Hacking Acekard 2i Update with DS Phat Help!

TTHTT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, really sorry if there are a hundred threads like this but the board wasn't letting me search. I got my Acekard 2i recently in the mail, and knowing that I already updated my DSi to 1.4, I realized I'd have to use another DS to update the card. So the only other DS I have is my old fat DS. I read through the instructions in the main topic about this and tried doing exactly what it said.

First I tried using the update file with the "L" at the end (ak2ifw_update_14_DSL.nds), and it boots up to saying "Before update, please eject the cardand insert it again. Press B to continue."
Ok, so I did exactly that. Nothing ever happened. I tried doing it without ejecting the card; nothing happened. I tried ejecting the card, taking out my MicroSD, then putting it back in, and that didn't do anything either.

So then I tried the next file, the one that ends in "i" (ak2ifw_update_14_DSi.nds). When I use that one, I get:
AK2i FIRMWARE UPDATE(14)
CHIP ID:0fc2 HW:8080
This catridge can't be updated.

Am I doing something wrong? Can you not update with this old of a DS? Do I have a fake card?

Halp.

penthaler

Trophies
XP
Country
Download AKAIO 1.5.1 and put it in the card. If it is fake, the system will not start.
I was updating many cards (on NDS Lite) and CHIP ID got same, but HW was each time 8181...

BTW. Dont update FAKE card - if it really is fake...

TTHTT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
penthaler said:
Download AKAIO 1.5.1 and put it in the card. If it is fake, the system will not start.
I was updating many cards (on NDS Lite) and CHIP ID got same, but HW was each time 8181...

BTW. Dont update FAKE card - if it really is fake...
Thank you for the reply! I thought I was getting ignored.

I put AKAIO on it and it starts up, although a little slow. Anymore ideas, since it's not fake? Isn't there a way to change my HW? It's the only thing stopping me from upgrading.

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
reformat SD cqard with panasonic+get the latest loader,that should get speed improvements.also HW is hardware,so you can't change it :facepalm:

TTHTT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lolzed said:
reformat SD cqard with panasonic+get the latest loader,that should get speed improvements.also HW is hardware,so you can't change it :facepalm:
I just reformatted my card before I put it on it. And I understand what it means but it's the fact that it's those digits that are stopping the update file from working. This is obviously a normal, real card besides that one number, so there must be something that can be done about it.

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well, I'd hate to tell you that my recently purchased AK2i has HW 8181 and I couldn't use the AK DSi 1.4 update file (it wouldn't progress past 0%). Thanks to another thread in this section, I was linked to the R4i FW update file and it worked on my AK2i.
Happily now using it on my DSi with AKAIO 1.5.1

TTHTT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dark^'^Knight said:
Well, I'd hate to tell you that my recently purchased AK2i has HW 8181 and I couldn't use the AK DSi 1.4 update file (it wouldn't progress past 0%). Thanks to another thread in this section, I was linked to the R4i FW update file and it worked on my AK2i.
Happily now using it on my DSi with AKAIO 1.5.1
I've seen you link to that in other threads. I tried it. I get the same exact error.

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sorry to hear that. I'm feeling your frustration buddy!

edit: just a second thought..I was reading in my quest to find the answer to my problem, that people were reporting problems using Phats to implement the upgrade. Maybe get your hands on a DSL and try the AK2i FW Update file on it.

TTHTT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dark^'^Knight said:
Sorry to hear that. I'm feeling your frustration buddy!

edit: just a second thought..I was reading in my quest to find the answer to my problem, that people were reporting problems using Phats to implement the upgrade. Maybe get your hands on a DSL and try the AK2i FW Update file on it.
I'll try that, thank you, but were they getting the same kind of error that I am?

OinkDS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Experiencing same issue as TTHTT. Acekard 2i from Gamersection

HW:8080
Using "ak2ifw_update_14_DSL.nds" on a DSLite
"This catridge can't be updated" (Spelling!)

Following Dark^'^Knight's advice
using "r4ifw_update_14_DSi.nds" on a DSLite
"This catridge can't be updated" (Spelling!)

I think 8080 is a new batch of fake/clone Acekard 2i. Anything else to try?

Thanks in advance
hate2.gif

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
A few points/questions:
Given OP has same issue as you, have you sent him/her a PM to see if anything worked to update the AK2i?
BTW, you haven't told as anything about your setup...ie. using AKAIO 1.5.1 and does it work on your DSL/Phat, or using official AK firmware. Does the AK2i work properly in the DSL/Phat? What firmware is your DSi running?
Finally, have you tried the AK2i in your DSi, as maybe the cart was sold pre-updated and, therefore does not require updating?

TTHTT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dark^'^Knight said:
A few points/questions:
Given OP has same issue as you, have you sent him/her a PM to see if anything worked to update the AK2i?
Wouldn't really have helped, since I'm still in the dark about how to make this work. I've been researching it thoroughly as possible on the internet and can only find about 4 other instances in which people have the same HWID and problems, but none of them are in English or have a solution. I even tried e-mailing the acekard manufacturer and they have sent me NOTHING back. It was weeks ago.

Such a shady business these flash carts are.
frown.gif

TTHTT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rody2k6 said:
What is this HW you talking about
If you read through the topic you'll notice that the two of us experiencing this problem both have HW(ID):8080. All signs point to the fact that it is a real card, such has AKAIO working on it and it actually playing games on other systems, however the bootloader update file doesn't work on it because "80" is not recognized as a real acekard.

This brings me to an interesting question, actually. Is there a way to edit the update file to not discriminate against the HWID 80(80)? If it thought it was a "real" card, then would it not update normally?

TTHTT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CAP99 said:
Could it be that it's an acekard 2 with an acekard 2i sticker...
Possibly, although I got it from a site that acekard claims is reliable. The only real way to know is to find out what HWIDs acekard 2s have and if 80 is among them.

EDIT: After looking up what kind of cards have HWID 80, it seems that there are a few people with Acekard 2.1's with this HWID. They also seem to be having problems with them (that I have not personally experienced yet...) So then are the 2i's 2.1's or vice versa??

DOUBLE EDIT: http://www.acekard.com/news.php#79
I suggest thumbing over the front of your cart. You might get an unpleasant surprise like I did.
frown.gif

Xoo00o0o0o

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TTHTT said:
CAP99 said:
Could it be that it's an acekard 2 with an acekard 2i sticker...
Possibly, although I got it from a site that acekard claims is reliable. The only real way to know is to find out what HWIDs acekard 2s have and if 80 is among them.

EDIT: After looking up what kind of cards have HWID 80, it seems that there are a few people with Acekard 2.1's with this HWID. They also seem to be having problems with them (that I have not personally experienced yet...) So then are the 2i's 2.1's or vice versa??

DOUBLE EDIT: http://www.acekard.com/news.php#79
I suggest thumbing over the front of your cart. You might get an unpleasant surprise like I did.
frown.gif

I'm sorry for you. Maybe try getting a m3 i zero or a Supercard ds one i or another real AK

TTHTT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CAP99 said:
I'm sorry for you. Maybe try getting a m3 i zero or a Supercard ds one i or another real AK
Thank you, I actually just sent an email to the place I got it from (Real Hot Stuff). They seem to be pretty keen on refunds and exchanges according to their FAQ on their site, so I'll hopefully be able to get one of those.

rody2k6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TTHTT said:
CAP99 said:
Thank you, I actually just sent an email to the place I got it from (Real Hot Stuff). They seem to be pretty keen on refunds and exchanges according to their FAQ on their site, so I'll hopefully be able to get one of those.

My Ak 2i is getting to me on THursday from Real Hot Stuff, they already come with 1.4 installed, I don't know if I just drop my ROMS and start playing or do the AKIO thing

BTW - I found it weird cuz they say 1.4 comes (or at least compatible) but no Micro SDHC comes with it lol

Todderbert

Korg Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rody2k6 said:
TTHTT said:
CAP99 said:

My Ak 2i is getting to me on THursday from Real Hot Stuff, they already come with 1.4 installed, I don't know if I just drop my ROMS and start playing or do the AKIO thing

BTW - I found it weird cuz they say 1.4 comes (or at least compatible) but no Micro SDHC comes with it lol
Shouldn't be weird. They update the bootloader with the DSL update file. So they can hotflash hundreds of cards without needing to load them up with SDs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM