Acekard 2i v1.4 Fix not working

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Daelith, Feb 20, 2010.

Feb 20, 2010

Acekard 2i v1.4 Fix not working by Daelith at 1:58 AM (1,665 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. Daelith
    OP

Newcomer Daelith Newbie

Canada
    I recently ordered a pair of Acekard 2i's. One for me, and one for a friend. The order was placed from electro-deal.com, which is listed as an official supplier. They came in yesterday, and I'm already off to a "fun" start. After discovering that they would not work on the DSi version 1.4, which I had updated to well before acquiring this chip, I was already looking for a cure to my problem. I found all the past topics on it, and after attempting to patch my Acekard, I ran into a problem. Nothing happens. I press start in order to get the update going, and it just sits there. I left it running plugged in all day while I was at school, and nothing happened. It sat at 0% all day, and I tried it on multiple DS Phat's and DS Lites, each time getting the same result.

I suppose I could order another one, if I really need to, but I'd first like to know if this problem is at all fixable. If it's not fixable, I'd like to know a better place to get it, that will actually allow it to work, once I have it.

2. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    I've read that the updater doesn't run properly on the latest firmware, try an older official one.

3. Daelith
    OP

Newcomer Daelith Newbie

Canada
    Is there a particular version that you suggest?

4. doyama

Member doyama GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Which update are you running? You should be using the "ak2ifw_update_14_DSL.nds" file for the update on a DS Lite.

5. tk_saturn

Member tk_saturn GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
  6. doyama

Member doyama GBAtemp Maniac

United States
  7. tk_saturn

Member tk_saturn GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    and buddy, you were an idiot for buying from electro-deal.com, why? because they ship from Hong Kong and don't allow for exchanges/ refunds if the product is faulty.

If you are going to buy it from HK, there are much cheaper places to buy from. $22.95 + $4.95 shipping is a massively inflated price to play for a AK2i from HK. Even DX/ FP will exchange/ refund if the item is faulty. Mine were $12.97 delivered.

8. Daelith
    OP

Newcomer Daelith Newbie

Canada
    Thanks Saturn, that got it working, and yeah, I realized after I ordered it that it was probably stupid, but I didn't care a whole lot, cause there was no duty, which tends to happen to me whenever I order something to Canada. They both work, so I don't really care anymore either.

One last thing, I'm not your buddy, guy.

9. zhuzhuchina

Member zhuzhuchina GBAtemp Advanced Fan

China
    peace & love [​IMG]