Acekard 2i + DSi 1.4U Help

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by nick15, Sep 21, 2010.

Sep 21, 2010

Acekard 2i + DSi 1.4U Help by nick15 at 3:42 AM (2,015 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. nick15
    OP

Newcomer nick15 Newbie

United States
    OK so, I just got my Acekard 2i in the mail, and it doesn't work. I later find a fix for it, but it requires two DS's, which I don't have. I only have my DSi, which is version 1.4U (and specifically NOT 1.4.1). I then LATER find a fix for DSi version 1.4.1... but I just can't make heads or tails out of it... but I don't think it should be an issue because I figure that if they cracked 1.4.1, it should work fine on 1.4U without much effort.

Basically, I can't find any clear information explaining how to get my Acekard 2i to work on my v1.4U DSi, and/or how to get Acekard2i to work using only ONE DS unit (because most of everything I've seen requires two DS's!).

I would appreciate any links or help you can send me. Hell, even just a link to a version of Acekard 2i firmware that just works fine on 1.4U without any futzing would be great. Thanks!

2. Hakoda

Member Hakoda GBAtemp Addict

United States
    The only way to flash the AK2i for 1.4 is to execute the update. However, you need to be able to execute the Acekrd first. Which means you need a console that isn't blocking it, meaning a DS lite to a DSi on lower firmware. if you don't have one, go find one. There is no other way.

3. tk_saturn

Member tk_saturn GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    You didn't search very hard. Here's a guide

4. nick15
    OP

Newcomer nick15 Newbie

United States
    Actually, I meant that I couldn't find anything that would tell me if there was any way to upgrade the DSi 1.4u unit WITHOUT having to use another DS unit to make it happen. Of course, there is none because you just can't.

But that's fine... I went to GameStop and "tested" one of their DS Lites and did the upgrade there. Thanks anyways!