Hacking AceKard 2 (not 2.1/2i) FAT error

GrathXVI

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I just got FAT errors with both my 4GB MicroSDHC cards on my AceKard 2, bought it ~4 months ago. Is it still covered by any warranty/whatever?
Do you think it's likely I'll get a 2.1 in exchange if AceKard (or original dealer, if I can find the paperwork) will replace the faulty AceKard.

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
GrathXVI said:
So, I just got FAT errors with both my 4GB MicroSDHC cards on my AceKard 2, bought it ~4 months ago. Is it still covered by any warranty/whatever?
Do you think it's likely I'll get a 2.1 in exchange if AceKard (or original dealer, if I can find the paperwork) will replace the faulty AceKard.
I bought my Acekard 2 more than 9 months ago and when it died on me a couple of weeks ago I tried to get it exchanged from my local reseller. He wouldn't exchange it since he claimed that I was the one at fault so I contacted the Acekard Team about it and they responded to me that they'd exchange it , but in return they wanted some pictures of my faulty Acekard 2. A couple of days later I received a small package from China through EMS Express and when I opened it I saw a brand new Acekard 2.1.

So I'd say that you should first try to get it exchanged from the place you bought it from and if that doesn't work I think you should contact the Acekard Team by email.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't know who you bought yours from, but most reputable sellers are aware of the FAT problems that plagued later batches of the Acekard 2. They are also aware that the problems are "delayed" and only show up after weeks and sometimes months of use.

-Bri

GrathXVI

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got mine from DealWoot, it was one of the cheapest places at the time that was an official reseller.

Edit: And I have just filled out a contact form on their website, should get a response back soon hopefully.

GrathXVI

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the double post, but a while has gone by between the last post and this one.
Contacted Dealwoot, got this reply:
"Your order has far exceeded the warranty deadline. But judging by the
error, please update your firmware of the Acekard." (Just 'cause I could, I tried with a blank MicroSDHC 4GB and freshly downloaded firmware. Nooooope.)
So I'll have to try what Minox IX suggested. Hopefully I'll have similar results (2.1 in a few days)

GrathXVI

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I already contacted them, sent the pictures they asked for (Outside of card, error on DS screen, and both sides of the PCB), and got a reply of 'Thanks. We'll send you a replacement soon' to the pictures.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, lol +1