Hacking Acekard 2i Update with DS Phat Help!

TTHTT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update: I'd be very careful when purchasing from Real Hot Stuff for a little bit. When I informed them of this, they seemed very surprised and unaware. Meaning there's probably more clones floating around in their warehouse.

Todderbert

Korg Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TTHTT said:
CAP99 said:
Could it be that it's an acekard 2 with an acekard 2i sticker...
Possibly, although I got it from a site that acekard claims is reliable. The only real way to know is to find out what HWIDs acekard 2s have and if 80 is among them.

EDIT: After looking up what kind of cards have HWID 80, it seems that there are a few people with Acekard 2.1's with this HWID. They also seem to be having problems with them (that I have not personally experienced yet...) So then are the 2i's 2.1's or vice versa??

DOUBLE EDIT: http://www.acekard.com/news.php#79
I suggest thumbing over the front of your cart. You might get an unpleasant surprise like I did.
frown.gif

My Acekard 2.1 is a HW:80 and runs AKAIO 1.5 perfectly. It will not run on a DSi of course. It also does not have a bump(Actel) under the front sticker. From what it looks like to me is that you got a 2.1 in a 2i shell/sticker.

TTHTT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Todderbert said:
TTHTT said:
CAP99 said:
Could it be that it's an acekard 2 with an acekard 2i sticker...
Possibly, although I got it from a site that acekard claims is reliable. The only real way to know is to find out what HWIDs acekard 2s have and if 80 is among them.

EDIT: After looking up what kind of cards have HWID 80, it seems that there are a few people with Acekard 2.1's with this HWID. They also seem to be having problems with them (that I have not personally experienced yet...) So then are the 2i's 2.1's or vice versa??

DOUBLE EDIT: http://www.acekard.com/news.php#79
I suggest thumbing over the front of your cart. You might get an unpleasant surprise like I did.
frown.gif

My Acekard 2.1 is a HW:80 and runs AKAIO 1.5 perfectly. It will not run on a DSi of course. It also does not have a bump(Actel) under the front sticker. From what it looks like to me is that you got a 2.1 in a 2i shell/sticker.
But if your Acekard 2.1 doesn't have the Actel chip, wouldn't that mean that mine is still a clone (at least according to Acekard themselves)?

EDIT: For the record... what does the icon for an Acekard 2i and Acekard 2.1 say when shown on a DS/lite screen?

TTHTT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dialexio said:
The icon is a white 2 in the background, and a blue "ak" in front of it.

iconak2i.jpg
For both an A2ki and A2.1? Also what is the description for both? Meaning, would the DS menu say just "Acekard 2", or "Acekard 2.1" and "Acekard 2i"

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for not putting more info for that.

That's the icon that shows on my Acekard 2i. The adjacent text says:
QUOTE said:
Acekard 2i
www.acekard.com

I would suspect that the only difference for an Acekard 2.1 would be the text saying "2.1" instead of "2i".

TTHTT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dialexio said:
Sorry for not putting more info for that.

That's the icon that shows on my Acekard 2i. The adjacent text says:
QUOTE said:
Acekard 2i
www.acekard.com
This is an interesting turn. It seems that what I have is at the very least NOT an Acekard 2i.

EDIT - I'll elaborate: When I insert my card into my DS phat, it reads "Acekard 2" rather than 2i.

realhotstuff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For those who purchased the AK2i from us and had doubts if they were clones. Here is the story we heard from our supplier.

First of all, there is no way to purchase the Acekards directly from them. We have to go through the suppliers in China to get them. However, we were able to contact them directly before, but not lately.

Our supplier told us that there are some internal problems inside Acekard. It seems like the partners in Acekard broke up. Some guys left the team and started their own production (using the Actel chip) from the same facilities. The original group produced the original ones (without Actel) from other facilities (or same ones). The people who remain and produce the original Acekard posted the page telling people the Actel ones are clones. However, the AK2i they produced had issues with updating the firmware to 1.4. The one with Actel chip (already 1.4 compatible) actually worked fine.

When we first got the Actel ones, we actually asked the supplier if they were authentic. They assured us those were authentic. We have used the same supplier for years to get the Acekards. We also emailed Acekard with pictures of these AK2i, but never heard from them. We tested those with official Acekard 2i firmware as well as AKAIO. Both versions worked fine on them. So, we had no choice but to trust them. At that time, this was the only version that worked.

We do believe these are authentic. However, without hearing anything back from Acekard, we have no way of confirming it. We are still trying to contact Acekard but without any success.

Our supplier in China has been able to find some Acekards with the original design (without Actel). They will send some of them to us next week. For those of you bought the Actel AK2i from us and would like to exchange them, we can certainly do that for you when we have them in stock.

Acekard has been slow in responding to any inquires in the past and they totally ignored our email lately. We are sorry that we were not able to solve the issue so quickly as we like to. But, this is the only solution that we can come up with for now.

Sales at RHS

Matthew

Trophies
XP
Country
I heard that some of these may be able to be updated with a R4 1.4 updater. However I cannot find the article. Your going to have to google it.

realhotstuff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Actel ones we got were with HWID of 80. They came with 1.4 updated. There is no need to update it. Most of them worked just fine only few of them had problem.

We heard the ones you can get from DealExtreme came with HWID of 8181. Some people claimed those were fake. But we do not know for sure unless Acekard comes out to clear those things out. However, I doubt Acekard will admit that they have internal issues.

