Hacking Acekard 2i incompatible with DS Lite?

Rucury

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Okay, here's the deal. I got my Acekard 2i in the mail today from Modchip Central. It looks a little used (scratches noticeable on logo on the cartridge) but that's no big deal, I guess.

So anyway, I went ahead and downloaded the official firmware from the main Acekard site, put the file and the folder in the root of my SD and... nothing. The DS can't read the Acekard 2i. As in, it won't appear in the main menu. Before you say anything, it is not a "contact" problem, the DS reads normal cartridges just fine and the Acekard 2i works with my girlfriend's "original" phat DS. Plus, I tried the paper trick.

So, I reformatted the 4GB MicroSDHC, and this time I used the AKAIO firmware. I followed the handy guide posted here at GBAtemp, too. And nothing.

My DS Lite's "firmware" is v5. When I go into pictochat and remove an original game cartridge, the screens turn pink. I bought an Acekard 2i because I heard there were compatible with DS Lites and because this darned DS won't run a R4DS (my other DS Lite did, again, not a contact problem)....

I even updated the Acekard 2i to v1.4! I did it on a phat DS using the "DS LITE" file instead of the "DSi" one.

However, I don't think it updated correctly because my friend's DSi (v1.4U) won't recognize the Acekard 2i either!

So, please, help me out? I don't want to wait 18 days for an exchange to arrive... If you need any more details, I will gladly post them.

*EDIT*

So anyway, I got it working! Well, sorta. I used another friend's DSi (v1.3U) and updated my Acekard 2i. Then I tested it on my DSLite and it didn't work... BUT it worked my friend's 1.4U DSi! So, I'm probably getting a DSiXL if the firmware doesn't change.

Thanks guys! =p

jojoj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm... have you tried [AKAIO] ? Maybe it's a firmware issue. The original is kinda glitchy so it might be that. Heres the link
filetrip http://filetrip.net/file.php?id=9222 if it's not that IT IS either 1 of two things your card is DEAD OR you need to brush where your card meets the contact in your ds lightly with a toothbrush. Mine did the same thing for awhile till i brushed it with a toothbrush I hope this helps. but if it does not then sadly you must return it. gl and may you resolve this issue quickly
gbasp.gif

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jojoj said:
Hmm... have you tried [AKAIO] ? Maybe it's a firmware issue. The original is kinda glitchy so it might be that. Heres the link
filetrip http://filetrip.net/file.php?id=9222 if it's not that IT IS either 1 of two things your card is DEAD OR you need to brush where your card meets the contact in your ds lightly with a toothbrush. Mine did the same thing for awhile till i brushed it with a toothbrush I hope this helps. but if it does not then sadly you must return it. gl and may you resolve this issue quickly
gbasp.gif
WTF would anything that's on the microSD card help when the DS can't even read the cart?

OP: It's clearly a problem with your DS because two carts don't work on it that worked fine with other DS's. Try cleaning the contacts as the previous poster said

Rucury

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jojoj said:
gbasp.gif

Yes I'm currently running AKAIO on the flashcard.

1. My card is not dead. It works on my girlfriend's original "phat" DS.

2. I doubt it's a contact issue as the DS Lite reads official cartridges. And as previously stated, the card works on another DS... =<

Thanks anyway ^^

Synt4x3rror

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey boricua!

Uh my acekard 2i works on my ds lite just finem running it with akaio

I'm thinking it may be your ds, why not try running your acekard on another ds? (another dslite perhaps)

you could also try using another microsd card

if still nothing, then I think your card is most definitively damaged, so yeah, contact the seller if you can't sort it out.

also: about the pictochat pink screens, I just tried out in mine and it also does it xD

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's without doubt a contact issue, there's nothing else it can be.

AK2i's work fine on DS Lites. I have one in mine and brought 3 for my nieces and nephew's DS Lites which are also fine. These 3 were new DS Lites brought this christmas.

AKAIO, the FW update and the MicroSD have nothing to do with it

Use a cotton bud and clean the inside of the cart slot.

Rucury said:
this darned DS won't run a R4DS (my other DS Lite did, again, not a contact problem)....
Sound like it's a contact issue to me. They work on everyone elses DS Lites and they work on your other one too. What other explanation is there? How exactly do you know it's not a conact issue?

Rucury

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Synt4x3rror said:
Hey boricua!

Uh my acekard 2i works on my ds lite just finem running it with akaio

I'm thinking it may be your ds, why not try running your acekard on another ds? (another dslite perhaps)

you could also try using another microsd card

if still nothing, then I think your card is most definitively damaged, so yeah, contact the seller if you can't sort it out.

also: about the pictochat pink screens, I just tried out in mine and it also does it xD

^^ Que bueno ver otro boricua aqui. Que raro... Haha!

Anyway, I'm starting to think it might be the DS... but darn, if this DS doesn't work with the Acekard how am I supposed to update it to work an a DSi?...

Also, I tried other MicroSDs.

nitrostemp said:
sounds like you should get a dsi

I'm holding out until the Nintendo DSi XL arrives in NA. IF it is compatible with the Acekard 2i... and IF I can get it fixed. =p

QUOTE(tk_saturn @ Mar 9 2010, 07:36 PM)
Sound like it's a contact issue to me. They work on everyone elses DS Lites and they work on your other one too. What other explanation is there? How exactly do you know it's not a conact issue?

You might be right. I have only tried two other cartridges with it, Animal Crossing: Wild World and The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks (both worked)... I keep thinking this particular DS Lite just hates flashcards! xD

Okay you guys have helped me out a lot, however I have one last question... Why didn't my Acekard 2i work on a 1.4U DSi after I updated it on a DS Phat?... If I can get that update running, I might just buy that darn DSi.

P.S. When I wrote what you quoted, I mean the R4DS did not have a contact problem, no this DS Lite. Also, I cleaned it with a Alcohol Swab. =

Synt4x3rror

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I can't really help you with the update for the dsi (I haven't really done it myself x3) but you could always try and update it again?

Rucury

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Synt4x3rror said:
I can't really help you with the update for the dsi (I haven't really done it myself x3) but you could always try and update it again?

I've tried quite a couple of times! xD

I even tried using the "DSi" option instead of the "DS Lite" even though I have no DSi... Bleh, my buddy's bringing both his DS Lite and DSi tomorrow, so I'll update the main post with whatever results I get ^^

And if not... Gonna have to wait 18 days for a replacement =< (On the plus side, I could get it on March 28th with the DSi XL ^^)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended