Hacking Acekard 2i problems, both 3DS and phat

Pannkakan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Heya.

Recently bought a Acekard 2i for my new N3DS and I have run into some trouble. As I already had upgraded my 3DS to 3.0.0-6 I got the error "" I started browsing various sites and try to find a solution to it.
I found this guide; http://www.r43dsguides.com/2011/12/13/acekard-2i-3ds-setup-guide-for-3ds-3-0-0-5-dsi-1-4-3/
However, as I started using it I ran into even more trouble. When I try to boot the flashcard on my 3DS with update 2.2.0-4E I get the same error. So I thought of trying it on my DS Phat. Here I instead end up with booting into a white screen.

Does anyone have any clue what the problem might be? Have I come across a fake card?
The icon when booting is Narnia, if that is to any help.

Many thanks in advance

Pannkakan

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Perhaps AKAIO has some corrupted files. Also, instead of using that r4 site use www.acekard.com for all future updates. You should be able to download the latest version from www.acekard.com/downloads All you need to do is put the AKAIO files on the root of your SD card.

Pannkakan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have gotten the files from the proper source (acekard.com). I did put the akaio files in the root of the SD card, it is something else that is not working.

A proper install is __aio and akumenu4.nds in the root of the SD card, am I correct?

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Hmm...if the icon shows up, it wouldn't be bricked. It must be corrupted files. Try it again. Try an older version of AKAIO as well, same thing happened to me and when I tried an older version it worked fine.

Pannkakan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just tried with new downloads from acekard. Reformated the SD drive, still same issue. If I try with older versions of AKAIO, doesn't that mean that I will be unable to use it on the 3.0.0-6 3DS anyway?

Also; where would be the proper place to download older versions?

Kind regards

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Just tried with new downloads from acekard. Reformated the SD drive, still same issue. If I try with older versions of AKAIO, doesn't that mean that I will be unable to use it on the 3.0.0-6 3DS anyway?

Also; where would be the proper place to download older versions?

Kind regards
I think you're confusing AKAIO with the system firmware. AKAIO is the loader, this only affects the compatibility of the games. The firmware is that .nds file you run to upgrade the internals of the card so it will be compatible with the systems.

Go here to download AKAIO and put it in the root of your SD card.

Pannkakan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ah, maybe I have missunderstood the whole installation process.

At the moment I have the current files under the root of my SD card:
  • __aio directory with files
  • ak2ifw_update_3ds30_DSi143_onDSi_and_DSXL_and3DS.nds
  • ak2ifw_update_3ds30_DSi143_onDSL.nds
  • ak2loader.nds
  • akmenu4.nds
I still get the same issue while trying to boot though (white screens on the DS phat and error message on the 3DS 2.2.0-4E).
Have I put the files at the wrong place? Am I supposed to do subdirectories?

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Everything seems to be in the right place...

Here's some steps to fully upgrade your 3DS to work on latest firmware, let me know if any of the steps I listed are unfamiliar to you.

1. Download the latest firmware package from www.acekard.com/download (you seem to have this done already)
2. Download the latest AKAIO loader from akaio.net/loaders
3. Extract and place the AKAIO files on the root of your SD card, overwriting any old files that may have been there.
4. Put the firmware package onto the root of your SD card
5. Put the Acekard into any device that will currently load it, (DS/Lite will always work)
6. Launch the .nds file, if you're on a DS/Lite use the file that ends with "_DSL.nds", if on a DSi and up use the one that ends with "_3DS.nds"
7. Let the firmware install, once it's finished it will ask you to reboot.
8. Once done, check to make sure the icon of your Acekard (when plugged into a DSi and up) is the most recent (in this case, the Chronicles of Narnia icon)

Pannkakan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Still cannot get past startup. The ordinary NDS will just launch into double white screens when the acekard is loaded, and the 3DS with 2.2.0-4E only shows the ordinary error message. Starting to wonder whether there is something wrong with my card :/

Janthran

Solarian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hm, de-corrupt? Not familiar with the term. You're saying I should get another acekard?
Something similar happened to my friend's Acekard, except the loader icon was just plain gone.
We had to use the updated, and when it says to take the card out and put it back in, you switch the cards.
Apparently this was caused because when updating his card, he pressed A for the next card.

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
he means the 3ds 3.0x fw ak2i update you need a 2nd flash cart (any will do) run the fw update on a phat or lite ds when it says to eject then re insert the cart eject it and put your corrupted ak2i to unbrick it it will reflash the boot loader kernal just be patient and vahla it should run on your 3.0x 3ds again

Pannkakan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have always had the loader icon (Narnia) so I am not sure that the problem is the same. I have never even been able to boot AKAIO, always ending up with white screens or error message. Could I have bricked my card when I inserted it into my 3DS with 3.0.0-6?

EDIT: Alright, thanks everyone, I will try chrisrlink's suggestion tomorrow (will hopefully be able to borrow another acekard 2i from a friend).
Will update you how it went tomorrow.

Kind regards

Pannkakan

Pannkakan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So, I just tried out it with another card. No problems booting into AKAIO with the same files with this card, However, after I had swapped cards and started the installation of the firmware the progress is stuck at 0 %. Anyone got any clue what might be wrong? :/

CHIP ID: 0fc2 HW: 8181

It says "Updating, DO NOT turn off DS." Would it harm my card/DS if I turned it off? It's not like I got much of a choice anyway.

EDIT2: Tried out a technique which made me able to install the firmware (ejecting the card and quickly inserting it in again during the installation.). However, the card still doesn't work. The icon when I start the DS is now gone and replaced by a white icon. The DS still boots into white screens and the 3DS is not able to boot the game cartridge at all.

Ozito

Who you gonna call?
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
http://gbatemp.net/t...ost__p__2545433

try that solution and see if it works for you. If you get the card to work again then you'll have a new chance.

:)

edit

You might want to check this http://www.acekard-2i.org/tried-to-update-using-the-dsi-file-in-a-dsi-running-v1-4-and-it-failed-at-0-and-bricked-my-card/

and here's a guy with a solution

Pannkakan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nope, no luck. :/ The R4 files made the DS boot into double white screens. Gonna return this card to the seller and ask for a new one.

EDIT: The method he used in the youtube video is the method I used yesterday. Just tried it again, with no luck. Ordinary DS boots into double white screens and the 3DS gives me an error message.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn