Acekard 2i freezing when tapped

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by samusattack, May 27, 2009.

May 27, 2009
  1. samusattack
    OP

Newcomer samusattack Newbie

United States
    My acekard 2i was purchased from Dealextreme in February. It had worked fine in my DSi and DSL untill recently. Whenever any force is applied to the card or my DS it freezes. The rom says that the game cart was taken out of the system. I have read that this happens because acekard's contacts are too short.

I am almost sure it is not a software problem because I have cleared my sd, used the panasonic formater, and have the newest version of akaio and the newest loaders. I also tried to get new roms for some games and it still happened.

Should I try to get another one from Dealextreme or is there a way I can fix this problem? If I do get another one from Dealextreme will it just happen again?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

2. Agent007

Member Agent007 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    First of all, if you don't want to wait for Dealextreme for the replacement, just add a peice of paper between the plastic and under the contacts. It usually works. Also, if you DO try and get another one from deal extreme, it is not 100% guarenteed that the batch they have will solve this problem.

Hope this helped,
    Agent007