Hacking acekard 2i and firmware 1.4

hannah200

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
My sister updated our dsi to firmware 1.4, now my acekard 2i won't work anymore.
frown.gif

So I searched around a bit, and most stories seem to contradict eachother so I guess I'll just ask about it here. It seems everyone is waiting for the new akaio release that makes the acekard 2i work on the new firmware. But I read somewhere I won't be able to update my acekard 2i with that new akaio release anymore since I already updated my dsi to firmware 1.4
In other words, will the new akaio release make sure I can use my acekard again, even though I already updated to 1.4?
if not, what can I do about it?

hannah200

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I don't have a dslight, am I screwed? :S

I have no idea how those cards work, but from my understanding it will not be possible to fix this 1.4 issue by just putting some new akaio firmware on your microSD?

even if I had a dslight I wouldn't know how to update my acekard, is there really no other way?

Nerdii

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
hannah200 said:
I don't have a dslight, am I screwed? :S
^ No. Use a phat if you don't have a Lite!

QUOTE(hannah200 @ Aug 13 2009, 07:57 PM) I have no idea how those cards work, but from my understanding it will not be possible to fix this 1.4 issue by just putting some new akaio firmware on your microSD?
^AKAIO has been dropped and it isn't that simple!

hannah200

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I don't have a fat ds either.
So, i'm pretty much screwed now? my acekard 2i is now useless? And there won't be anything I can do about it unless I have a dslight/dsphat/dsi with lower firmware?

Kittymat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
No

You will need to run a game file (.nds), to do this you need some way of booting the 2i.

Once the file is on the card it should take a few seconds, insert the cart into a DS, start it and run the file.

hannah200

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Kittymat said:
No

You will need to run a game file (.nds), to do this you need some way of booting the 2i.

Once the file is on the card it should take a few seconds, insert the cart into a DS, start it and run the file.
sorry, I'm afraid I don't fully understand.
frown.gif

Are you saying that if I run a game file on an other DS my 2i will work again?

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
what Kitty meant is

you need team acekard to release a FIX for 1.4
you need a DSL or DSphat or DSi (older firmware) to run the FIX
you can always ask around? neighbours and friends ? i bet one of them should have a DS

1 out of 60 of us own a DS

hannah200

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
ah ok, thanks
smile.gif

so, I guess there is no way around it, I simply need another ds...

How long does running a fix take? (or is that not known yet?) Maybe I can try to do it if I see a ds somewhere in a second hand shop or something..

Dinodragon

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This has nothing to do with the MicroSD. You need to update the 2i first before the DSi 1.4 will even look at it. The 2i does not have an OS by itself so it can't run the update. Only way to update the 2i is to use a DS that can currently read it.

GamerOnHere

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think that the M3i Zero is the best flashcart (and yes, I own one, so I'm not just making this up!). M3Adapter.com is still working on making an update for it, so buying it right now wouldn't be to smart, unless you can wait. If you just can't wait, the r4i works on 1.4, so you could use it. Also, in the future, please don't let your little sis update your DSi.

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've always been a bit befuddled by people saying "oh dear god I don't have a ds lite! how will I be able to update?". I've always been annoyed at the pervasiveness of kids to bring their NDS systems literally everywhere. If I go to dinner anywhere, inevitably several kids have their NDS systems out and are playing them, before, during and after dinner. Surely it can't be that hard to find another living breathing person to do the 2 minutes of updates required on the cart and be on your way. Hell if you're desperate, pay off a kid or a game store employee $5 to borrow their NDS for 2 minutes (which I realize is close to %33-%50 of the cost of just buying a new cart...) . But really is it THAT hard to find someone?

Fabis94

Xbawx playa
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
doyama said:
I've always been a bit befuddled by people saying "oh dear god I don't have a ds lite! how will I be able to update?". I've always been annoyed at the pervasiveness of kids to bring their NDS systems literally everywhere. If I go to dinner anywhere, inevitably several kids have their NDS systems out and are playing them, before, during and after dinner. Surely it can't be that hard to find another living breathing person to do the 2 minutes of updates required on the cart and be on your way. Hell if you're desperate, pay off a kid or a game store employee $5 to borrow their NDS for 2 minutes (which I realize is close to %33-%50 of the cost of just buying a new cart...) . But really is it THAT hard to find someone?

You're being ignorant and typically think that the whole world is like USA. For your info, there are loads of countries where the DS isn't as popular and you might only find a few in the whole city you're living in. So don't post this nonsense.

nemofunk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you Fabis94 I fully agree with you, but we dont know 100% if we are even going to get a well written update because from all of what we have been hearing is that they can get it running but not without lots of bugs. on top of that I dont believe that akaio is still being worked on by one person so yeah Im not sure that there is going to be a new one anytime soon. All in all just be patient.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, probably the scouter