Acekard 2 is...ailing

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by RoboClover, Dec 16, 2008.

Dec 16, 2008

Acekard 2 is...ailing by RoboClover at 2:29 AM (951 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. RoboClover

Newcomer RoboClover Advanced Member

Apr 14, 2008
    United States
    *babbling* So the other day, i pick up my DS to play some Mario Kart, no big deal. But i turn it on and select my Acekard2 (which has served me faithfully and unerringly for about 6 months or so) and get "FAT Error".

...what? My little $23 wonder wasnt working. So i saw FAT and figured it was to do with the flashable memory. Instead of doing something like getting on the computer and reformatting the card (that would have made sense) i just took it out and re-inserted it. That worked for about a week. Now I just get that heartless 'FAT Error' message now and no amount of fiddling with the memory stick makes it go away. *babbling*

So i went on my computer, took everything off, formatted the card with FAT32 (was that what i did wrong?) and put everything back on. Still, "FAT Error". So whats up? Is there a way to fix it? Time for a new slot 1 card? Something to do with the memory stick?

Using an Acekard 2 with a 1 gig Lexar micro SD card.

Thanks, as always!
  2. VatoLoco

Member VatoLoco Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.

Jan 29, 2008
    Ya Cant Get There From Here
    United States
    I had one of my original AK2's go lame on me recently. Pretty much the same scenario as yours.

My advice to you is to contact and give them the same message you posted here.

They will most likely replace your AK for you. (I had to take a couple of photos of my broken card, but didn't have to

send it back...and they paid to ship the new one [​IMG] )
  3. Tomy Sakazaki

Member Tomy Sakazaki GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 23, 2006
    It's broken. Do as VatoLoco said, you will receive a new AK 2.1 from them. But don't be hasty, sometimes it can be a slow process.