Belga

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everybody !

I've just bought an Acekard 2i and a EZflash 3in1 for my DS light.

Acekard works great, with the original firmware (4.13) and AKAIO one (1.3rc1).
EZFlash works with the original Acekard firmware and GBA ExpLoader 0.58b, but only to launch GBA games (NOR/SDRAM).

When I use the AKAIO firmware, I try to toggle the 3in1 option but it tells me "3in1/EWin not found !", and I can't access the third menu in GBA Exploader (the one with Rumble/Ram extension)
When I use the orginal firmware, I can go to this menu, and select Rumble or Ram extension, but I cannot toggle the option in games nor launch Opera.

I tried with/without the soft reset option, no result...

So here is my question(s) : is Acekard 2i truly compatible with EZflash 3in1 or not (yet) ?
What do I have to do in order to use the Rumble/Ram extension ?

Any idea ?

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
using my ak2 and rpg i've never had the 3rd option. opera auto patches for ram before it runs in akaio so i never worried about it. i know you can dump the firmware and rename it to get those features. i just forget how to do it or what you have to do exactly. hopefully someone else can post more info on it.

also i know that you need a game flashed to nor for the pack to be seen correctly in the nds. i don't know why and i never bothered to research it. make sure something is in NOR then try running a clean version of the browser directly inside AKAIO.

-another world

Belga

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, actually, there is a game in the NOR (I can launch it from the DS menu) but still I cannot use Opera, nor the rumble function.

Is there a way to know the version of the EZ 3in1 I have ? I believe I have to open it.

If it should recognize it when I try the 3in1 option in the firmware menu, maybe the card itself is damaged, so should I send it back for an exchange ?

JLsoft

The Joystick Lunatic
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another World said:
...hopefully someone else can post more info on it.

Another World, see http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=124086

--

Also, just to add to the Opera discussion a bit, on my AK2, it worked fine with 1.3b2, but now both clean and already-patched-for-the-3in1 roms return white screens with 1.3rc1&2. One thing I noticed when it was working was that the AKAIO loads the Browser ROM and shows the blue 'LOADING' screen like it does for homebrew, but not ROMs, which makes it sound like there's something about the ROM that it's detecting wrong or something...but it worked.

...anyway, now to get Opera to work on 1.3rc*, I found that if I take the 3in1 out and launch a pre-patched-for-the-3in1 copy of the Browser, AKAIO will show the LOADING screen...at which point I quickly insert the 3in1. The LOADING text will turn a darker blue, and the ROM starts right up
biggrin.gif

Belga

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have no white screen, AKAIO seems to load the ROM correctly, but then I am asked for the Ram extension cartridge.
QUOTE said:
I found that if I take the 3in1 out and launch a pre-patched-for-the-3in1 copy of the Browser, AKAIO will show the LOADING screen...at which point I quickly insert the 3in1.
That didn't work for me. Maybe I'll try again the official firmware (v. 4.13), but I don't think it'll change anything.

QUOTE said:
1.3rc1&2
Where can I download the 1.3rc2 version ? I cannot find it...

Another thing, the changelog for AKAIO 1.3rc1 shows :
AK2i support (options that could potentially harm AK2i are disabled)

Maybe the use of the EZ 3in1 was disabled ? I cannot see how it could harm a DSi since there is no slot 2, but you never know...

Santee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
in the gbaxploder does it say that it''s the plus cause maybe the acekard2i might not recognize it

Belga

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you mean by "it's the plus" ?
It still doesn't work, but still, when I try with the official firmware, and GBAxploader, I can access the third screen with the three rumble options and the Ram extension. When I choose one of the rumble options, the cartridge rumble a bit before the reset, so I guess this is not a material problem. Still, after the reset, it is not recognized as a rumble cartridge by the games...

artlan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Belga said:
What do you mean by "it's the plus" ?
It still doesn't work, but still, when I try with the official firmware, and GBAxploader, I can access the third screen with the three rumble options and the Ram extension. When I choose one of the rumble options, the cartridge rumble a bit before the reset, so I guess this is not a material problem. Still, after the reset, it is not recognized as a rumble cartridge by the games...

He means in GBAxploader it shows up as "3in1pls", which mine does also. I'm having all the same problems with my AK2 on a DSLite.

Diosoth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This issue, coupled with all the other problems I've read about concerning the 3-In-1(dead/nonfunctioning save batteries especially), are making me quite glad I spent the extra cash to get the EZ-Flash IV GBA-sized cartridge instead... I miss out on rumble and RAM, but rumble on DS is a feature I don't need or want, and nothing I run needs the RAM. I've found the EFIV to be quite a nice little GBA device.

Belga

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So it may be the cartridge that has a defect. I think I'm going to send it back for an exchange.

Or maybe it's the version of the firmware I use that is wrong, the latest are 1.13 for the original firmware and AKAIO 1.3rc1, aren't they ?

kakujo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm actually having the same problem. That and only some of my gba roms work with the same setup (I'll get a white screen on ones that don't work).

It must be incompatibilities with the ak2i, as I'm using it on my dsl.
Both my GF's and mine act the same way.

Just waiting for firmware update...
sleep.gif

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
i have opera running on my rpg using various builds of the beta firmware after 1.3rc1 with no issues. i do not have the 3-in-1+ however. that is looking like it is your problem. perhaps we need another donation to get smiths a 3-in-1+ when they are listed as such on DX.

-another world

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Miyoo are basically repurposed blackberry displays believe it or not I always take my miyoo on the go
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    @K3Nv2 You joke but this was amazing for 10 year old me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TC6adnfSaew&ab_channel=IGN
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Install onionos also if you haven't already
    It still looks dope.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Amazingly I didn't really care for the GBA
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @The Real Jdbye, dragon quest 4 bored me
    Let's play.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I should add a 256gb card in mine and load like 100ps1 titles to it eventually I will
    Will you play them all?
    I've only ever played Castlevania Symphony of the Night from PS1.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We don't play games here
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @HiradeGirl, I dont have one of those but gbarunner2 in twilight menu works quite decently for me
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Don't get me wrong GBA absolutely had some great games but overall the sound and graphics just meh to me
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The remastered crash bandicoot was pretty decent ngl
    @Xdqwerty I had a NDS long ago, but L and R broke very fast.
    My sister had a N3DS XL and it suffered the same fate.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @HiradeGirl the L button barely worked at all in the dsi i previously had
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    my dad bought me a dsi identical to that one
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That could be an easy fix without even opening it with some ipa maybe unless the entire button broke
    That´s why I never got any handheld before the Switch.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, thats why patches exist
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds games are best played on a DS emulation is fine but having actual hardware is better obviously
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or N3ds/2Ds
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, or most "gimmicky" consoles
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah the dual screen makes them better because that's how they were developed for
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nah the dual screen makes them better because that's how they were developed for