Hacking Acekard 2i bricked and Xpertron

zefrogg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all,

I recently bought an Acekard 2i for my DSi from Xpertron.
At first, all appeared to be working fine. I installed the Acekard firmware, Moonshell and a few game backups. All seemed to be fine.
Then one evening, I powered my DSi on to see a message saying that a probem occured and the Acekard firmware wouldn't start.
I fiddled a bit with the cart and the Flash card. It then started again...
Hmmm...
I wasn't too sure what firmware was on my DSi, although I hadn't knowingly updated since I purcahsed it about 3 weeks ago. So I thought I'd better apply the update for 1.4 compatibility.
Downloaded it, stuck it on the card and run it. Simple. Apart from the fact that my Progress status stayed at 0% and after 30 minutes, nothing else had happened. So I ended up having to restart, hoping that the original firmware had not been erased yet. It had!!!
hate2.gif

I tried to contact Xpertron to organize a return for replacement. A week later and no feedback from them.
The phone number on their website doesn't answer. I once got an answer phone and left a message with my contact details. Still nothing.
Has anybody ever had to return something back to them and been successful?
I am not sure yet whether this is a one man band and he's on holiday this week but I'm getting concerned that I've just wasted my hard earned cash with them...

Regarding my bricked card, I read that it can be recovered if I run the DSL firmware update using a working Acekard on a DSL, eject the card and insert the bricked one in.
Does anybody know if the firmware update executable can also be executed from another Flash cart like a Hyper R4i, EZ Vi...?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance!

Zefrogg

zefrogg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
BoxShot said:
Yes you can put another flashcart in run the updater and swap in the bricked card to reflash the firmware. It's just a .nds file that is ran so yeah.
Thanks for the quick reply. That's good news. I've ordered a Hyper R4i so should be able to bring my Acekard back to like...
Thanks again!
Zefrogg

zefrogg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
CloudSE said:
why are you using the official firware you should use akaio and ur card is probably not bricked
I tried both AKAIO and the original firmware and had problems with AKAIO with running Moonshell. I think it was Moonshell 2 I used.
Would you definitely recommend AKAIO over the Acekard firmware then?
And which version of Moonshell should I use with it?

Why do you think my flashcart isn't bricked? It doesn't show up in main menu when inserted. Surely the firware has been erased/corrupted?

Thanks for your help!
Zefrogg

BoxShot

Chiyo-chan :3
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I run akaio with moonshell 2.05 stable and it works fine. I definitely recommend akaio over official because of support with roms, cheats, etc and Norm.
tongue.gif
Usually it might not show because of contacts but that might be ruled out from the fact that you flashed it and it stayed at 0%. Then again I'm not sure what shows if you put a bricked ak2i. No I don't speak for that guy

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
im getting it as a steal for 13 $ free shipping

edit: and is it perfect 100% rom compatbility becasue im not used to pathcing roms and shit like that the only game i ever patched was pokemon soul sliver and heart gold to be in english

worlok375

GBAtemp's prince
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
zefrogg said:
Why do you think my flashcart isn't bricked? It doesn't show up in main menu when inserted. Surely the firware has been erased/corrupted?

On ds/dsl or dsi? If it's dsi I say you're an idiot.

zefrogg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
worlok375 said:
zefrogg said:

On ds/dsl or dsi? If it's dsi I say you're an idiot.

That's helpful. Thanks a bunch.
I have a DSi. The Acekard was appearing happily in the main menu before my failed attempt at updating the firmware. Now it doesn't show at all ('no card inserted'). From what I gathered, I will be able to reprogram it using the firmware update .nds file using another flashcart. But asit stands the cart is dead. Not completely bricked then.

chaosboi007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zefrog, I have bricked my Acekard 2i the same way you have and I was wondering if your fix to the brick has worked out. I was wondering also if i used a DSL or the original DS could I use like the original R4 to update my Acekard 2i??? PLEASE REPLY ASAP THANK YOU

zefrogg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
chaosboi007 said:
Zefrog, I have bricked my Acekard 2i the same way you have and I was wondering if your fix to the brick has worked out. I was wondering also if i used a DSL or the original DS could I use like the original R4 to update my Acekard 2i??? PLEASE REPLY ASAP THANK YOU
Hi,
I haven't managed to borrow a DSL yet. I certainly didn't work on the DSi with the Hyper R4i. The executable simply froze after asking 'Press B to continue'. This could be due to the updater being only supposed to run on a DSL.
I'll let you know when I have tried it.
It's interesting to know that other people have had the same issue. Did your Acekard also hang at 'Progress 0%...' ?

Zefrogg

zefrogg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, I finally managed to get hold of a DSL. I run the DSL firmware updater from my Hyper R4i, inserted my dead Acekard 2i in and guess what...
excatly the same problem. The programmer utility starts and then hangs at 'Progress 0%...' and nothing else happens.
I take it my Aekard 2i is faulty.
I have had two e-mails back from Xpertron and they don't seem to be interested in me returning the card to them.

I recommend to anybody to stear clear of that company unless you're happy to have no customer service!
mad.gif

olympia1

Trophies
XP
Country
zefrogg said:
Well, I finally managed to get hold of a DSL. I run the DSL firmware updater from my Hyper R4i, inserted my dead Acekard 2i in and guess what...
excatly the same problem. The programmer utility starts and then hangs at 'Progress 0%...' and nothing else happens.
I take it my Aekard 2i is faulty.
I have had two e-mails back from Xpertron and they don't seem to be interested in me returning the card to them.

I recommend to anybody to stear clear of that company unless you're happy to have no customer service!
mad.gif

I'll second that

I ordered a ez flash from them on 16th August 2009 which has still not arrived 2 months on. at the beggining had e-mail replies blaming it on royal mail strikes and it getting lost. then they asked if i wanted a replacement sending and twice i've said yes, but they seemed to have vanished off the face of the earth now.

Don't buy from these robbers.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Laid at the party is fun unless you're in prison lol