Hacking Acekard 2i compatible with DSi LL (XL)

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
kleptodathief said:
so if i don't do that danny phantom 1.4 update i won't get this new dsi XL to work with acekard 2i?

i don't have any older dsi or ds lite units to do the update
frown.gif
Some sites will upgrade it for you...

kleptodathief

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
most of the sites that do the update is sold out, i think mine is a fake and not updated, i haven't received it yet so im only speculating as it was only 16usd, the real ak2i cards are usually 25usd?

Trscroggs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry, but I am just a little confused here.

I know people have been saying the acekard 2i works with the XL, but a lot of people have been talking about firmware updates and all that. Does this mean if I patch the XL firmware then I can't use the acekard? If so, is there a counter patch to the acekard that gets around that?

SparkFenix

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Theyre saying (i think) that if you want to use acekard on a DSi XL you need to update the firmware to work with 1.4

To do that you need a DS phat, DS lite or a DSi with 1.3 or lower firmware

Theres a gudie how to do it in the stickies if im not mistaken

Trscroggs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SparkFenix said:
Theyre saying (i think) that if you want to use acekard on a DSi XL you need to update the firmware to work with 1.4

It's that middle line that confuses me. Why do I need an old system to update a device that runs from firmware I can update from putting the sd card in my computer and downloading an update? Or is that not a firmware update?

Do you know which guide and page it is, a couple of the setup guides have a LOT of pages?

caster62003

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trscroggs said:
SparkFenix said:

It's that middle line that confuses me. Why do I need an old system to update a device that runs from firmware I can update from putting the sd card in my computer and downloading an update? Or is that not a firmware update?

Do you know which guide and page it is, a couple of the setup guides have a LOT of pages?

You are not updating the OS (AKAIO and the official AceKard OS) You are updating the chip inside the cart that the common user should not visually see, unless if they tear the cart apart, that stores the actual firmware and that is what the DS sees and decides if it wants to load the cart or not. Once the cart is loaded by the DS, the Firmware chip will look to the SD for the OS, then the OS will load the apps/files that are stored on the cart.

http://gbatemp.net/?act=ST&f=101&t=174529

Read that post for how to do it, very easy once you can read. Or else the guide above that SparkFenix posted works as well, but that one may have a bit too much reading for you.

PS: Why are we still using the old post? Shouldn't somebody have just created a new one instead of necrothreading?

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Trscroggs said:
SparkFenix said:

1. Why did you bump a 2 month old thread?
2. Those aren't really firmware updates. Those are OS updates.
3. If you consider AKAIO as a firmware, then think of the 1.4 update as updating the bootstrap (the thing that makes the DS recognize the Acekard). The bootstrap is on a chip on the actual Acekard, and it's what holds the Acekard icon that appears on the DS/DSi menu. When you update the bootstrap, the icon appears as Danny Phantom on the DSi, making the DSi think it's a genuine game (instead of a flashcart), which completely bypasses the flashcart block.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Sounds good actually.