Hacking Acekard 2i Problems

blcman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I purchased an Acekard 2i recently and tried using it to play some games and they won't load it starts loading then the loading font goes from blue to yellow and hangs there. I read online that it could be a firmware issue and I should try flashing it so I downloaded the firmware update and popped the cart into my DS Lite and tried to update it however when I tried that it won't go past 0% and it's an 8181 card.
I've tried to use 2 types of MicroSD cards with no luck. If someone could help me.

I also found that if I pull out the cart while it says 0% it starts updating but only the percentages nothing actually changes

raybattousai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try formating your sd card with this software SD Formatter
After formatting download both the newest Acekard 2i firmware and the newest version of Akaio from here Acekard download
I Had similar problems when I got my Acekard 2i and I was told to try that afterwards all problems with updating and loading games were fixed.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
you need to try a second microsd card. if 2 cards do the same thing its the acekard. in that case its probably the microsd slot.

maybe you just need to reseat the microsd card or the sd slot is having issues. i've helped people debug to the point that the only thing left was a bad sd slot. it does happen.

-another world

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
blcman said:
I tried the AK2 software, but it still didn't work, is there a way to fix the sd contact issue?

until you try more than 1 micro sd card, saying its a contact issue is speculation.

i said it could be that but you need to debug to be sure.

if that is the problem there is probably nothing you can do. it would most probably be a problem with the slot and nothing related to anything you could fix (like resetting the spring).

-another world

oran

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France

blcman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oran said:
Have you tested your anti-fake code (which is on the back of your acekard) ? You can verify your acekard 2i according to the links below
http://www.acekard.com/bar_code.php
yes, I tested it and 20 other with the same code came up, Realhotstuff said that it was legit, but I was upset and asked them for a replacement and they want me to pay shipping two more times...

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
blcman said:
yes, I tested it and 20 other with the same code came up, Realhotstuff said that it was legit, but I was upset and asked them for a replacement and they want me to pay shipping two more times...

acekard is not putting a unique code on each acekard, they are instead recycling codes. your card probably is legit but your code has been printed on (at least) 20 other acekards and checked (at least) 20 other times.

you need to really debug the problem down to the finest detail and then provide RHS with all of the information. you'll have to prove to them without a shadow of a doubt that what you purchased if faulty.

if they are still giving you problems try contacting [email protected] and letting them know all of the debugging that you did and what you suspect is the problem. tell them how RHS is mistreating you and that you only want what you paid for. acekard isn't as quick on the keys as they once were but it is worth a shot.

you can also try this thread: http://gbatemp.net/t285787-your-ak2i-is-de...will-replace-it

keep in mind that if you are in the US you can send it back to RHS with delivery confirmation for under $2.

-another world

cynful09

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To the customer: You do not have pay to send the cartridge back. Please contact us again through email ([email protected]) or open a support ticket http://www.realhotstuff.com/ticket_create.php to resolve this issue.

General public: We have discovered a discrepancy in our latest batch of Acekard 2i's. After a couple emails from our customers, we contacted our current supplier and he admitted to sending us a mixed batch of authentic and counterfeit Acekard 2i's. Please note, we have been using this supplier since the last debacle in early 2010, and up to now he had been consistent. Please understand, as a retailer we cannot check the codes - as they do come up as "fake" if checked more than once - but we do check for contact issues and randomly update the 2i's with the latest firmware. We have been able to update them consistently and the HW id comes up as: 8181.

We have contacted Acekard. They claim that all codes are unique. We have attempted to order from Acekard directly, in order to avoid issues like this, but they refuse and we have to order from outside suppliers.

To any customer who suspects there is an issue with the legitimacy of your cart, please contact us immediately. En route, we have a new batch of Acekard 2i's that are confirmed legitimate from a trusted partner. If anyone needs a replacement as soon as possible, we are checking codes and updating them with the latest patch. Please note - if you choose this option, the code will have already been checked once, and you will get the counterfeit message on Acekard's website should you feel you need to check it again. To all customers who have made orders from 8/30 and on, we will also be checking the codes before we ship them out.

We apologize to all customers for the inconvenience and are committed to resolving this issues. Feel free to PM me or email us (provided above).

- RHS

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
when did they send you this response?

cynful09 said:
We have contacted Acekard. They claim that all codes are unique. We have attempted to order from Acekard directly, in order to avoid issues like this, but they refuse and we have to order from outside suppliers.

i could stand corrected, but my acekard contact told me that they are recycling codes.

i'll drop them an e-mail and a MSG and find out.

-another world

cynful09

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another World said:

My employer told me he contacted them recently, possibly last week. We are not very happy with the Acekard company. To us, they can completely disregard this issue without hurting their sales. This seems to allow a complete lack of care and transparency concerning how they handle their product. We believe they choose to say different "truths" to different people.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
cynful09 said:
Another World said:

My employer told me he contacted them recently, possibly last week. We are not very happy with the Acekard company. To us, they can completely disregard this issue without hurting their sales. This seems to allow a complete lack of care and transparency concerning how they handle their product. We believe they choose to say different "truths" to different people.

like many of the flash kit teams, acekard does not sell to overseas resellers. its a legal issue. when an overseas seller buys any flash kit they buy from a wholesaler who stocks from wherever they can. some stock directly from the teams but those prices are higher. so instead they stock from the best price and often that includes clones.

as we know from your first post, RHS' wholesaler shipped them a mixed lot of real and fake acekards. the chances of hitting a fake were probably less than 50% so the wholesaler got their money with a smaller chance of being caught. again, you can't blame acekard.

what acekard can be blamed for is selling the actel chip design. this design gave us some good r4 clones (which run wood) but also some ak2i clones.

-another world

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Worst would be getting a DRM rootkit from using audio CDs and then Sony getting sued.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Least I can throw the nvme at neighbors now
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    get a 2 TB NVMe from amazon, return the fucked one, get replacement and send that one to me
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Easier way buy one with a preadded heatsync pop the heat sync open
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some nerd at Amazon warehouse may tell the end of the colors off
    I'd like a 990 pro tyvm <З
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gen 5s going to be crazy expensive at like 10k transfer
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $300for 2tb
    don't have anything that can take PCIe5
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's still m.2 form just the next gen
    ew crucial
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    13,600 MB/s though
    I got a 980 pro iirc
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soldigms been pretty solid
    yeh 980 pro
    good enough tbf
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/gMNhZNI never heard about them but reviews are good
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, Crucial SSDs work fine. I have one installed in my Xbox.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Reviews seem positive.
    I believe I had some Patriot RAM running in a computer somewhere
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $250 is pretty solid considering
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With the refund it'll be about $150
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    6tb nvme pc ftw
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 6tb nvme pc ftw