Hacking Acekard 2 vs Cyclo DS

SigmaZero

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I recently just purchased an Acekard 2 and I just wanted some opinions on it in regards to which I should use. I currently have a CycloDS and I'm tossing up which one I should give to my cousin who lost her cart a few weeks ago (a CycloDS as well). I'm not exactly an avid DS user so I don't really use the bonus features of the CycloDS so at the first glance, an Acekard would be nicer. Though at the same time my cousin probably won't be using the extra features either and I know the support with the CycloDS is top notch, plus its a lot more expensive so if she happens to lose it again, it might be a hassle (although she claims someone stole it).

So really my question is this, if I switched over to the Acekard 2, is there frequent support for the cart? Firmware updates are up to date? And would I really be missing out on much? I read the review that cheats were a bit tricky to use but I'm okay with that and the skin and interfacing looks sweet so that's another point that appeals to me.

Thanks in advance.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
i hate the mainstream, always have, always will. with that said i hate the cyclods because of what it stands for. it is a very good flash kit, it has paid support and some cool extra features. but it is in no way worth the price they are charging. the ak2.1 does everything it should. plays roms, plays homebrew, and works well. not to mention it only costs 12 bucks from DX. read the akaio wiki and see what you can do with your ak. i personally won't stop using it until norm and smiths decide to call it quits and stop writing firmware.

-another world

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Another World said:
pooandwee said:
Whichever releases firmware compatible with GTA first.

you would base your purchase on the ability to run ONE game? i find that hilarious.

-another world
He's better of just buying that one game instead
rofl2.gif

robochrono09

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there is a game fix going around that makes gta compatiable with most if not all carts eventually the cart companies will release new firmware so that GTA will be compatiable anyway

so it doesn't matter

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have both an AceKard 2.1 and a Cyclo, and I like them both. If you don't require the real-time save, etc then AK would probably suffice, as it's a fraction of the Cyclo price, but the support from Team Cyclops seems to be amazing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1