OinkDS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dark^'^Knight said:
A few points/questions:
Given OP has same issue as you, have you sent him/her a PM to see if anything worked to update the AK2i?
BTW, you haven't told as anything about your setup...ie. using AKAIO 1.5.1 and does it work on your DSL/Phat, or using official AK firmware. Does the AK2i work properly in the DSL/Phat? What firmware is your DSi running?
Finally, have you tried the AK2i in your DSi, as maybe the cart was sold pre-updated and, therefore does not require updating?

Sorry, I haven't been checked this thread for a while:

Here are the specifics:
I perform the firmware update using a DS Lite, using fresh "Panansonic formatter" formatted Kingston microSD 2G card. I am running AKAIO 1.5.1. The Acekard and the microSD card work find on a DS Lite.

I have prevously updated 3 identical Acekard 2i's successfully but they were HW:81. This is the first and only 1 I got from Gamersection (for a friend in need urgently). I have initially thought the cards were pre-updated but Gamersection is quite vague about its compatibility with FW1.4, claiming I would need to run a updater on their cards, leading me to believe this is NOT pre-updated. Unfortunately I will have to wait another day for a DSi to test this. I am advising the buyer of this card to return this and ask for a refund.

Thanks again for all who answered.

Oh, I have also tried the R4i updater without success.

Will report back ASAP, if they are indeed pre-updated. Right now HW:8080 is to be stayed away from.

YeOldeGamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was about 3 minutes from ordering a 3in1 and AK2i from RealHotStuff. I guess I should try to find a different supplier. I don't need any extra problems in my life, lol.

OinkDS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YeOldeGamer said:
I was about 3 minutes from ordering a 3in1 and AK2i from RealHotStuff. I guess I should try to find a different supplier. I don't need any extra problems in my life, lol.

I feel the same way now, after years of 'Flash cart administration' for my son and his friends, starting with a R4. I am now advising against buying DSi, and AK2i, at least until this issue is resolved. I have just ordered a iEdge, since my original Edge DS cart (a CycloDS clone, I was told) has never had any issues. Eventhough it is not quite as feature-rich as AK2 with AKAIO OS

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
OinkDS said:
YeOldeGamer said:

I feel the same way now, after years of 'Flash cart administration' for my son and his friends, starting with a R4. I am now advising against buying DSi, and AK2i, at least until this issue is resolved. I have just ordered a iEdge, since my original Edge DS cart (a CycloDS clone, I was told) has never had any issues. Eventhough it is not quite as feature-rich as AK2 with AKAIO OS

But have you seen all the problem posts in the edge forum? I would hold off buying one atleast until the 3rd or 4th batch ship so they can iron about any problems on their initial production runs.

OinkDS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tk_saturn said:
But have you seen all the problem posts in the edge forum? I would hold off buying one atleast until the 3rd or 4th batch ship so they can iron about any problems on their initial production runs.

Heading over there right now... Thanks

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
OinkDS said:
I perform the firmware update using a DS Lite, using fresh "Panansonic formatter" formatted Kingston microSD 2G card. I am running AKAIO 1.5.1. The Acekard and the microSD card work find on a DS Lite.

I have prevously updated 3 identical Acekard 2i's successfully but they were HW:81. This is the first and only 1 I got from Gamersection (for a friend in need urgently). I have initially thought the cards were pre-updated but Gamersection is quite vague about its compatibility with FW1.4, claiming I would need to run a updater on their cards, leading me to believe this is NOT pre-updated. Unfortunately I will have to wait another day for a DSi to test this. I am advising the buyer of this card to return this and ask for a refund.

Oh, I have also tried the R4i updater without success.

Will report back ASAP, if they are indeed pre-updated. Right now HW:8080 is to be stayed away from.
Have you tried the 'new' AK2i 1.4 Update Fix yet? Link - http://www.mediafire.com/?n4nm0i5dmtm Give it a run and see how it goes
wink.gif

Note: Thanks to Normatt for locating the file and posting it on this forum 28 Jan.

OinkDS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dark^'^Knight said:
Have you tried the 'new' AK2i 1.4 Update Fix yet? Link - http://www.mediafire.com/?n4nm0i5dmtm Give it a run and see how it goes
wink.gif

Note: Thanks to Normatt for locating the file and posting it on this forum 28 Jan.

Gave the AK2i away to be permenently used on a DS Lite. Sorry, couldn't report on the 28 Jan updater. Your assistance much appreciated, Dark^'^Knight

hackotedelaplaqu

Trophies
Website
wiibrew.org
XP
Country
France
Hi mens.

I just bought an acekard2i.
I don't have (yet) a DSi but my linker is like this one :
Chip ID : 0fc2 HW : 8080.
Updae process doesn't even start.
In NDS OS on DS PHAT I can see under the icon "Acekard 2", not "Acekard 2i".

Does that mean my acekard is already 1.4 ready ?
Or is it a fake card and I were screwed ?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hackotedelaplaque said:
Hi mens.

I just bought an acekard2i.
I don't have (yet) a DSi but my linker is like this one :
Chip ID : 0fc2 HW : 8080.
Updae process doesn't even start.
In NDS OS on DS PHAT I can see under the icon "Acekard 2", not "Acekard 2i".

Does that mean my acekard is already 1.4 ready ?
Or is it a fake card and I were screwed ?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

That's a recent clone. Acekard 2i's are 8181 or 4444.

Some of these clones come enabled for 1.4, some don't and may not work on the DSi at all. It's pot luck.

Where did you get it from?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: :lol: