Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
They alread had...USD$30 on pre-order. I missed it too
sad.gif

I don't think we're going to see that pricing anywhere anytime real soon.

BTW, anyone know if the free shipping through these guys means you don't actually get the little (crappy) AK2i cardboard box they usually come in? I'm ordering as a gift, so the box provided would be handier. Note: DX posted my AK2i within its box under free shipping.

jak larnak

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Dark^'^Knight said:
BTW, anyone know if the free shipping through these guys means you don't actually get the little (crappy) AK2i cardboard box they usually come in? I'm ordering as a gift, so the box provided would be handier. Note: DX posted my AK2i within its box under free shipping.
I used free shipping service and receive it in its box so don't worry for your gift.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Dark^'^Knight said:
They alread had...USD$30 on pre-order. I missed it too
sad.gif

I don't think we're going to see that pricing anywhere anytime real soon.

The box is fairly tiny... this is what mine came in:

picture26r.jpg

Schizoanalysis

From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Order one at a time?

Crap... The first time I was able to order 10x AK2i with the coupon... why has this been removed?
I can't be bothered ordering one at a time and getting 10x parcels delivered to my place... I'd rather have all 10 in the one parcel...

Well... it's back to my old supplier, I guess... unless this coupon thing can be sorted out...?

I guess Shoptemp doesn't want large orders...

geokilla

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Schizoanalysis said:
Order one at a time?

Crap... The first time I was able to order 10x AK2i with the coupon... why has this been removed?
I can't be bothered ordering one at a time and getting 10x parcels delivered to my place... I'd rather have all 10 in the one parcel...

Well... it's back to my old supplier, I guess... unless this coupon thing can be sorted out...?

I guess Shoptemp doesn't want large orders...
Same thing happened to me. 10X = coupon becomes useless. The bulk pricing that they gave wasn't good. In the end I ended up making 6 separate orders...

Schizoanalysis

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'd like to know why the changed this feature...

I mean, they still make money from bulk orders with coupons... I would have thought that it would be cheaper for them to pack one parcel of 10 pieces rather than 10 parcels of 1 piece each... I mean, what a waste of packaging, labor, and extra postage costs!

If we could hear back from Costello or someone else why it was removed, and if they will be planning to reinstate it, that would be great.

I'd love to order from Shoptemp again, but they do have to be competitive (price-wise) for me to do so...

Spikey

Your Special Someone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Schizoanalysis said:
I'd like to know why the changed this feature...

I mean, they still make money from bulk orders with coupons... I would have thought that it would be cheaper for them to pack one parcel of 10 pieces rather than 10 parcels of 1 piece each... I mean, what a waste of packaging, labor, and extra postage costs!

If we could hear back from Costello or someone else why it was removed, and if they will be planning to reinstate it, that would be great.

I'd love to order from Shoptemp again, but they do have to be competitive (price-wise) for me to do so...
Even without the coupon the price is extremely competitive, so I really have no idea what you're complaining about.

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
they make absolutely no money off Acekard 2i orders with the $5 coupon, that's why the bug was fixed.
a coupon is intended for 1 use only. Why are they offering the coupon if they arent making any money? because they're hoping that customers may add other products in their cart when ordering, and also as a reward to GBAtemp members. But it's definitely not meant for bulk orders or for people who want to buy carts to resell the at a higher price.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Spikey said:
Even without the coupon the price is extremely competitive, so I really have no idea what you're complaining about.
It's probably because he's looking to sell them on to make a profit. In which case a $ here and there can make a big difference.

ShopTemp have two websites. ShopTemp.net and Shopnet.com websites. I'd split them and have the coupons solely for the com website. Then have bulk order rates on the net website, with the bulk rates dropping to the point where people like the bangingrabbit can order x10 for a similar price per unit as they could with the coupon, or atleast the same price 0ShippingZone offer for x10 ($12 each). This would stop people buying elsewhere.

Personally i'd be fine with ordering them indivually... you get more bubble bags.

Schizoanalysis

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
With the coupon, AK2i is $11 or so.
DX sold AK2i for $11 or so (in bulkrate/lots of 10)

I assume DX made a profit selling 10x AK2i for $11 each... So, logically, Shoptemp would too...

I'd even be happy to pay $12 each (bulkrate)... but for more than that, unfortunately it's cheaper to go elsewhere...

Edit-

Sorry -- I don't mean to seem narky... but it does all add up...

geminis076

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ahh! I missed it by a day
dry.gif
. Shopping for a friend who just upgraded to a DSi so this $5.00 off would have been nice, I just found out about it, didn't even know this was going on. It was nice of them to have extended it, I was "this" close! Well the regular price isn't too bad, but the $11 price is way better!

canderousa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I contacted the Shoptemp staff and they told me the previous coupon code had an unintended glitch. It allowed buyers receive multiple discounts on multiple AK2i cards. ie: 10x AK2i = $50 off

So apparently this was a mistake and will never happen again
frown.gif

hashcookie

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you buy 1000 AK2i you get each for $1,40

So yea they DO make a good income dunno why they are getting greedy now probably the 15000$ month in ads isnt enuff for gbatemp staff anymore

geokilla

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't get how they don't make money even with the coupon applied. As someone else said, 0shippingzone charges $12.50 each for buying 10+ and $12 for buying 50+

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know, looking at their shipping...their shipping would take forever...what's the amount of time between everyone's shipping here? I'd like to know before I buy from there. I'm not waiting 2-5 weeks...that's rather ridiculous, even if it's from Hong Kong...

Sirius389

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
shinkukage09 said:
You know, looking at their shipping...their shipping would take forever...what's the amount of time between everyone's shipping here? I'd like to know before I buy from there. I'm not waiting 2-5 weeks...that's rather ridiculous, even if it's from Hong Kong...

For me: Order Date: 24th Apr 2010
Ship Date: 26th Apr 2010
Arrived: April 29th 2010 via UPS

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying