Hacking AceKard 2 vs DSTT vs Edge

jos7960

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Since you cant even find the edit button, i would suggest you buy the one with the easiest interface.
I owned a DSTT and it has an easy interface and is easy to set up. So buy it

UltraMagnus

hic sunt dracones
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
damn impatient aussies
wink.gif

seriously, no one answers these questions any more, I would suggest you just read the reviews on here and this site http://dsdatabase.org I went for an edge because from reviews it seemed the most reliable, but it depends on what you want and what is available in your country

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There is already a thread to post these sorts of questions: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=70252

The choice is between the Acekard 2 and the Edge. I would only consider the DSTT if you're a child and need an interface without several basic features seen in nearly every other flash cart, or if you can only afford $12 for a flash cart (but keep in mind that you'll have to purchase a microSD reader if you don't have one since the DSTT no longer comes with one).

Between the Acekard 2 and Edge it would depend on what your preferences are. Their features and price are similar, and both are excellent, reasonably priced flash carts. The Edge has the advantage of being sturdier than the Acekard 2, which is held together by plastic clips. But the Acekard 2 has a much more elegant menu system (with the custom AKAIO menu it's even nicer).

I personally prefer the Acekard 2, because I prefer a nicer menu system and don't care that much about how sturdy the flash cart is. First, the Acekard 2 isn't so flimsy that it's going to fall apart, even if you were to drop it. Second, I hardly ever remove my Acekard 2 from my DS (there's really no need to). Third, if it were to break it could be glued shut and would probably be quite sturdy (the plastic clips that hold it together make it feel less sturdy than other carts, but the actual materials the cart is made out of are similar to other carts).

-Bri

Saladman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I say DSTT. It plays roms better than any slot-1 I've used so far, even with slower mem cards it plays the dodgy roms that rely on speed. I don't think menu interfaces are more important than rom playing ability. Though not having folders and just 1 long list with a 8gb for example is silly, they need to put folder browsing on the menu.

lurbi

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hexane26 said:
im looking for a new flash card and they are my options what dose gba temp recommend ??lol

go to the review section, and read the reviews.

In short my 2 cents:
By FAAAAAAAAAAAAAR the Acekard2

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hmmm..
I can't find the Witch One,
nor the Wizard one,
if ever there was one
wink.gif

nice rhymes eh? Go for EDGE I guess, I'm getting one

But, since you're impatient and prefer double-posting than editing your post, I'd say DSTT, dude, piracy is difficult ^^

esoterica

Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
I was deciding between those exact 3 cards you mentioned. I ended up going with the Edge, and I am very pleased with it. The Acekard 2 has a lot more menu functions, but honestly, I could care less about that. The Edge has a very clean, simple interface similar to that of R4. except it has full touch screen use. The card does feel very sturdy, but the memory card protrudes slightly. It doesn't bother me at all however, it's barely even noticeable when the flash cart is in the NDS.

I'm sure you will be happy with either. They both do the same thing anyways. But Edge boots up really fast and if you don't care about all the menu options, then just go for the Edge. Otherwise, get the Acekard 2 if the menu interface interests you.

AeroHex

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
i need somethign that has good support that wont run out any time soon and lots of features

im thinking of m3 real if i can get one i like to venture though firmwares like the m3 real you can run m3 real itouch and sakura and that seems cool

ds-x had some good features but im not getting them there out of support (arnt they?)

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Hexane26 said:
i need somethign that has good support that wont run out any time soon and lots of features

im thinking of m3 real if i can get one i like to venture though firmwares like the m3 real you can run m3 real itouch and sakura and that seems cool

ds-x had some good features but im not getting them there out of support (arnt they?)

No, the DS-X is probably the best cart you can get! More features than a CycloDS, onboard memory and DANCING LEDs, DUDE!

Seriously though, pick any. They're all good choices.

lurbi

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hexane26 said:

CycloDS has great features.
Supercard DS1 has nearly the same features, but with a slower GUI and some things not optimally implemented (eg cheats are cut off, realtime guide uses big font)

Anyways ... Supercard has extremely good long term support.
They still have updates for ancient slot2 cards.

Team Cyclops (from cycloDS) has stolen their slot2 design from supercard, and only released 1 firmware for that, with NO updates at all.

So the question is, how long they will support the CycloDS Evo.
At the moment support is very good ... question is when will they stop.

PS: Sidenote EZFlash V+ is gaining many features, and has also great support.

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jos7960 said:
Since you cant even find the edit button, i would suggest you buy the one with the easiest interface.
Struth, just check out the R4 section for more laughs from the wonderful world of Beve/Hexane26.
He continues to mislead people, as he chose the topic title for 3 carts only (can safely presume he did so after doing a fair bit of his own research), but has already begun to add others to his list. What's more, he's been sprouting for about two weeks he was "buying an Edge".
wacko.gif

AeroHex

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Dark^'^Knight said:
jos7960 said:
Struth, just check out the R4 section for more laughs from the wonderful world of Beve/Hexane26.
He continues to mislead people, as he chose the topic title for 3 carts only (can safely presume he did so after doing a fair bit of his own research), but has already begun to add others to his list. What's more, he's been sprouting for about two weeks he was "buying an Edge".
wacko.gif

have not....

i thought you would avoid my theads

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: damn