Acekard 2i and 512MB rom

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by waldfee, Dec 13, 2010.

Dec 13, 2010

Acekard 2i and 512MB rom by waldfee at 2:54 PM (1,439 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. waldfee
    OP

Newcomer waldfee Member

United States
    Hi, I wanted to try out the newly released Ninokuni game and it is the first 512MB game that I use. Now I heard that some of these games (and Ninokuni in particular) bricks the acekard by flashing the ROM chip. Is that true and what do I have to do before starting the game? Updating to the newest firmware and AKAIO? Or do I have to wait until someone releases a patched nds file of that game, or do I have to change anything in the AKAIO settings? Thanks in advance.

2. The Pi

Member The Pi Lurker

United Kingdom
    It happens to some people but not all so you might be lucky
    You have three options
    Either just play the game and hope it doesn't brick, if it does then reflash it with a DS phat/lite and another cart
    Use a different flashcart (other carts don't have this issue)
    Or you can take the AK2i apart and solder a wire between 2 pins to enable write protection (I can't remember which pins it was someone else may though)

3. synce

Member synce だいこんちゃんのだいふぁん

United States
    Honestly I didn't look into it (don't care for the game) but I bet you it has something to do with the DSi and that fail that goes with it, most likely not an Acekard issue or even a DS Lite issue

4. jurassicplayer

Member jurassicplayer Completionist Themer

United States
    If I recall correctly, you could reformat your microSD to have a different cluster size or something and then it will work perfectly fine.

5. waldfee
    OP

Newcomer waldfee Member

United States
    Thanks for the feedback.
    So, is this just an error caused by the acekard manufacturer or is it an ant-piracy mechanism by nintendo specifically for the acekard? In the latter case, I would just wait for a patched nds file...

6. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
  7. ut2k4master

Member ut2k4master Lord Tourettes

Germany
    your sd card needs a cluster size of 32kb, then it should work.
    bricked my card because i have formatted it with standard windows settings before that, but you can always unbrick it if you have a ds phat/lite or dsi with a firmware