OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.glowsticking.com
XP
Country
United States
Did some mild googling and searching through here and gbatemp but couldn't find the answer I was looking for so I'm making this post.

I bought 10 acekard 2i recently and 1 ended up not working. Not bad... 1/10

When I put it in the dslite and dsi no game was detected at all. I thought it was the contacts at first (it might still be.. I don't know.) so I tried the paper trick and it still didn't read on either my dslite or dsi.
Next I tried removing the 2 plastic things that cover part of the contacts (I did this previously before for another acekard 2i that wasn't reading and it worked) and it still didn't work on either systems.
Then I figured since it wasn't working anyway, I used the unbricking technique where I loaded the 1.4 updater on another card then put the broken one in and updated it.
I put it in my dsi and it read this time with the danny phantom icon but when clicked, it just stays on a white screen. I tested it in my dsl also but it didn't even read the card at all on that.

So my question is... does anyone know how to fix this or is it just a broken card and was from the start. I don't want to bother with returning it since I bought it in HK and it took a month to get here and I'd have to pay for shipping anyway. If there's nothing I can do I'll just keep it as desk decoration or something lol but I'm hoping maybe someone knows something I can do.

Oh yeah, I took it apart just for the fun of it thinking maybe I could realign it that way but nope... no luck.

Thanks in advance for any help [=

extra info:
all cards were running akaio rc2 with latest loaders and like I said 9 ran perfectly and 1 didn't.

spark1223

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is strange, you may have broke it if it wasnt already(ive seen some that wil register on the system and then show a white screen like that and the paper trick fixes it but not always at first), but it really seems like a contact issue, try slipiing more and more paper under the pcb until it works, but start with one system before getting it to work in another. You want to use a pretty sturdy piece of paper, they say buisness card is good. Make sure you slip it under the pcb tho, theres a thread all about it but im on my ipod so its difficult to dig up.

spark1223

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never hurts to keep trying the paper trick and if that doesn't work, you could always huck it at a car, drop it from a really high place or something. Or better yet, if you don't want to return it...

Find some unsuspecting douche bag with a DS and try to sell him the broken one. Show him a working one so he knows what hes buying and then do some crazy slight of hand shit and switch it with the broken one. Then run like hell after you get the money.

gary2010

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
try a piece of card folded over behind the contact. like slot the card inbetween the contacts and the plastics of the acekard there was a tutorial showing you how to do it on gbatemp somewhere i needed to do it a couple of times to my ak2i and now it always works
tongue.gif

iamthemilkman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My newest 2i has started to have problems with not being recognized when I turn my system on.

So I used one of those Gamestop paper/cardboard disc sleeves and cut a little piece out and placed it under the pcb. Works like a charm.

I used an old credit card hunk before that, but it was way too thick and was bending the pcb a bit, so I took it out and this is a much better fit.

Try that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Lol K3N1.