Hacking AceKard 2i Crapped out!!!

Elephant1982

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey Guys

My Acekard 2i no longer shows up on my DSi ver 1.3E or my NDL.. I was playing the new Zelda this morning did a save and exited out of the game, Came back to it and played it for about a hour then it freezed on me so i rebooted DSi and the Acekard is no longer showing up.. I have reloaded Akaio 1.5 about 6 times but that hasn't done anything.
I thought it might be the contacts so I have used a bit of paper to wedge the card in and no luck...
My daughters Acekard (updated to run on Dsi ver1.4E) works fine and so does my wifes NDSTT Card, just mine doesn't.

Now Dare I ask the question if Zelda had anything to do with this??? Or has my Acekard just died at the age of 8 months?? I have had no problems with it before but maybe its just not my lucky day!! lol

If I cant get it working I want to get another Flashcard and really like the AceKard, can anyone tell me where I can get a real Acekard 2i from. I know dealextreme comes highly recommended but with Chrismas coming up and the State of the UK postal service I rather order from a UK Shop..

Thanks for any help guys!!

Chris

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just keep trying, try reformatting ur Sd?

If your guna buy a new one id go with 0shippingzone, ive had a look at there shop and its great, low prices and i think they do same day dispatch im not sure. if u really want it cheap then go with DX but like u sed u most prob wont get in by christmas

Hope u fix it

XWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
He has stated that he has already tried the paper trick!

One thing not mentioned - has a different microSD card been tried in it?

penthaler

Trophies
XP
Country
6times reloaded akaio 1.5 - i think that means he tried to put on his card new os again and again, so microsd must work... when the microsd fails, the nds still detect ak2i but with error screen (like no os)

Elephant1982

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guys I tried everything.. Its gone!!!! Sob Sob Sob... lol... Has anyone used or heard of ndscardshop.co.uk I found there site and I wanted to know if they alright to use as I dont want a Fakey!!!
Thanks for all the Help so far!!
Chris

AndreXL

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Maybe cart/DSi contact issue?
force in some paper/tape on the cart sticker side so that it would be thicker. then insert it on the DSi so it would push the contacts more on the DSi.
[edit sp]

ericling

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Oh..Yea..Acekard is really cheap..and worth too..
I own a acekard now 1month already..
Ahaha..Any tips to care the card?
I have some contact problem last 2 days.But now fixed.Wonder will it last..

Leonidas

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
BoxShot said:
It's not bad considering the price but there are a bunch of people with acekards that haven't crapped out yet. So that 8 month lifespan doesn't apply to all.
Maybe we should make a poll. I really wonder...

Nilkin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I had this problem with mine inserted the Acekard in DSI nothing came up found out its a contact issue with the card not the Memory card..

I fixed mine with cotton bud and some CD/DVD cleaner solution, you want some liquid that will evaporate very quick found my CD/DVD cleaner liquid did this, just wipe the gold contact with a damp cotton bud with the cleaner solution then wipe with the dry end afterwords and its fixed..

Another way to clean the Gold contacts is with an Pencil rubber but careful not to rub to hard, this can also work..

I noticed on mine it was not very clean but after I did this not had an issue...

Elephant1982

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, I have emailed the guy I got it from but his site is no longer around so I'm not holding my breath... I'm not to fussed, the amount I have used it, its paid for itself a 100 times over!! Its just a pain waiting for the new one in the post when I was enjoying Zelda so much!!!

Would I be able to got direct to Acekard for a replacement, do you think???

I will give the gold contacts another cleam I found some CPU Cleaner in my man draw so that might work.. I'll keep you posted..
It might be worth starting a poll on the most reliable cards as I have an Old White R4 Card from Hong Kong that is still working, thats almost 2 and a half years after I brought it..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: i think im a bad person