Hacking Acekard 2i 3DS update

D

Deleted User

To clarify what Rydian is saying (as it appears his message wasn't interpreted properly, lol)

If you update the 3DS first when future updates are released, no doubt, they will block the Acekard 2i. Thus, you won't be able to run the updater file and will need to borrow someone else's DS.
If you update the Acekard 2i first, then you can use it after the 3DS update (which would be performed afterwards) as it will bypass the protection.

Though chances are the updater file for the 2i will be released a day or two *after* the update. So if I were you I'd turn your Spotpass off.

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
warmijwilfaain said:
To clarify what Rydian is saying (as it appears his message wasn't interpreted properly, lol)

If you update the 3DS first when future updates are released, no doubt, they will block the Acekard 2i. Thus, you won't be able to run the updater file and will need to borrow someone else's DS.
If you update the Acekard 2i first, then you can use it after the 3DS update (which would be performed afterwards) as it will bypass the protection.

Though chances are the updater file for the 2i will be released a day or two *after* the update. So if I were you I'd turn your Spotpass off.

oh, that's what he meant. now i understand. But, you can also ignore this step if you have a regular DS / DSLite right?

Holmesd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Here's a vid (my first uploaded to YouTube as it happens) hopefully outlining my difficulties :

[youtube]TH38ID8-Byc[/youtube]

tanbe174

Trophies
XP
Country
Holmesd said:
Here's a vid (my first uploaded to YouTube as it happens) hopefully outlining my difficulties :

[youtube]TH38ID8-Byc[/youtube]

Did you check if you have the right acekard 2i?

If yes, try to reformat the micro sd card and reput all the files in it (make backups)

I think I had that problem too and I read on some forum that a simple format will solve the problem

Holmesd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ericthegreat said:
holmesd and all others with white loading black screen you need to put sd card in pc and manual upgrade to akaio 1.8.6a

Thanks, but one more question. What do I do with which files, once it's downloaded? Do I just copy the whole lot over on to my MicroSD? As you may be able to tell, I'm not used to doing this.

Spongeworthy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Rydian said:
Spongeworthy said:
Has anyone gotten Nintendo Wi-Fi connection to work on the 3DS through Ak2i?
it should work just fine, assuming you're using WEP security.

I keep getting the 51300 error code, I set up my wireless correctly. The WiFi connection seems to be good when checking it through the 3DS system settings. When I try to test through the acekard, i keep getting the error.

Pegs001

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I put my Acekard 2i in the 3ds it doesn't even start.
If I put it in after it has started then nothing else will load.
Ex. I put in the Acekard 2i, then turn on my 3ds. It will not start, just black screen.
Turn it off, then on, but without Acekard, it will start. Put Acekard in, it doesn't read it, as if I had never put a game inside. Then If I try and play or go to anything, like the camera, it freezes again and just doesn't load.

It is 8181, got it in that box I see some tutorials have, and runs fine on the DS Lite used to update it.

gautam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please choose a update file to run depends on the kind of your console.
1)"ak2ifw_update_3ds_v1_D Si.nds" for DSi and DSiXL.
2)"ak2ifw_update_3ds_v1_D SL.nds" for DSL and DSPhat.
3)Then follow the instruction on screen.
Notice :
The first type of AK2i, which has a little window in the shell of back, can't update to support 3DS temporarily. The HWID of this type of AK2i is "44"

Holmesd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This is another video highlighting the latest difficulty I am having updating my Acekard 2i:

[youtube]0BG_ZUyay7k[/youtube]

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you running AKAIO 1.8.1? Looks like it from the video.

Take a backup of your ROMS and homebrew

Take your sd card and reformat it with the Panasonic SD fomatter

Then load AKAIO 1.8.6a onto the SD card

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
doyama said:
Are you running AKAIO 1.8.1? Looks like it from the video.

Take a backup of your ROMS and homebrew

Take your sd card and reformat it with the Panasonic SD fomatter

Then load AKAIO 1.8.6a onto the SD card
This. Not sure why anyone would be running 1.8.1 at the moment.

SD Formatter can be found here. AKAIO 1.8.6a can be found here.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah but I'd tie him up in the females bathroom