Acekard 2i Loading Screen Problem

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by bvpham88, Jun 6, 2010.

Jun 6, 2010
  1. bvpham88
    OP

Newcomer bvpham88 Newbie

United States
    I've had my acekard 2i for about 2 months now and about a week ago my acekard started to not load up. it worked perfectly fine up until now. When i turn on the ds it goes through the first screen and then i select the acekard with the danny phantom icon, the screen turns black and the word Loading in blue. it just sits there and nothing happens. i know i have the right firmware, i tried it on my first generation ds and it does the same thing. im going crazy trying to figure out what is wrong. i've done every step in the "Updated n00b guide to setting up your acekard" thread like 5 times and still nothing changes.

2. Phoenix Goddess

Member Phoenix Goddess The Ninja's Protégée

United States

I'm not sure if things like this happens with clones, but did you check to see if yours was one of them?

3. tk_saturn

Member tk_saturn GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    If when it boots the Acekard sits on a blue loading screen, it normally means you have a MicroSD card problem.

For example try booting up the Acekard without a MicroSD present, and it will sit on a blue loading screen.

I'd give the contacts on your MicroSD card a clean. I've noticed on one of mine that the MicroSD card gets looser in the slot over time as you use it. Attach a piece of paper to the side which has the writing on as you insert the MicroSD card.

4. bvpham88
    OP

Newcomer bvpham88 Newbie

United States
    I was going to try and open it up to see if it was legit or not but i didnt want to accidentally break the thing lol, the easiest way is to just use a knife and try to pry it open right? my games worked before though so how would it all of a sudden just stop?

and yea i tried another microsd card, same thing happens. i cleaned both microsd cards and the acekard 2i card as well. and yes i tried that paper trick it didn't seem to do anything. my acekard 2i microsd slot doesnt seem like its loose or anything.

ARGH!!

5. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    the ak2i is plagued with contact issues. you probably have a bad msd slot. the ak2i (if its real) has a 1 yr warranty. double check the hwid against the list of known good ak2i cards and then ask your reseller for a replacement.

-another world

6. bvpham88
    OP

Newcomer bvpham88 Newbie

United States
    when you say "double check the hwid against the list of known good ak2i cards" what do you mean exactly? what is hwid? hardware id?

7. tk_saturn

Member tk_saturn GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    You can't find the HWID, because you need to boot the Acekard into AKAIO in order to do so.