, cooking mumma 3) it says loading and then freezes with a dual white screen!

I have read alot of threads and tried disabling anti piracy, cheats and soft reset and the issue still persists. Can anyone help pleaseeeeeeeeeee!

e2a - I have just tried a differnt SD card (one out of a friends R4 card that works perfectly) and I have the same issue!

Forgot to add, the games on the SD card dont show up with icons. Instead they have a picture of a grey DS next to their names

2. kaosnw
    OP

Newcomer kaosnw Newbie

United Kingdom
    ok, I just tried again with my friends sandisk 2gb from his r4.

I formatted it using the tool, copied over the files and a few games, now when I boot it 1 game (The professors brain trainer memory) shows up with a icon next to it and boots fine!

But the other games I have on the card still have the grey icon and wont boot! [​IMG]

3. Zorua

Zorua Newbie

Have you tried using 1.8.6a? Also, did you choose the full format option when you formatted it using SD Formatter?

4. kaosnw
    OP

Newcomer kaosnw Newbie

United Kingdom
    Hi sorry I meant to say I am using 1.8.6a! also I did but after a full format, I put the files back on the card and then akAIO wouldnt boot and said system file missing! - A quick format sorted it out

also
    e2a - I added more games to the 2gb card from my friends R4, and some are working! but others arent,
    Cooking mama 2 - Dinner with friends - Has an icon but wont boot
    cooking mama 3 - no icon, no boot
    Art Acadamy (EU) - has icon and boots!
    professor layton and the unwound future - no icon no boot
    professot layton and the lost future (EU) - has icon and boots!
    sonic colours (EU) - no icon, no boot
    Cooking mama world - hobbies and fun (EU) - has icon and boots!
    mario vs donkey kong - no icon, no boot
    Yoshi's island - no icon, no boot!

anyone have any idea what the hell is going on??

5. TheApatheticOne

Newcomer TheApatheticOne Member

United States
    Did you (or anybody else) find a solution to this? This is the second card Ive set up. This one says "DSi(XL) & 3DS Compatible" on the front, whereas mine just says DSi Compatible (but works just fine on my DSiXL. Ive tried different firmware, loaders, etc. My cart boots everything 100%, whereas the new cart boots 90% to white screens and 10% to just past that into the game, but it locks up. Up to booting the game up, the cart is reconized, everything shows up, everything seems fine, its the launching of games thats the problem.

The first time, took me 20 minutes, second time (helping a buddy set his up) took maybe 5 minutes to set up, on this one, I spent almost an hour and a half, and it stills not working. Bad card or am I missing something?

6. kaosnw
    OP

Newcomer kaosnw Newbie

United Kingdom
    yea mine turned out to be a bad (Fake) SD Card!