Acekard 2i v1.4 Fix not working

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Daelith, Feb 20, 2010.

1. Daelith
    OP

Daelith Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 20, 2010
    Canada
    I recently ordered a pair of Acekard 2i's. One for me, and one for a friend. The order was placed from electro-deal.com, which is listed as an official supplier. They came in yesterday, and I'm already off to a "fun" start. After discovering that they would not work on the DSi version 1.4, which I had updated to well before acquiring this chip, I was already looking for a cure to my problem. I found all the past topics on it, and after attempting to patch my Acekard, I ran into a problem. Nothing happens. I press start in order to get the update going, and it just sits there. I left it running plugged in all day while I was at school, and nothing happened. It sat at 0% all day, and I tried it on multiple DS Phat's and DS Lites, each time getting the same result.

I suppose I could order another one, if I really need to, but I'd first like to know if this problem is at all fixable. If it's not fixable, I'd like to know a better place to get it, that will actually allow it to work, once I have it.

2. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    I've read that the updater doesn't run properly on the latest firmware, try an older official one.

3. Daelith
    OP

Daelith Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 20, 2010
    Canada
    Is there a particular version that you suggest?

4. doyama

doyama GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 30, 2006
    United States
    Which update are you running? You should be using the "ak2ifw_update_14_DSL.nds" file for the update on a DS Lite.

5. tk_saturn

tk_saturn GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 26, 2010
  6. doyama

doyama GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 30, 2006
    United States
  7. tk_saturn

tk_saturn GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 26, 2010
    and buddy, you were an idiot for buying from electro-deal.com, why? because they ship from Hong Kong and don't allow for exchanges/ refunds if the product is faulty.

If you are going to buy it from HK, there are much cheaper places to buy from. $22.95 + $4.95 shipping is a massively inflated price to play for a AK2i from HK. Even DX/ FP will exchange/ refund if the item is faulty. Mine were $12.97 delivered.

8. Daelith
    OP

Daelith Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 20, 2010
    Canada
    Thanks Saturn, that got it working, and yeah, I realized after I ordered it that it was probably stupid, but I didn't care a whole lot, cause there was no duty, which tends to happen to me whenever I order something to Canada. They both work, so I don't really care anymore either.

One last thing, I'm not your buddy, guy.

9. zhuzhuchina

zhuzhuchina GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 17, 2008
    Switzerland
    Shanghai
    peace & love [​IMG]