Acekard 2i Startup Problem

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by SuperCrazy, Sep 4, 2010.

Sep 4, 2010
  1. SuperCrazy
    OP

Newcomer SuperCrazy Newbie

United States
    I recent;y brought my Acekard 2i, and at the time I got it, it worked perfectly on my friend's DSi. When I got to use it on my DS Lite, it still worked fine. However, once I upgraded the firmware to 1.4, this started randomly happening:

[​IMG]

It just started happening occasionally. Soon, it kept happening over and over again. I really don't know what went wrong here, but if there's no fix, I'll end up either buying a new one or returning this one for replacement. Do you guys know how to fix this problem, because I followed a lot of tutorials on how to set up the Acekard 2i, and this keeps on happening no matter what I do. I tried formatting the Micro SD with a Panasonic format program. And help is greatly appreciated. And I'm really sorry if this is a clone of an older topic.

2. tk_saturn

Member tk_saturn GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    It's not an issue with setting it up, as the Acekard isn't getting that far.

Try reflashing the firmware. If it's not appearing, use another cart to perform the update as in the guide in my signature.

It's possible it may be a contact issue, but in tose cases it will normally say no cart i inserted rather than just blank boxes.

I'd open the cart up, i've seen one or two posts mention unhardened epoxy on the IC in relation to this issue.

3. SuperCrazy
    OP

United States
    Well... I don't have a second Acekard to perform the update with. And I don't know how to reflash.

4. tk_saturn

Member tk_saturn GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Doesn't have to be an Acekard, it can be any flashcart. You say you don't know how to reflash, then how did you flash the 1.4 firmware update? as it's the same thing except you swap carts. It's in the guide how to do it.

5. SuperCrazy
    OP

United States
    Oh. That's what you meant. Well, I can't do that because I don't have any other flashcart. This is my only one.