Hacking Acekard 2i .nds and .dsi file extensions?

neildunne

Being friendly and helpful costs nothing
OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I bought an acekard 2i and games and everything are working ok with my dsi. the only problem i am having is with file types. I can run games just fine ending with the .nds file type, but i have a game called Imagine Artist and it has the file type .dsi and my Acekard 2i cant seem to see them on the screen. also when playing Womens Murder Club there is an option but when i select it, it says a dsi is required for this option. Can anyone please give any advice??

Whooosh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
.dsi is dsi enchanced games.

games which have features only playable on dsi. I believe the latest AKAIO supports these, minus the extra features

neildunne

Being friendly and helpful costs nothing
OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah its games which have DSI enhanced features which i cant use on my DSI, i mean i can play the games but not use the features. As for the file extensions ending in .dsi, if i change them to nds then they play fine. I am running AKAIO 1.5.1 which im sure is the latest, but it still doesnt support .dsi file types. I have also put the game Monster Finder on my cart, which has the nds file type, and when i start the game it gives the message 'For use with Nintendo DSI systems only. Cannot be used with Nintendo DS/DS Lite systems? why am i getting these messages when its a DSI system i have???

nasune

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
That's because the flashcard runs in DS mode and not DSi mode. As a result the games you start from a flashcart are also booted in DS mode (because of the card it thinks you have a regular ds instead)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Taco flavored kisses